AROD in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: AROD in the playoffs

A-Rod should do himself a favor and retire. He has more than enough money and all he does now his destroy what is left of his legacy to complete ashes. Maybe he can request a buy-out which voids his contract. yanks give him 20 million and say sayonara. Then he can go to Miami.

I almost feel sorry for him - but while he is on NY, I will still root for him which each breath I have.

FTR - no one can blame A-Rod for this Detroit disaster. Blame squarely falls on the shoulders of Cano and Tex.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

A-Rod should do himself a favor and retire. He has more than enough money and all he does now his destroy what is left of his legacy to complete ashes. Maybe he can request a buy-out which voids his contract. yanks give him 20 million and say sayonara. Then he can go to Miami.

I almost feel sorry for him - but while he is on NY, I will still root for him which each breath I have.

FTR - no one can blame A-Rod for this Detroit disaster. Blame squarely falls on the shoulders of Cano and Tex.

think thats how will go, jess, but not for a year or two. The statement will be, it was a mutual decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

think thats how will go, jess, but not for a year or two. The statement will be, it was a mutual decision.

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

To say there's no chance is foolish; but the odds are against him.

it has been proven that there is no way big mac is getting in.  and there is no way Bonds is getting in.  how is my logic foolish?

bonds has how many MVP's & all-time HR title & all-time single season HR title.

foolish?  nope.

you can lay to bed the "what hat is a-rod going to wear in the hall of fame" discussion.  bet on that.

I didn't know Bonds was eligible for election yet. Ditto for Manny & Ortiz as well, BTW. What goes around comes around. Regardless, would you like to give me 50-1 odds on ARod? Pettite too?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

it has been proven that there is no way big mac is getting in.  and there is no way Bonds is getting in.  how is my logic foolish?

foolish?  nope.

you can lay to bed the "what hat is a-rod going to wear in the hall of fame" discussion.  bet on that.

I didn't know Bonds was eligible for election yet. Manny & Ortiz don't seem to have much of a chance as well, BTW. What goes around comes around. Regardless, would you like to give me 50-1 odds on ARod? Pettite too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

foolish?  nope.

I didn't know Bonds was eligible for election yet. Manny & Ortiz don't seem to have much of a chance as well, BTW. What goes around comes around. Regardless, would you like to give me 50-1 odds on ARod? Pettite too?

What does that even mean?

Who said anything about Manny or Ortiz getting into the HOF?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

As bad as A-Rod has been in the playoffs, I think Girardi should still have him play.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I didn't know Bonds was eligible for election yet. Ditto for Manny & Ortiz as well, BTW. What goes around comes around. Regardless, would you like to give me 50-1 odds on ARod? Pettite too?

so you think bonds is getting in?

manny?  who even said anything about Manny?

no player with proven steroids will ever get in.  whether they took them knowingly or unknowingly.  the writers are old school and will not put these guys in there with their natural heroes.

ortiz was never even proven but the rumor will keep him out (if his numbers are even worthy enough which is borderline at best).

no way pettitte gets in.  unless he somehow gets 55 wins before he is finally done.  forget about the cheating he did...the numbers aint strong enough.

yeah, yeah, yeah...postseason numbers.  sure he has alot of games played.  5-4 World series with over 4 era negates any of it.  dominating?  no.

took the first shot by calling what i said foolish.  not smaht.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

nice thought.  but if you were guaranteed $114MM to sit on a bench for 3 hours a night for 6 months x 5 years would you trade that for $20MM?

me neither.

not to mention satan would never ever ever allow that as his money is commission on those $114MM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

nice thought.  but if you were guaranteed $114MM to sit on a bench for 3 hours a night for 6 months x 5 years would you trade that for $20MM?

me neither.

not to mention satan would never ever ever allow that as his money is commission on those $114MM.

it's where you hope his ego is truly as large as the press say it is and him feeling the need to prove himself worthy. I can dream, can't I Slasher?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i dont blame you at all.  i wouldnt be surprised if the yankees just eat his salary and send him out to pasture.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

so you think bonds is getting in?

manny?  who even said anything about Manny?

no player with proven steroids will ever get in.  whether they took them knowingly or unknowingly.  the writers are old school and will not put these guys in there with their natural heroes.

ortiz was never even proven but the rumor will keep him out (if his numbers are even worthy enough which is borderline at best).

no way pettitte gets in.  unless he somehow gets 55 wins before he is finally done.  forget about the cheating he did...the numbers aint strong enough.

yeah, yeah, yeah...postseason numbers.  sure he has alot of games played.  5-4 World series with over 4 era negates any of it.  dominating?  no.

took the first shot by calling what i said foolish.  not smaht.

Give me 50-1 odds then

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

me neither.

it's where you hope his ego is truly as large as the press say it is and him feeling the need to prove himself worthy. I can dream, can't I Slasher?

ARod is a hypocrit; the $ shall always supersede whatever pride he has, and he doesn't even need it. I do think some other players would agree to cut bait. Blame Hank the moron for this mess; Boras (who I believe took the bullet in the chest for that wacky announcement about him playing out his option) knew he was a dope and his plan worked to perfection. To wit: Why did ARod go with his tail between his legs to Hank? Why didn't he go to Cashman, Levine, or Hal?

Hence the result is arguably the worst contract in sports history; although juicy Pujols doesn't look too good either.

Sections
Shortcuts