Arod,Braun suspensions coming after All Star break

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Arod,Braun suspensions coming after All Star break

Here's a link to read the full article.From yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-rodriguez-braun-suspensions-coming-222022284--mlb.html

Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan BraunNew York Yankeesthird baseman Alex Rodriguez and as many as 20 others players at the center of Major League Baseball's investigation into the use of performance enhancing drugs are expected to be suspended next week, according to ESPN's Outside the Lines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Arod,Braun suspensions coming after All Star break

The fact that they are holding this until after shows:

No AS are on the list

They do not want the posted list being a distraction

Nor do they wish to lose any money

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

No AS are on the list

-- I hope you're right about this, but if you are I'm going to be worried about the validity of the list.  Is it possible that NO Top-Shelf players have tested positive for PED's? 

I see this as being the real reason for holding off on the suspensions.  The Commish is good at publicising the game and keep the focus where it belongs.  Remember the ARod dust-up a couple of years ago around the WS?  In spite of the directive from MLB that all announcements be held off until after the WS?  (and as an aside, it it just me, or is it true that every time an issue comes up ARod's name is somehow attached to it?) 

Well, DUH!!  Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/biogenesis-ped-scandal-possible-suspensions-could-make-second-half-messy-ryan-braun-alex-rodriguez-jhonny-peralta-070913

A piece of MLB commissioner Bud Selig’s legacy is at stake, to say nothing of the reputations of players linked to the probe in media reports. Four of them — Bartolo Colon, Jhonny Peralta, Nelson Cruz and Everth Cabrera — were just named to All-Star teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to wonder if there will be any surprise names on the final list.

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/biogenesis-ped-scandal-possible-suspensions-could-make-second-half-messy-ryan-braun-alex-rodriguez-jhonny-peralta-070913

A piece of MLB commissioner Bud Selig’s legacy is at stake, to say nothing of the reputations of players linked to the probe in media reports. Four of them — Bartolo Colon, Jhonny Peralta, Nelson Cruz and Everth Cabrera — were just named to All-Star teams.

To me, Selig proved he had no spine by not throwing out the HR records; if only the NCAA was in charge.

On another note, expect lengthy litigation; especially if the arbitrator rules in favor of MLB. Of course, few shall believe their innocence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to S5's comment:

No AS are on the list

-- I hope you're right about this, but if you are I'm going to be worried about the validity of the list.  Is it possible that NO Top-Shelf players have tested positive for PED's? 

I see this as being the real reason for holding off on the suspensions.  The Commish is good at publicising the game and keep the focus where it belongs.  Remember the ARod dust-up a couple of years ago around the WS?  In spite of the directive from MLB that all announcements be held off until after the WS?  (and as an aside, it it just me, or is it true that every time an issue comes up ARod's name is somehow attached to it?) 

Well, DUH!!  Laughing

I agree S5

I hope jims right too but

I'm afraid it's wishful thinking that's the case

tacky, ugly and embarrassing that they will be able to play

but very understandable how the distraction would ruin

the great celebration of the game of baseball

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

shocked there is a yankee on the list.  that's weird.

<sarc>

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

YAY Justice!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

shocked there is a yankee on the list.  that's weird.

<sarc>

some of the best players in mlb have been found to be users

the yankees are known for continually adding some of the best players in mlb

so yeah nothing shocking about them having players later found to be users

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

No AS are on the list

I will add that if there are any AS on the list, this is what will blow Selig's legacy and hurt baseball for the rest of the year. If he held the list till after the AS game and there are guys on the list in the AS game he has lost any and all believability in regards to that all he does is about protecting MLB. It will also tarnish the rest of the year far more. His protecting the AS game and allowing AS on the list to play will over shadow the rest of the year.

This list reveal will be in the news every day and may even alter penant races.

How will the potential loss of Peralta hurt the Tigers and Cruz hurt the Rangers???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good. Never liked either one of 'em.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm more concerned about the pennant races than the All-Star game. 

MLB has known the names of the people they intend to suspend and how long each was going to be suspended for more than a month.  I know there are i's to dot and t's to cross before they can make a real move, but.... a month??  And now they say they have all their little duckies in a row and are going to make their move - just as soon as the AS game is over.  Huh?

If any of these players have played in any games just their mere presence means they may have affected the outcome of those games.  With tight pennant races in nearly every division and playoff berths often decided by a game or two, it's not at all a stretch to think that delaying the suspensions has affected the outcome of the races.

And why?  For the semi-important All-Star game?

Sorry, Bud, but you've really blown this one.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No AS are on the list

I will add that if there are any AS on the list, this is what will blow Selig's legacy and hurt baseball for the rest of the year. If he held the list till after the AS game and there are guys on the list in the AS game he has lost any and all believability in regards to that all he does is about protecting MLB. It will also tarnish the rest of the year far more. His protecting the AS game and allowing AS on the list to play will over shadow the rest of the year.

How will the potential loss of Peralta hurt the Tigers and Cruz hurt the Rangers???

With the appeals process and then expected litigation, this would not be an issue until at least next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

No AS are on the list

With the appeals process and then expected litigation, this would not be an issue until at least next year.

[/QUOTE]

Or the next 5 years, these things do drag on.  Has good old roger been held accountable yet?