ARod Suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

ARod Suspension

I don't know if thas idea has been floated, but since he's way past his first suspension which is 50 games, why don't they start the suspension now? You know he gets at least 50 minimum. Clock starts now and when the appeal is over, add on whatever is left. Instead, he's out there's helping the Yankees win. People question Melky Cabreras contributions even though he was suspended, and how it helped the Giants. Why ARod is out there is beyond and logical comprehension. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: ARod Suspension

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

I don't know if thas idea has been floated, but since he's way past his first suspension which is 50 games, why don't they start the suspension now? You know he gets at least 50 minimum. Clock starts now and when the appeal is over, add on whatever is left. Instead, he's out there's helping the Yankees win. People question Melky Cabreras contributions even though he was suspended, and how it helped the Giants. Why ARod is out there is beyond and logical comprehension. 

it's not that hard to comprehend

just read the CBA

BTW melky played for the giants during his appeal

we just didn't know about it because they don't announce it

until after the appeal for guys who fail a test

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

it's not that hard to comprehend

just read the CBA

BTW melky played for the giants during his appeal

we just didn't know about it because they don't announce it

until after the appeal for guys who fail a test

Well, such is true, but that was Melkys first, correct? This is Arods, what 3rd? Right?. Such being that is is, the suspension will be no less than 50 games. He isn't getting nothing. The MLB front office knows that, the Players Association knows that, so start him now.  Even the appeal is based on the length of suspension, NOT whether he is getting suspended. To let him play and contribute is an affront the rest of the league. That is how it's hard to comprehend. It's one were the PA and MLB say, you start now, and we'll iron out the specifics. And we will have it done within 50 games. It's only tainting the rest ofthe season. For the Red Sox, Rays and Orioles. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

This is Arods, what 3rd?

not sure how U came up with 3

but how many times is the crux of the appeal

his people will argue it's his 1st time

your idea isn't bad

but you can't change the rules /protocol mid stream

same reason IMO bud didn't play the ''good of the game '' card

as long as mlb doesn't do anything  out of order with arod

I'm sure this winter the union will agree to make changes for the long term future

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

How can the Yankees put a player on the field with a knowingly steroid enhanced body, take the benefits from that body, and turn a blind eye to it? 

ARod belongs on the bench, if only so the Yankees can show that they don't condone cheating.  Playing him makes the Yankees complicit with Arod in the cheating.

In spite of the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan, I used to have a lot of respect for the Yankee FO.  Now, not so much. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

How can the Yankees put a player on the field with a knowingly steroid enhanced body, take the benefits from that body, and turn a blind eye to it? 

ARod belongs on the bench, if only so the Yankees can show that they don't condone cheating.  Playing him makes the Yankees complicit with Arod in the cheating.

In spite of the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan, I used to have a lot of respect for the Yankee FO.  Now, not so much. 

Thhe Yankees and MLB can't do anything about this. It's dictated by the CBA that he plays while in appeal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Thhe Yankees and MLB can't do anything about this. It's dictated by the CBA that he plays while in appeal.

Sorry.  I don't buy that for an instant. 

While I confess to not having read the entire CBA I can't believe that there's any stipulation that a player has to play.  I DO believe that he has to be a part of the 25 man roster but I can't believe that there's any section that dictates how many innings he has to play defensively or how many AB's he has to get.

If he's a member of the 25 man roster he's "playing".   As I said in my prior post, he belongs on the bench.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

136,  S5 means the Yanks not physically playing Alex in the games...the CBA entitles him to be eligible to play, 5's issue is the Yanks electing to play him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

136,  S5 means the Yanks not physically playing Alex in the games...the CBA entitles him to be eligible to play, 5's issue is the Yanks electing to play him

Yeah, that's what I said - but not as well.  Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddy_Ball_Game. Show Teddy_Ball_Game's posts

I would like to know why the appeal process is taking so long? Its a joke, its been atleast three weeks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

+1  Now the frauds lawyer is ripping the Yankee organization in public.  Any self respecting Company would tell the guy to stay home or at a minimum bury him on the bench. 

