As a HUGE JBJ fan, I must admit that it's getting close to that time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

As a HUGE JBJ fan, I must admit that it's getting close to that time?

To admit that those who were saying he should not be brought up to start out the year with the big club, may have been right???  Sure!  It's still a small sample, but teams have certainly done their scouting.  He can't seem to get on the high inside cheese, and that inside slider & curveball have him flailing.  He looks lost at the plate.  Tough start!  Let's hope he gets it rolling. 

The good news?  I still love Nava! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: As a HUGE JBJ fan, I must admit that it's getting close to that time?

you're right. plus he's been sloppy in the field. when papi gets back he will go to AAA. nothing wrong with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The guy hit 270 in  half a season in AA last year.

It was odd that people expected him to hit well because he had a good ST. I honestly couldn't even believe it.

He is and will be a good player, but the way people were acting around him this Spring was hilarious.

He needs more time, whether it be in AAA or the big leagues before he will be a star, if he ever will be.  Way too soon to tell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He will has to go down but he will have probably one more week in the bigs to find himself. He just doesn't look very good.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bradley looks terrible! My hope is that he makes it back to the majors and does as well as Mike Aviles. S. Drew looks great, and so does Gomes and Nava. Since going to Gomes and Nava, the team is starting to win more games. 8 MLB games shows how spring training is meaningless. After 8 games, it's clear Bradley isn't MLB material. He's overmatched, even though he's hitting at the bottom of the lineup. Very costly to use him instead of Nava and Gomes, earlier in the season.

Can't you admit he is struggling without making a fool of yourself?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bradley looks terrible! My hope is that he makes it back to the majors and does as well as Mike Aviles. S. Drew looks great, and so does Gomes and Nava. Since going to Gomes and Nava, the team is starting to win more games. 8 MLB games shows how spring training is meaningless. After 8 games, it's clear Bradley isn't MLB material. He's overmatched, even though he's hitting at the bottom of the lineup. Very costly to use him instead of Nava and Gomes, earlier in the season.

Softy, your sarcasm is getting old. Sorry. Just keeping it real.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's a solid young prospect but right now he's completely over matched at the plate 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Softy, your sarcasm is getting old. Sorry. Just keeping it real.

+1

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Soon, we will hear how Stiffy was telling us all that JBJ was not ready before the season even began.  How he strongly advocated that he should not be brought up.

As for Nava, the guy has so clearly pulled far more than his weight.  Single handedly winning at least one game for the Sox, and contributing to 2 others.  Of course, with Stiffy, his non sequiturs are so random, that it is virtually impossible to discern any coherent point.  He might be slightly interesting if he were being purposefully obsequious, as we might be able to intuit some semblance of irony.  Instead, he's unintelligible, and unintentionally obnoxious to boot.

You have to hand it to Stiffy, as these are very rare qualities in the literate world.  You can't fake this type of incoherence.  :)  This is an inate gift.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Can't you admit he is struggling without making a fool of yourself?"

not a chance. Softy is never wrong, just three turns ahead of you. If you don't look back you don't see the carnage. 

"He is and will be a good player, but the way people were acting around him this Spring was hilarious."

I have to admit I'm really struggling right now. Bill 806 convinced me that JBJ was Willie Mays, you know, five tool player and all that. 

Hey, JBJ knows how to take a walk with the best of them, we still have that. 

Dad?

Daaaaaaaaad?!!!???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Stiffed!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It was odd that people expected him to hit well because he had a good ST. I honestly couldn't even believe it.

He is and will be a good player, but the way people were acting around him this Spring was hilarious.

He needs more time, whether it be in AAA or the big leagues before he will be a star, if he ever will be.  Way too soon to tell.

Of all the nonsense around here.....small sample sizes, batting averages, pitching "wins", RBIs, Runs..... reliance on spring training performance is the most absurd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Iglesias seized the opportunity to show that he belongs on the major league team right now. Bradley, with the exception of the first game or two maybe, really has not. That's not a knock on him...I love me some JBJ and he is the real deal, but the fact that he's going through some struggles after making the jump from a half season of Double-A to the majors should surprise no one.

