Arod missing half season 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Arod missing half season 2013

you know what i mean... old man rivers in the bronx certainly isn't a young pup anymore

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Say what you want to about Jeter but he is head and shoulders above anything the Sox have put at SS in a very long time...and he is a class act...never shoots off his mouth about others and is the kind of guy the Sox have been missing in the clubhouse for a long time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Say what you want to about Jeter but he is head and shoulders above anything the Sox have put at SS in a very long time...and he is a class act...never shoots off his mouth about others and is the kind of guy the Sox have been missing in the clubhouse for a long time. 

[/QUOTE]

jeter is one of the few yankees i actually like. aside from that garbage of him saying he got hit when the ball clearly hit the end of the bat he is a stand up guy and a future Hall of famer..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arod needs left hip surgery, amazing This guy is breaking down right before your eyes. PEDs killed this guy and at 35 million a year as well.

[/QUOTE]   He is done !!!!   The "fountain of juice" is destroying him ...... Can't play baseball with bad hips.......  Watch for the weight gain !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if there is any one still around who would admit to wanting to sign A-Rod away from the Yankees several years ago.

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem saying I wanted him. No one knew he'd have these injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

What amazes me about the injury is why they did not get the surgery done immediately instead of waiting so long after ward. Were they looking to trade him and hope he still had value. I do not understand this at all.

[/QUOTE]

Did you not see the interview with Cashman. His repaired hip was what was bothering him in the playoffs. So they sent him for an MRI and it showed no issue, so he kept on playing. The other hip was never checked until recently when he started working out.  

So it had nothing to do with trying to trade him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What amazes me about the injury is why they did not get the surgery done immediately instead of waiting so long after ward. Were they looking to trade him and hope he still had value. I do not understand this at all.

[/QUOTE]

Did you not see the interview with Cashman. His repaired hip was what was bothering him in the playoffs. So they sent him for an MRI and it showed no issue, so he kept on playing. The other hip was never checked until recently when he started working out.  

So it had nothing to do with trying to trade him.

[/QUOTE]

Remember when Manny's MRI showed no damage? 

MRIs are not 100% conclusive on anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gutted

[/QUOTE] Let's see what he looks like in Feb.

He's on the Beckett diet for now.

[/QUOTE]

How does a guy with a boot on exercise? I think he looks fine.

[/QUOTE]

there's lots of exercises you can do to keep that gut away. You know you can work from the hips on up. To you he looks fine.? Are you going by what you see in your mirror?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're 100% correct.

First ballot HOF and still playing at a high level.

He won't be out of shape for long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

Arod needs left hip surgery, amazing This guy is breaking down right before your eyes. PEDs killed this guy and at 35 million a year as well.

[/QUOTE]

This should be a lesson for ball team owners/GM's do not sign ridiculous contracts. If a ball team is willing to give Hamilton a big contract for life that will be OK, along it is not the Red Sox. Even though he is a left handed hitter, something the Red Sox are pursuing after the napoli signing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

there's lots of exercises you can do to keep that gut away. You know you can work from the hips on up. To you he looks fine.? Are you going by what you see in your mirror?

[/QUOTE] i think a lot of it has to do with him being told almost immediately that he isn't to do anything weight-bearing...it will probably take him a little longer to shape it up, as he has always been used to arriving early at the Tampa complex and getting his work in...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Jeter will be fine. A-Rod, even if surgery is a success in nothing more than a bit player with a very high income. My only hope is that surgery is successful but not enough so that he can lace up his spikes anymore. Then he has no choice to retire and NY can give him a respectful retirement present and then be done with him.

As in life, you reap what you sow. I do believe that Hal S. will stick with this hard cap. The Yanks have to look past 2013. They have only missed the post season once since 1995. if they miss a year or two, I have no problem with that.