1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As CONSTRUCTED, cracks are showing in the 12-7 FOUNDATION............

Cracks or CONCERNS..........   Catcher, SS, LF, DH, 4- 5 pitchers,  Bullpen..........  Great start, howevaa you can see where the concerns are........ Not to mention, Middlebrooks slump !!      What say you, all you wise baseball people ?????

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: As CONSTRUCTED, cracks are showing in the 12-7 FOUNDATION............

Wow, a team picked fifth in a five-team division has cracks? Who knew?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

My CONCERN at this juncture is enjoying the good baseball I am watching and not getting caught up in nitpicking and casting clouds over everything.  What a drag.  If I realized half way through a season that I had wasted the previous months stewing in criticism and fretting over possible concerns, I would be so upset with myself for having, unprovoked, turned a past time I love into a constant study in fear and loathing.  Why squeeze the joy out of one of the purely joyful things in life?  

Baseball has a way of bringing about misery without having to stew in it:  case in point, 2012 Red Sox.  No need to force it.

Not to say there are no stress points with this club.  of course there are.  Unlike you, however, I do not want to spend all day harping on them.  

What a miserable waste of time.  I will leave that 'fun' to yourself and Softy, ADG et al.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

the home record has me worried.  last year it was abysmal.  it needs to be better this year and losing 2 out of 3 to the Royals doesnt bode well.  yes, it is early.  but it can get late early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

the home record has me worried.  last year it was abysmal.  it needs to be better this year and losing 2 out of 3 to the Royals doesnt bode well.  yes, it is early.  but it can get late early.

The royals arent the team they used to be. They will give teams fits this year. We just won 7 in a row and lost 2. No biggie. every team has flaws. Werent the Blue Jays supposed to be in 1st place? You, softy, Lssiter, geo and all the other whine bag trolls can wast your time worrying all day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Cracks or CONCERNS..........   Catcher, SS, LF, DH, 4- 5 pitchers,  Bullpen..........  Great start, howevaa you can see where the concerns are........ Not to mention, Middlebrooks slump !!      What say you, all you wise baseball people ?????

An example of another pointless thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Why do you root so hard for this team to fail bill? Are you a sox fan at all? I'm seriously starting to question that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

With all of those cracks it is amazing that we aren't 7-12. 

Serious you just need to relax. The only concern I have of all those listed is SS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Well, it's a good thing we're 12-6 then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The team had a 48 yr low last season and came out of the gate, even with the double-dip loss, at 12-6. There should be few complaints. The SP has been unexpectedly spectacular, setting a record for consecutive games surrendering 3 runs or less, with Fenway as a home park to boot. Fickle stuff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Congratulations my good friend Bill-806 on this excellent thread. Your shrewd analysis of your Red Sox is spot on. Your GM has sold Red Sox fans a bridge to nowhere. By signing has-been free agents whose best years are just a memory, he has placed the Sox future in jeopardy. The Sox offense, with half the lineup with anemic batting averages, is just a shadow of the potent offenses displayed in the 1st decade of the 21st century. And moreover, he has saddled the team with a rotation that can not propel this team to the playoffs. GM Ben’s big signing in the off season was a mid-30s NL bottom of the rotation finesse pitcher who failed in his short time in Texas. Furthermore, Dubront can’t get past the 5th inning because of control issues and Lackey is a total mystery. Ben has put together a team unworthy of the loyal die-hard Red Sox loyalists.

The NYY version of smiley-beni

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Congratulations my good friend Bill-806 on this excellent thread. Your shrewd analysis of your Red Sox is spot on. Your GM has sold Red Sox fans a bridge to nowhere. By signing has-been free agents whose best years are just a memory, he has placed the Sox future in jeopardy. The Sox offense, with half the lineup with anemic batting averages, is just a shadow of the potent offenses displayed in the 1st decade of the 21st century. And moreover, he has saddled the team with a rotation that can not propel this team to the playoffs. GM Ben’s big signing in the off season was a mid-30s NL bottom of the rotation finesse pitcher who failed in his short time in Texas. Furthermore, Dubront can’t get past the 5th inning because of control issues and Lackey is a total mystery. Ben has put together a team unworthy of the loyal die-hard Red Sox loyalists.

When is Jeter coming back?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Wow, Bill, your newest ally is Fake Frank.  How far you have come.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Although I'm a NYY fan, good one

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Although I'm a NYY fan, good one

I don't like bashing the Yankees for the hell it but he is a turd.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

LF Bill? Where is your Nava love?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

LF Bill? Where is your Nava love?

No kidding. Isn't he the blue-collar, gritty, hustle player that Bill supposedly wants in the lineup?

Just wonderin'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Why do you root so hard for this team to fail bill? Are you a sox fan at all? I'm seriously starting to question that.

Yes, I am a SOX fan, a big Sox fan.......  Just seeing things as I see them and being proactive in things that Ben has to be aware of !!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Yes, I am a SOX fan, a big Sox fan.......  Just seeing things as I see them and being proactive in things that Ben has to be aware of !!!!

Keep telling yourself that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

He is NOT a sox fan and does NOT watch the games !!!!!! In my opinion that is FACT !!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts