Arod missing half season 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Arod missing half season 2013

Arod needs left hip surgery, amazing This guy is breaking down right before your eyes. PEDs killed this guy and at 35 million a year as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Arod missing half season 2013

Is this the same thing that was the beginning of the end for Mike Lowell?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Steroids have been known to cause problems like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wonder how the Yankees will respond to this sudden news.

I think the Yankees will either resign Eric Chavez or make a trade for the Padres' third baseman, Headly. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arod needs left hip surgery, amazing This guy is breaking down right before your eyes. PEDs killed this guy and at 35 million a year as well.

[/QUOTE]

He missed most of last season also.... No big deal....Just big paycheck . So if sox are smart lets sign Hamilton for 7 years and watch a break down........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The Yankees have already written off ARod as sunk cost, with the caviat that he is always newsworthy and thus keeps the brand a poppin'.  They have been signing key role players in recent years (Chavez et al) with the knowledge that they weren't going to get anything meaningful out of Alex.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I wonder if there is any one still around who would admit to wanting to sign A-Rod away from the Yankees several years ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this the same thing that was the beginning of the end for Mike Lowell?

[/QUOTE]

yes sort of.  Yankees should just DH him last year instead forcing him to play at 3B.

Oh well, it is not our problem, it is the Yankees's!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He'll have plenty of time to spend with all those girls he gave his phone number , on the baseballs that the Steinbrenners paid for.

He's got money, fame, chicks and lots of time on his hands...sounds like a recipe for disaster looming for A-Rod....wonder if he calls Tiger Woods and O.J. Simpson for advice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Yankees have already written off ARod as sunk cost, with the caviat that he is always newsworthy and thus keeps the brand a poppin'.  They have been signing key role players in recent years (Chavez et al) with the knowledge that they weren't going to get anything meaningful out of Alex.  

[/QUOTE] a 2nd hip surgery and over 100 million still owed...boy if that ain't an ouch :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's really too bad. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sorry for the Yankees but baseball benefits when talented players are on the field. Arod in his prime was clearly one of the top ten to ever play this game. Now he is toast both from a physical and mental state.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] a 2nd hip surgery and over 100 million still owed...boy if that ain't an ouch :)

[/QUOTE]

Whats good Jete?  Well, maybe Alex should move out to Brooklyn.  he is officially a HIPster.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Watch the Yankees get involved with Hamilton, watch now with the loss of AROD.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whats good Jete?  Well, maybe Alex should move out to Brooklyn.  he is officially a HIPster.  :)

[/QUOTE]hey Space!!..yeah, we need somebody out there, since you left us to get that California Love ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

Watch the Yankees get involved with Hamilton, watch now with the loss of AROD.

[/QUOTE]

I am still not sure if the Yankees are serious about getting their payroll below $189 million by 2014.

I just do not see the Yankees staying this quiet.  So I would not be surprised if they did sign Hamilton and then trade Granderson. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Gutted

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gutted

[/QUOTE] Let's see what he looks like in Feb.

He's on the Beckett diet for now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Assuming his contract is insured, the worst result is a diminished-but-can-play ARod.  A complete recovery or complete breakdown are much better results for the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What amazes me about the injury is why they did not get the surgery done immediately instead of waiting so long after ward. Were they looking to trade him and hope he still had value. I do not understand this at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

What amazes me about the injury is why they did not get the surgery done immediately instead of waiting so long after ward. Were they looking to trade him and hope he still had value. I do not understand this at all.

[/QUOTE]

but youd think if they did get some sucker to trade for a-roid that a physical would be required for completion. then they would see he needed surgery anyway and it would have fallen through

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gutted

[/QUOTE] Let's see what he looks like in Feb.

He's on the Beckett diet for now.

[/QUOTE]

How does a guy with a boot on exercise? I think he looks fine.

[/QUOTE]

a bike, i wore a boot for a month and a half and during wrestling practice i was relegated to the workout bike.. it doesn't put any stress on the damaged area, at least it didnt for me, i didn't break my ankle like jeter though....and i'm not 50.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts