ARod Suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: ARod Suspension

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

How can the Yankees put a player on the field with a knowingly steroid enhanced body, take the benefits from that body, and turn a blind eye to it? 

ARod belongs on the bench, if only so the Yankees can show that they don't condone cheating.  Playing him makes the Yankees complicit with Arod in the cheating.

In spite of the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan, I used to have a lot of respect for the Yankee FO.  Now, not so much. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Put him on the bench so the sox win last night?  How can the Red Sox put Ortiz on the field when his long time trainer has been banned from MLB for dealing roids.

Like him or not, Arod is an exciting player.  If someone beamed Ortiz and later in the game Ortiz hit a homer, this city would go crazy.  Every sports station is the country talked about Arod all morning and 98.5 is still talking about it.

MLB will take its time on the appeals process because Arod sells tickets and makes people watch the game.  Arod got the loudest boos every at fenway, that in itself shows how fans pay attention to him.

Is that really the best you've got? Guilt by association?

I agreee with the rest of it though.  It IS all about the money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

I don't know if thas idea has been floated, but since he's way past his first suspension which is 50 games, why don't they start the suspension now? You know he gets at least 50 minimum. Clock starts now and when the appeal is over, add on whatever is left. Instead, he's out there's helping the Yankees win. People question Melky Cabreras contributions even though he was suspended, and how it helped the Giants. Why ARod is out there is beyond and logical comprehension. 

A-Rod knows he gone and wants to cash in before loseing out on millions that Yanks owe him . Thats why Yankees are trying hard to get this suspension going and hope fully A-Rods days are over. A-Rod is smart to keep playing and taking the money .

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

imo the bee in many people's bonnets is that it's been said that an appeal resolution would likely be in Nov-Dec which would get him through this season basically scot-free,coupled with the fact that virtually noone else( of the suspended) is playing...i think it's safe to say that overall we all ( yes, even SlasherTongue Outacknowledge the appeal process, but don't have to like it... 

TRUTH.

i agree 100% that he should be entitled to an appeal.  shoot, i am drooling over the amount of damaging information will come out from this appeal to the public.  Even if half of it is made up by A-rod, he is gonna castrate/blame/bring down with him... the entire NYY organization.  i say "appeal my brother alex". 

in the meantime, i think we can all agree (well, maybe not zac) that the NYY should bury A-rod on the bench as others have stated.  it is comical the amount of back-and-forth between arod and FO and the kid is still on the field.  he has all but pulled his pants down and mooned cashman and levine for the whole world to see.  quite a disgrace for a once upon a time buttoned up franchise.  LMAO that they dont allow a mustache/beard but will allow this dodo bird on their ballfield in their uniform. 

would love to see one of the Boss' Missives right about now....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

How can the Yankees put a player on the field with a knowingly steroid enhanced body, take the benefits from that body, and turn a blind eye to it? 

ARod belongs on the bench, if only so the Yankees can show that they don't condone cheating.  Playing him makes the Yankees complicit with Arod in the cheating.

In spite of the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan, I used to have a lot of respect for the Yankee FO.  Now, not so much. 

Put him on the bench so the sox win last night?  How can the Red Sox put Ortiz on the field when his long time trainer has been banned from MLB for dealing roids.

Like him or not, Arod is an exciting player.  If someone beamed Ortiz and later in the game Ortiz hit a homer, this city would go crazy.  Every sports station is the country talked about Arod all morning and 98.5 is still talking about it.

MLB will take its time on the appeals process because Arod sells tickets and makes people watch the game.  Arod got the loudest boos every at fenway, that in itself shows how fans pay attention to him.

If you ever lived in a neighboorhood with a neighbor who deals, you automatically assume everyone going into the house is only going there for one reason.  If you don't then you must be the biggest liberal in Massachusetts.

deals? you mean like blackjack?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

yes, like in black jack.  I think only Boston fans think they should bury arod on the bench.  I am sure all Yankee fans are happy to have him as of today.   I know at least one Yankee fan who was hoping Arod was going away but loves the guy this morning.

as a NY'er with plenty of friends who are yankee fans i stongly disagree. Most if not all true baseball people believe this guy is a disgrace to the game and has no business being on the field. Most yankee fans i talk to have the same general approach to the matter. They would rather be in last place with him not on the field than have him continue to make a mockery of their uniform and ball club. And frankly, i agree. If the sox were in the same boat i would be clamoring for said player to be buried on the bench. Especially if that player was publicly taking shots at the FO every chance he got.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

I agree that the Yankees would have shown a lot of class by refusing to play him. But in all honesty, I think every other team (including ours) would have done the same thing the Yankees did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

I agree that the Yankees would have shown a lot of class by refusing to play him. But in all honesty, I think every other team (including ours) would have done the same thing the Yankees did.

If so, I'd have a really tough time watching the games.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

I'd be VERY diappointed in the FO if that were the case.  There's just no way I could feel good about winning that way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

yes, like in black jack.  I think only Boston fans think they should bury arod on the bench.  I am sure all Yankee fans are happy to have him as of today.   I know at least one Yankee fan who was hoping Arod was going away but loves the guy this morning.

as a NY'er with plenty of friends who are yankee fans i stongly disagree. Most if not all true baseball people believe this guy is a disgrace to the game and has no business being on the field. Most yankee fans i talk to have the same general approach to the matter. They would rather be in last place with him not on the field than have him continue to make a mockery of their uniform and ball club. And frankly, i agree. If the sox were in the same boat i would be clamoring for said player to be buried on the bench. Especially if that player was publicly taking shots at the FO every chance he got.

OK, I have typed things here and when I read them thought, what was I thinking.  There is no way a yankee fan would rather be in last place.  Ratings in NY are up since he has been back and last night's game did very well and again, is all people are talking about.

If the Yankees start to get closer to first, those same Yankee fans will deny that they ever disliked Arod.

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

imo the bee in many people's bonnets is that it's been said that an appeal resolution would likely be in Nov-Dec which would get him through this season basically scot-free,coupled with the fact that virtually noone else( of the suspended) is playing...i think it's safe to say that overall we all ( yes, even SlasherTongue Outacknowledge the appeal process, but don't have to like it... 

TRUTH.

i agree 100% that he should be entitled to an appeal.  shoot, i am drooling over the amount of damaging information will come out from this appeal to the public.  Even if half of it is made up by A-rod, he is gonna castrate/blame/bring down with him... the entire NYY organization.  i say "appeal my brother alex". 

in the meantime, i think we can all agree (well, maybe not zac) that the NYY should bury A-rod on the bench as others have stated.  it is comical the amount of back-and-forth between arod and FO and the kid is still on the field.  he has all but pulled his pants down and mooned cashman and levine for the whole world to see.  quite a disgrace for a once upon a time buttoned up franchise.  LMAO that they dont allow a mustache/beard but will allow this dodo bird on their ballfield in their uniform. 

I totally agree he deserves his appeal. Although, say somehow, the Red Sox finish one game or tied behind the Yankees come end of season. Did ARod have a direct impact in winning the game last night? Yes. Kirk Gibson is pissed at Baun for his post season back in '11. If I were the Red Sox, Rays or Orioles, I'd play every game against the Yankees in protest. ARod was directly responsible for 2 runs last night. Maybe arguably 3. Appeals, etc, are all fine. They eant tomdraf their feet, fine. However, in this era with all the suspicions and the want to have clean play, any Yankees win with ARod in the lineup should be invalidated. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

TRUTH.

I totally agree he deserves his appeal. Although, say somehow, the Red Sox finish one game or tied behind the Yankees come end of season. Did ARod have a direct impact in winning the game last night? Yes. Kirk Gibson is pissed at Baun for his post season back in '11. If I were the Red Sox, Rays or Orioles, I'd play every game against the Yankees in protest. ARod was directly responsible for 2 runs last night. Maybe arguably 3. Appeals, etc, are all fine. They eant tomdraf their feet, fine. However, in this era with all the suspicions and the want to have clean play, any Yankees win with ARod in the lineup should be invalidated. 

I hadn't thought of that, but I couldn't agree more.  The protests wouldn't accomplish much but at least they'd let MLB what the other teams think of what's happening.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

TRUTH.

I was thinking the same thing about the one game, but in the sense that dempster provided the fuel which inspired arod to hit a homer.

Players on the sox also agreed to the cb which allows an appeal.  Lackey has played with relief pitchers who used roids, so he really should shut his lip.

Arod is playing and probably getting tested every game.  It goes to show that these guys on roids can often play clean.

Eh, maybe it fueled ARod. And the speculation that Dempster plunked him based on some thing years prior? I dunno. Had he not been in the lineup like he should not have been, Dempster would not have plunked him because he would not have been in the lineup period. 

With ARod it's the whole situation. The PED use, the covering up, the selling out of other users(allegedly) that really grinds on the players, Lackey as well. It's such a huge stain, they should boot him for life, and reinstate Pete Rose in the same press conference. Throw in Shoeless Joe as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from frmunda43. Show frmunda43's posts

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

TRUTH.

Agreed, ARod is loathsome. However,  there were those unhappy with the prospect of ARod suspended because the NYY wouldn't have to pay him for the duration of the suspension. Now it's the opposite. Due to the CBA, you can't have it both ways. And while not right, technically his suspension and basis is not final until the appeal is resolved. Why it's taking so long, however, is typical of MLB. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Pretty much, guilt by association, now I hear Ortiz was out to dinner with Arod over the weekend.  The whole city hates Aroid for again getting caught with roids and Ortiz is eager to break bread with him.

i GUESS YOU MISSED THIS JACK http://nesn.com/2013/08/alex-rodriguez-says-he-wants-to-seek-out-jonny-gomes-dustin-pedroia-david-ortiz-to-talk-about-accusations/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

TRUTH.

I was thinking the same thing about the one game, but in the sense that dempster provided the fuel which inspired arod to hit a homer.

Players on the sox also agreed to the cb which allows an appeal.  Lackey has played with relief pitchers who used roids, so he really should shut his lip.

Arod is playing and probably getting tested every game.  It goes to show that these guys on roids can often play clean.

Eh, maybe it fueled ARod. And the speculation that Dempster plunked him based on some thing years prior? I dunno. Had he not been in the lineup like he should not have been, Dempster would not have plunked him because he would not have been in the lineup period. 

With ARod it's the whole situation. The PED use, the covering up, the selling out of other users(allegedly) that really grinds on the players, Lackey as well. It's such a huge stain, they should boot him for life, and reinstate Pete Rose in the same press conference. Throw in Shoeless Joe as well.

by cb rules he had every right to be in the line up.  We can discuss roids all day long and if we do Manny's name and 04 and 07 will come up in every discussion.

which is why i said it's his right, but that doesn't mean we have to like it...now i can't help but think all of this full season suspension talk will wind up out the window..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FE-517. Show FE-517's posts

Lots of short memories here.

Can't remember when your team signed Gagne and ran him out there despite plenty of evidence that he was a juicer? 

Oh, and let's not forget about Papi's "vitamins and supplements". He claimed he was just careless.

Yuh-huh.

Sections
Shortcuts