I'm sure there's nothing in his contract that says he has to play or even be with the team as long as he get paid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Teddy_Ball_Game's comment:

I would like to know why the appeal process is taking so long? Its a joke, its been atleast three weeks.

http://www.sportsbusinessnews.com/content/legal-look-rods-appeal

In situations where you have a positive drug test being appealed, the appeal can be disposed of in 30 days or so. Those types of cases can be more or less straightforward. However, with A-Rod, there was no positive drug test. Rather, MLB based its suspension on volumes and volumes of documentary evidence, like text messages, emails, and testimony in the form of affidavits (or sworn statements). Before A-Rod's lawyers are ready to appear before the arbitrator, they will carefully review all the evidence and consider its reliability and truth. They will do this evidentiary piece by evidentiary piece. That takes a lot of time. So expect the appeal to be heard after the season – maybe in October or November. So later rather than sooner.

http://mlb.si.com/2013/08/16/alex-rodriguez-appeal/

The two sides have exchanged possible dates at the end of this month to begin the hearing, the sources said, though even those dates are subject to change and Horowitz’s schedule.

The Joint Drug Agreement suggests a timeline of 20 days to conduct the hearing once the appeal has been filed and a decision by the arbitrator within 25 days of the hearing’s opening. However, union executive director Michael Weiner said immediately upon the suspension that he did not expect a resolution to A-Rod’s appeal until November or December. The JDA does allow changes to the timeline in cases with “good cause” for delays.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

imo the bee in many people's bonnets is that it's been said that an appeal resolution would likely be in Nov-Dec which would get him through this season basically scot-free,coupled with the fact that virtually noone else( of the suspended) is playing...i think it's safe to say that overall we all ( yes, even SlasherTongue Outacknowledge the appeal process, but don't have to like it... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In situations where you have a positive drug test being appealed, the appeal can be disposed of in 30 days or so. Those types of cases can be more or less straightforward. However, with A-Rod, there was no positive drug test. Rather, MLB based its suspension on volumes and volumes of documentary evidence, like text messages, emails, and testimony in the form of affidavits (or sworn statements). Before A-Rod's lawyers are ready to appear before the arbitrator, they will carefully review all the evidence and consider its reliability and truth. They will do this evidentiary piece by evidentiary piece. That takes a lot of time. So expect the appeal to be heard after the season – maybe in October or November. So later rather than sooner.

The two sides have exchanged possible dates at the end of this month to begin the hearing, the sources said, though even those dates are subject to change and Horowitz’s schedule.

The Joint Drug Agreement suggests a timeline of 20 days to conduct the hearing once the appeal has been filed and a decision by the arbitrator within 25 days of the hearing’s opening. However, union executive director Michael Weiner said immediately upon the suspension that he did not expect a resolution to A-Rod’s appeal until November or December. The JDA does allow changes to the timeline in cases with “good cause” for delays.

thanks for the info Zac. I know a normal appeals process takes a maximum of 50 days for completion and was also wondering why A-roids was being dragged out. that makes a ton of sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The new salvo unleashed by a new lawyer regarding accusing the NYY of sabotaging his health via a grievance could change all that; here's guessing if this isn't dropped, then at some point they may just tell him (likely not this yr) here's your $$, now get lost.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4048

BREAKING NEWS

arod converting to judaism

thanks mef

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

imo the bee in many people's bonnets is that it's been said that an appeal resolution would likely be in Nov-Dec which would get him through this season basically scot-free,coupled with the fact that virtually noone else( of the suspended) is playing...i think it's safe to say that overall we all ( yes even SlasherTongue Outacknowledge the appeal process, but don't have to like it... 

I want to be very clear about this. I agree with Jeter completely.  The appeal process is lengthy and is going to be cumbersome but ARod is entitled to that if he so chooses.  And no I don't like it.

