article: Valentine Seemed Relieved

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

article: Valentine Seemed Relieved

ALONG WITH THOUSANDS OF RED SOX FANS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: article: Valentine Seemed Relieved

he won 69 games...did he really think he should return?  plus he gets a kiss in the mail for oing nothing now....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I heard from pretty reliable sources that if the front office did want V back, if the entire staff was not fired, he would have resigned. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I heard from pretty reliable sources that if the front office did want V back, if the entire staff was not fired, he would have resigned. 

I checked with a reliable source and was told that your source is full of crap

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have it from absolutely no authority ... but if Bobby had stayed and the other coaches had too., there would be a short conversation at the end of a knotted rope ..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Time to move on.  Most of his most ardent fans have let go, time to focus on 2013.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Valetine had to go (should have been done in June) and he knew it.  Of course, he was relieved.

There were many things happening this year, but he and his mouth caused many of them to either get started or intensify along the way.  He showed me nothing all year long and I really was disappointed that the ownership let him stay all season when it was clear that he had already failed miserably by June.   I still cannot understand why they literally wasted the second half of the season for the team and the fans because they would not admit (still won't) that hiring this guy was a mistake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

It will be very interesting to see what he has to say after he gets his last check next year about what happened this year.

Also, very interesting to know that he has a "gag" rule in place for all of next year (agreed to last December) if he wants to get paid for next year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momonty. Show momonty's posts

In response to pike's comment:

Not what I heard. It was written into his contract that he cannot bad mouth the organization for the duration of the contract in the event that he is fired. This was in  a Globe article during the last week.

If he is under a gag order then the entire organization should be also.  No more expose' articles from Passan or smear campaigns a la Tito.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts