ARod to Mariners?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

ARod to Mariners?

It could be just the start of many rumors with the Yanks looking to dump ARod on the Marlins.  Maybe go after Hamilton? or just that "a rumor" that Cashman is apparently denying.   

Apparenty the story broke on rotowire in which I don't subscribe, so sorry I can't supply a link, maybe another fan can.  I read it in the "note" under todays box score on Fox sports

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: ARod to Mariners?

Yeah, this came out last night too. Cashman always denies the rumors, all the more reasn to suspect him of the unmentionable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, this came out last night too. Cashman always denies the rumors, all the more reasn to suspect him of the unmentionable.

[/QUOTE]

I can see the Yankees trying to pull off a similar trick as the Sox to dump salary.  I think ARod is done in NY and I'm probably speaking for a lot of their fans and players when I say its about time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

most credible story(rumor) was on NESN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I believe the tag line to this thread should refer to the Miami Marlins, not the Seattle Mariners.

Seattle would be an unlikely landing spot for Rodriguez, who left the Mariners in part because the difficulties hitting in the then-new Safeco Field and who has a full no-trade clause.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe the tag line to this thread should refer to the Miami Marlins, not the Seattle Mariners.

Seattle would be an unlikely landing spot for Rodriguez, who left the Mariners in part because the difficulties hitting in the then-new Safeco Field and who has a full no-trade clause.

[/QUOTE]

The thread did read the Marlins hill, my bad on the header.  You never know what teams are thinking and the Mariners have something the Yanks need desperately, like the Sox, some very strong young and veteran pitching.  At the same time the Mariners could use a CF like Gardner thrown into any possible deal.

Anything is possible!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The thread did read the Marlins hill, my bad on the header.  You never know what teams are thinking and the Mariners have something the Yanks need desperately, like the Sox, some very strong young and veteran pitching.  At the same time the Mariners could use a CF like Gardner thrown into any possible deal.

Anything is possible!

[/QUOTE]

You can edit your header craze, if its one you started. Just edit post on your OP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anything is possible!

[/QUOTE]

You can edit your header craze, if its one you started. Just edit post on your OP.

[/QUOTE]

I tried examiner thanks, for some reason its not saving the change.  No big deal but I appreciate it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll be very surprised if arod goes anywhere

but let's say he does

what will that do to ortiz's paycheck

[/QUOTE]

Who knows?!?  David Ortiz might pull a Johnny Damon and sign with the Yankees.  When it comes to free agency, nothing surprises me anymore. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll be very surprised if arod goes anywhere

but let's say he does

what will that do to ortiz's paycheck

[/QUOTE]

Id say 12MM per for a year or 2 for Ortiz, who was still producing at a very high level before the heel thing, is no comaprison to A-Rod whos going to average approx 23mm per for the next 5 years and seems to be declining.

Now Papi could be signed and fall off a cliff as well. But the 2 years would only cost what NYY would pay for one year of A-Rod...

Am I understanding your question zac?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Mariners getting rid of Ichiro , makes me think they want to get younger. Don't think they would have any interest in A-Rod , even if the Yankees ate much of the salary.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

not really 777

I was just having fun by

asking if this gives ortiz a better bargaining position

seein how the yanks were always out of play

mostly do to their need to keep the DH spot open 4 arod

[/QUOTE]

and a Papi to the NYY move...That could be a real possibility if A-Rod goes as well...

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Texas Rangers: "We will give you a 10-year, $252 million contract."

Scott Boras: "Take it A-Rod."

A-Rod: "Seattle Mariners, SAYONARA!!!"  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If the Yankees want Ortiz let them have him. If the Sox make some very smart moves this offseason they will quickly forget DO. Ortiz would be a great community asset in the community but if he wants 2 years total $25-30 M--i say seeyah.

The Yankees will have several position players that will need days off and will be cycled through the DH: Jeter, Teix, Swisher, Ichiro, Chavez, Andru, Ibanez and Martin. If ARod remains he will need time. Granted not all these names will be in the Bronx next season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

not really 777

I was just having fun by

asking if this gives ortiz a better bargaining position

seein how the yanks were always out of play

mostly do to their need to keep the DH spot open 4 arod

[/QUOTE] 

It's a lot more than having fun. It's a real possibility.

David hits both righties and lefties and if the Yanks can find a way to dump existing salary it could lead to a change of uniform.

That would not make me very happy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Yankees will meet up with Ortiz and his agent.  The Yankees will at least drive up the asking price.  

I would not be surprised if Ortiz signs with the Yankees.  Free agency does not surprise me anymore.  Just ask Johnny *&$%^# Damon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Yankees want Ortiz let them have him. If the Sox make some very smart moves this offseason they will quickly forget DO. Ortiz would be a great community asset in the community but if he wants 2 years total $25-30 M--i say seeyah.

The Yankees will have several position players that will need days off and will be cycled through the DH: Jeter, Teix, Swisher, Ichiro, Chavez, Andru, Ibanez and Martin. If ARod remains he will need time. Granted not all these names will be in the Bronx next season.

[/QUOTE]

Ichiro, Andru, Chavez and Ibanez are all FA and PT players anyway. Martin is also a FA. Papi would rake in NY and they know this...Teix doesnt need many days off and if Jeter is healthy he wont either. Id worry about Papi going there, especially if A-Rod leaves.

Dont think for a minute that papi wouldnt come back to haunt us if he goes to NYY...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would be happy to have Ichiro play RF for the Sox and Chavez as a lefthanded DH. They could "rake"  for the Sox. I don't doubt Ortiz would have some big hits against the Sox. Who cares--at some point you have to cut the cord--JH and LL will not let Ortiz walk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

God i hope he stays with the yankees.  i am looking forward to watching this albatross in pinstripes for another 5 years.  hopefully team collusion happens in full force and they all stick it to the yankees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

God i hope he stays with the yankees.  i am looking forward to watching this albatross in pinstripes for another 5 years.  hopefully team collusion happens in full force and they all stick it to the yankees.

[/QUOTE]

Even if he does leave slasher, the NYY will be paying the majority of his salary...

Sections
Shortcuts