In any case, all of the spring training hysteria over Bradley potentially being sent down - "This is just like the Stephen Strasburg decision!" "If Giancarlo Stanton can do it, he can do it!" "Send Bradley to Pawtucket and you're giving the fans the finger/throwing in the towel on the season/etc" - looks even more ridiculous now than it already did. If you're one of the ones who thought Bradley spending 9 games in Pawtucket in the first two weeks of April would be apocalyptic, then you'd better brace yourself, because it looks like he'll be going down for 20+ games at least when Papi is activated anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It's beyond close to that time. It IS that time. 

JBJ has been scouted and his Achilles' heel (with all respect to Papi) has been discovered.  It's the hole in his swing at the low and inside pitch.  That's all he's seeing and that's all he's going to see until he proves he can hit it.

Fenway isn't the place to prove it.  Pawtucktet is.  He NEEDS to go down and work on that part of his game until he masters it, then he'll be back. 

In the meantime Daniel Nava should be made a gift of left field until JBJ comes back,  My guess is that it'll take 20+ days. When that happens Nava becomes the 4th OF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Napoli is driving the ball well. I expected him to struggle, but he hasn't. After 8 games, Gomes and Nava are part of one of the best lineups in all of MLB. Since they went to S. Drew and Nava and Gomes, this team is showing it can't slug it's way to more wins with that kind of MLB top level hitting.

Once Ortiz returns, this team is going to start winning an ever higher percentage of games.

Thanks for all your insight and keeping things on topic. Great post on Bradley.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Now rather than the team losing games with Lester/Buch pitching 8-7 we will lose them 3-1.

The reason managment went with S. Drew was to get the slugging at SS, like tonight. When the pitching is good enought to game the team in the game. S. Drew is the difference maker.

I like how this team will look, once Bradley joings Iglesias for critical minor league ball remedial work. With Ortiz and S. Drew, this team will be one of the most feared lineups in all of baseball. You have a superstart in Ellsbury, the 2011 AL MVP, and you have Pedroia, former AL MPV, then you have Shane, an All-Star, and Ortiz, the best hitter in all of MLB, last year. You have Napoli, who is probably the greatest right handed slugger v LP in history, and you have the young and 3 HR in one game talent in Middlebrooks. You follow that up with Salty, who hit over 20 HR's last year, and then you have the best LF combination in all of MLB in Nava and Gomes. You top that off with All-Star SS S. Drew, and you have a lineup that intimidates other teams.

The best part is how well these guys love each other, in the clubhouse. S. Drew gave them a huge lift, and Ortiz will increase the winning % even more!

I'm excited how the fans love and embrace S. Drew and the new energy Red Sox.

Drew got on base 3 times last night and was the only one with a hit in the 9th inning...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Now rather than the team losing games with Lester/Buch pitching 8-7 we will lose them 3-1.

The reason managment went with S. Drew was to get the slugging at SS, like tonight. When the pitching is good enought to game the team in the game. S. Drew is the difference maker.

I like how this team will look, once Bradley joings Iglesias for critical minor league ball remedial work. With Ortiz and S. Drew, this team will be one of the most feared lineups in all of baseball. You have a superstart in Ellsbury, the 2011 AL MVP, and you have Pedroia, former AL MPV, then you have Shane, an All-Star, and Ortiz, the best hitter in all of MLB, last year. You have Napoli, who is probably the greatest right handed slugger v LP in history, and you have the young and 3 HR in one game talent in Middlebrooks. You follow that up with Salty, who hit over 20 HR's last year, and then you have the best LF combination in all of MLB in Nava and Gomes. You top that off with All-Star SS S. Drew, and you have a lineup that intimidates other teams.

The best part is how well these guys love each other, in the clubhouse. S. Drew gave them a huge lift, and Ortiz will increase the winning % even more!

Drew got on base 3 times last night and was the only one with a hit in the 9th inning...

Drew also has nothing to do with Bradley.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Drew also has nothing to do with Bradley.

exactly. But I thought Id just throw some more facts his way..he hates those pesky things.