My two biggest issues with what's going on are that:

1) Hes being allowed to play and affect the outcome of every game he plays in, in spite of the fact that we have no indication that he's not still benefitting from the use of steriods, and

2) (and this really isn't my fight to have) given all the money he's made, does he really not have enough for an extremely opulent lifestyle now?  He could show some contrition, beg for forgiveness, walk away from the game, and salvage a shred of dignity.  Not a lot, but a shred.  Even if he wins this thing he's still going to be known as the OJ of baseball, the guilty guy who hired a high-powered lawyer and got him off. 

It would be better for him and for baseball if he'd just work out some kind of a financial settlement with the Y's while he still can and walk away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Exactly!  People seem to forget that if it weren't for Biogenisys, none of this would have come out. 

These players were not suspended because they failed a MLB drug test.  Actually, ARod and the other 12 were able to able to fool the MLB drug testing system.  MLB looks stupid in all this because their testing failed to uncover this. 

And if anyone doesn't think that ARod is still juicing, I have some beachfront land in Nebraska for sale!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

• Attorney Joseph Tacopina, A-Rod’s latest legal acquisition, alleged to The New York Times that the Yankees allowed Rodriguez to play in the 2012 postseason without telling him an MRI exam had revealed he had a torn hip labrum. “They rolled him out there like an invalid and made him look like he was finished as a ballplayer,” Tacopina told the newspaper. Tacopina’s implication was that the Yankees hoped A-Rod would become discouraged and retire, even if his poor performance hurt the team’s chances to win. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Sunday that Tacopina’s assertions are untrue.

• Tacopina also told the Times that Yankees team president Randy Levine said to Dr. Bryan Kelly, who performed Rodriguez’s offseason hip surgery, that Levine didn’t “ever want to see (Rodriguez) on the field again.” Levine denied saying that.

• Cashman told reporters that he’s not comfortable speaking with Rodriguez anymore — even while A-Rod was in the lineup, as the No. 5 batter, for the series finale against the rival Red Sox.

• ESPN reported Sunday that Rodriguez paid for an attorney to represent former Biogenesis proprietor Anthony Bosch, who is now the star witness against him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

• Attorney Joseph Tacopina, A-Rod’s latest legal acquisition, alleged to The New York Times that the Yankees allowed Rodriguez to play in the 2012 postseason without telling him an MRI exam had revealed he had a torn hip labrum. “They rolled him out there like an invalid and made him look like he was finished as a ballplayer,” Tacopina told the newspaper. Tacopina’s implication was that the Yankees hoped A-Rod would become discouraged and retire, even if his poor performance hurt the team’s chances to win. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Sunday that Tacopina’s assertions are untrue.

• Tacopina also told the Times that Yankees team president Randy Levine said to Dr. Bryan Kelly, who performed Rodriguez’s offseason hip surgery, that Levine didn’t “ever want to see (Rodriguez) on the field again.” Levine denied saying that.

• Cashman told reporters that he’s not comfortable speaking with Rodriguez anymore — even while A-Rod was in the lineup, as the No. 5 batter, for the series finale against the rival Red Sox.

• ESPN reported Sunday that Rodriguez paid for an attorney to represent former Biogenesis proprietor Anthony Bosch, who is now the star witness against him

Apparently, Matt Lauer turned the tables on one of his lawyers:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/watch_agreement_surprises_overnight_P0f7e1qkStEnVenkE9OOCJ

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/watch_agreement_surprises_overnight_P0f7e1qkStEnVenkE9OOCJ

Apparently, one dirt bag, representing another

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/alex-rodriguez-lawyer-confronted-on-today-show-about-ped-evidence-081913

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Apparently, one dirt bag, representing another

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/alex-rodriguez-lawyer-confronted-on-today-show-about-ped-evidence-081913

Thamks for the links, JB.  These are worth reading, especially if you like watching a lawyer squirm.  :-)

As someone said just recently, "These guys make me embarrassed to be a lawyer". -j Smile

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts