AROD in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: AROD in the playoffs

although it's fun to make fun? of....it doesnt really matter as the NYY print money.  they can afford a $30MM albatross or 3.  over/under on amount of tv closeups of a-rod during tonights game?  i will start the line at 17

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ESPN reports that NYY coaching staff after watching film claims ARod needs more than a minor mechanical slump adjustment; that he in fact has BIG HOLES in his swing.

Buster Olney also observed that ARod looks UGLY & Helpless vs RHers throwing 88-90.

Imagine what kind of player he'll be in 2017; a bargain at his salary.

[/QUOTE]Arod since joining the yanks has never been able to produce under pressure. People point to the 2009 postseason where he had good numbers but forget that year wasn't about him. It was all about CC and Tex having signed hugh deals to join NY that season.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Girardi has benched ARod for today's game. He'll earn $200,000 for sitting on the bench.

[/QUOTE]

nice work if you can get it..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sadly Alex has forced this move. Hopefully he starts next series with a clean slate. If not, he is the most expensive platoon player in the game.

I wonder if they even allow the fat son Hank near Yankee Stadium after he personlly handled the A-Rod contract fiasco. I think not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you jealous that my Yanks can afford that? HaHa.

[/QUOTE]Let me attempt to catch you up on things and I promise not to end with ha ha even though I should.. Yankee ownership because of the new agreement is set on getting below the salary cap. That said having an anchor like Arod on the payroll for the next 5 years is something they cannot afford going forward. Even though Arod's contract was front loaded MLB takes the total value of the deal he signed 5 years ago and divides by 10 for an annual average being applied for salary cap purposes. That means 27.5M . NO, your yanks cannot "afford that". Sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the only pleasure i have right now is watching yankees fans have to root for a-rod.

[/QUOTE]

That's the thing Slasher. We may get pizzed or even dislike a player on our team, but unlike some fans in RSN, we will still root for them,  whereas members of RSN outright rooted against players on the Sox. Makes no sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

the only pleasure i have right now is watching yankees fans have to root for a-rod.

[/QUOTE]

That's the thing Slasher. We may get pizzed or even dislike a player on our team, but unlike some fans in RSN, we will still root for them,  whereas members of RSN outright rooted against players on the Sox. Makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]"we will still root for him"

REALLY?

Then please explain all the boo's that are rain'g down on Arod,Swish,Granderson and Cano. Not to mention Tex the last week of the regular season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

ESPN reports that NYY coaching staff after watching film claims ARod needs more than a minor mechanical slump adjustment; that he in fact has BIG HOLES in his swing.

Buster Olney also observed that ARod looks UGLY & Helpless vs RHers throwing 88-90.

Imagine what kind of player he'll be in 2017; a bargain at his salary.

[/QUOTE]Arod since joining the yanks has never been able to produce under pressure. People point to the 2009 postseason where he had good numbers but forget that year wasn't about him. It was all about CC and Tex having signed hugh deals to join NY that season.

[/QUOTE]

I think that's unfair, Hammer.  ARod was still the show, he did great and I think he has to get the credit for what he did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A-Rod is not the only one who is struggling.  Swisher, Cano and Granderson are struggling as well.

Cano is batting 2 for 28 in the playoffs.

I think the media is picking on A-Rod because he is the highest paid player. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

REALLY?

Then please explain all the boo's that are rain'g down on Arod,Swish,Granderson and Cano. Not to mention Tex the last week of the regular season.

[/QUOTE]

They are booing the result. In the stadium after a strike out in an important situation, they will get booed. But when the game starts anew, they are cheering. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A-Rod is not the only one who is struggling.  Swisher, Cano and Granderson are struggling as well.

Cano is batting 2 for 28 in the playoffs.

I think the media is picking on A-Rod because he is the highest paid player. 

[/QUOTE]

He also has a much longer history of playoff failure.  Cano and Grandy have been okay in previous playoffs, just not this one.

The biggest issue I had last night was the fundamentals.

Jeter gets walked on 4 pitches to start the game.  He goes 1-0 on Ichiro.  Ichiro tries to bunt, and then flies out.  When a pitcher starts the game with 5 straight balls, you have to take a pitch.

By the time ARod gets up, he had already walked three guys in the inning.  Unless he lobs it over the plate, I think you need to take a pitch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

REALLY?

[/QUOTE]

They are booing the result. In the stadium after a strike out in an important situation, they will get booed. But when the game starts anew, they are cheering. 

[/QUOTE]"they are cheering"

There is some merit to that.

Just looking at the crowd size is a indication the fans have somewhat turned their backs to this team. For whatever reason the new park in general has not been able to generate the atmosphere the old park provided.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

The fact is Arod someday will be inducted into the the HOF.

Who wouldn't be happy with that kind of career?

His success does rub some people the wrong way and at times he is his worst enemy.

Can't help but think playing the next 3 games away from home might take a little pressure off of him.

When your own fans are degrading you it can't be helping.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i disagree HH.  i dont think there is any chance he gets into the hall.  blame his cousin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

i disagree HH.  i dont think there is any chance he gets into the hall.  blame his cousin.

[/QUOTE]

To say there's no chance is foolish; but the odds are against him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Apologies if someone mentioned this before, but A-Rod's not only one one struggling in pinstripes. Cano, a guy I always expect to crush it, is 2-for-32. Granderson is 3-for-26. Only Ibanez, Ichiro and Jeter have been hitting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Paging Magic Johnson, Brian Cashman would like to speak to you!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Paging Magic Johnson, Brian Cashman would like to speak to you!

[/QUOTE]

hahahaha.  +1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    To say there's no chance is foolish; but the odds are against him.

[/QUOTE]

it has been proven that there is no way big mac is getting in.  and there is no way Bonds is getting in.  how is my logic foolish?

bonds has how many MVP's & all-time HR title & all-time single season HR title.

foolish?  nope.

you can lay to bed the "what hat is a-rod going to wear in the hall of fame" discussion.  bet on that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Rumor: The female fan whom A-Rod was flirting with was the one who was stalking Brian Cashman during the offseason.   LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

fans boo A-Rod because his post-season stats are always terrible - not just this year.  the whole flirting with fan story would have been funny except for the fact it just shows his mind is not on the game.  that little stunt was DURING the ALCS playoff game...girardi claimed "no comment" as did cashman.  they were definitely not amused.  remember just a few days ago, the yankees griping about a policeman asking for autograph before the game was over? that policeman got reassigned.  now A-rod pulls that stunt during game? explain how that is less offensive than a cop asking for an autograph.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

fans boo A-Rod because his post-season stats are always terrible - not just this year.  the whole flirting with fan story would have been funny except for the fact it just shows his mind is not on the game.  that little stunt was DURING the ALCS playoff game...girardi claimed "no comment" as did cashman.  they were definitely not amused.  remember just a few days ago, the yankees griping about a policeman asking for autograph before the game was over? that policeman got reassigned.  now A-rod pulls that stunt during game? explain how that is less offensive than a cop asking for an autograph.

[/QUOTE]If the Arod incident is true than he clearly has become a major problem for ny.  What do you do with him? No team is going to take on his salary for the next 5 seasons. A host for comcast sports called Arod a very expensive batboy. I think that clearly was a joke but his point had merit.

Sections
Shortcuts