1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: As CONSTRUCTED, cracks are showing in the 12-7 FOUNDATION............

In response to rsinsider's comment:

He is NOT a sox fan and does NOT watch the games !!!!!! In my opinion that is FACT !!!

I like what you did here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Congratulations my good friend Bill-806 on this excellent thread. Your shrewd analysis of your Red Sox is spot on. Your GM has sold Red Sox fans a bridge to nowhere. By signing has-been free agents whose best years are just a memory, he has placed the Sox future in jeopardy. The Sox offense, with half the lineup with anemic batting averages, is just a shadow of the potent offenses displayed in the 1st decade of the 21st century. And moreover, he has saddled the team with a rotation that can not propel this team to the playoffs. GM Ben’s big signing in the off season was a mid-30s NL bottom of the rotation finesse pitcher who failed in his short time in Texas. Furthermore, Dubront can’t get past the 5th inning because of control issues and Lackey is a total mystery. Ben has put together a team unworthy of the loyal die-hard Red Sox loyalists.

Great Bill, look who your best buddy is!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hey remember that time that Bill wasn't complaining/worried about the team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Cracks???  Right now we are witnessing the miracle of Fatima or Lourdes or someplace.  Apparently, Bill-806 skipped the entire second half of the 2012 season and doesn't know the Sox going into 2013 were supposed to be one of the worst teams in MLB. 

Unlike past teams, this one right now depends on great pitching, and yesterday it broke down over the last three innings or the Sox would have taken 2 of 3 from KC. 

Yes, Middlebrooks and Drew are struggling at the plate.  Salty can't throw anyone out.  Gomes doesn't look like much in LF.  Doubront is something of a question mark.  Victorino has an abysmal slugging percentage and Ellsbury a low OBP. 

But the guys are scoring runs, the bullpen has been pretty decent, and the starters are clearly being coached by little Miss Annie Sullivan (the miracle worker).  The defense overall has been superb, including Drew at SS.  I think Middlebrooks, Drew, and Ellsbury (who already leads the team in hits and is 2d in total bases) will get better at the plate.  Maybe Salty too. 

But right now it's hard not to be a happy camper.

Unless, of course, you are Bill-806, who beyond a doubt is not a Red Sox fan.  Ditto softlaw. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

It actually existed.  3 years back or so, Bill was overwhelmingly positive, and in this state his aw shucks befuddlement was quite endearing (to me anyway).  Don't know what turned him, maybe Chickengate, dunno.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Actually ... no. Hells bells, 12-6 is beyond my wildest dreams for this team. Compared to my pre-season expectations, I'm seeing a lot more positives than negatives.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Cracks or CONCERNS..........   Catcher, SS, LF, DH, 4- 5 pitchers,  Bullpen..........  Great start, howevaa you can see where the concerns are........ Not to mention, Middlebrooks slump !!      What say you, all you wise baseball people ?????

Well Bill it appears you are not be satisfied unless the Sox field the American League All Star team as it's line-up:

Catcher - What the heck are you looking for from this position...Salty and Ross are fine to man this spot on the roster...don't get hung up on Salty's SO ratio...he makes it up with the long ball.  Don't get hung up on the pitch calling either...this ability is dicatated by the effectiveness of the pitcher.

SS - Drew has started slow but is a proven MBL player when healthy...he'll warm up as the weather warms up...if not warm by July than you can resume your Iggy crusade and begin complaining about him when he gets the job and can't hit himself out of a paper bag.

LF - Nava/Gomes - Nava has been remarkable so far and you are looking to replace him?? Gomes may not hit .300 but when he gets on base he is one of the best runners in baseball when it comes to reading the play and getting the extra base.

DH - I love this one....this one must be about Big Papi dropping the F-bomb...the guy just gets back in the line-up, has collected a bunch of hits, although no HRs yet...this must be your complaint too...New DH that doesn't spew F-Bombs and hits HRs 3 out of every 10 ABs.

4-5 Pitchers - So the Sox have to go out and get Clayton Kershaw and Matt Cain to fill their rotation so that Buchholz and Dempster can be the #4 and 5 starters...Doubront and Lackey (when he returns) just don't cut that all-star caliber team requirement.

Bullpen - Now the bullpen needs an overhaul too...couple of blown saves, Uehara gives up a dinger and it's time to clean house...We need a bullpen full  of Mariano Rivera's, Jim Johnson's and Greg Kimbrels.

OK Ben Cherington...Billy boy, the self-proclaimed #1 poster on the BDC Red Sox message board is calling you out. Now go build us that All-Star team now Cherry! Oh yeah, don't forget to satisfy his buddy Softy by trading away Ellsbury while you are at it...Although that would add CF to Billy's list of cracks in the foundation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

the home record has me worried.  last year it was abysmal.  it needs to be better this year and losing 2 out of 3 to the Royals doesnt bode well.  yes, it is early.  but it can get late early.

The royals arent the team they used to be. They will give teams fits this year. We just won 7 in a row and lost 2. No biggie. every team has flaws. Werent the Blue Jays supposed to be in 1st place? You, softy, Lssiter, geo and all the other whine bag trolls can wast your time worrying all day.

i believe you have me confused with someone else.  i have been posting under this name and only this name for years.  the fact remains....our home record last year was not good at all.  shall we not be concerned about turning that around this year?  yes, we have dominated on the road thus far this season. awesome.  i love it.  but home cooking is what gets you to 90+ wins.  and 90+ wins gets you in the hunt.  where is the whining?

be careful who you arbitrarily call a troll......

I didnt realize I clicked on your post slasher. I have no issue with you at all...It was meant for Bill. my apologies...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

The Red Sox have gone from a team with chasms to a team with cracks.  I'll take the cracks.  If you want to extend this metaphor a little further, I'd say that last year's team didn't even have a foundation to speak of.

There is a crack, a crack, in everything.   That's how the light gets in.  

L. Cohen (from the song, "Anthem")

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Why do you root so hard for this team to fail bill? Are you a sox fan at all? I'm seriously starting to question that.

Yes, I am a SOX fan, a big Sox fan.......  Just seeing things as I see them and being proactive in things that Ben has to be aware of !!!!

You are cracked.

maybe he's on crack.

Wakefield was on crack, or was it Francona?

GEROME, help me out!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it has been a good start....losing 2 to KC yesterday hasnt dampened my spirits...we could have easily won both with a little luck

after the last few years of april misery, this looks good thus far....we all know it is about the pitching....if it can hold up, the AL East is in contention because no one is a powerhouse...

do i expect it to last? no

i still think a .500 season is likely but the difference in attitude and the youth movement bodes well for us as sox fans.....enjoy this season because for the first time in about a half decade, this team is easy to root for...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As of right now they are 12-6, not 12-7. Are they going to lose tonight? You know this for a fact?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Why do you root so hard for this team to fail bill? Are you a sox fan at all? I'm seriously starting to question that.

Yes, I am a SOX fan, a big Sox fan.......  Just seeing things as I see them and being proactive in things that Ben has to be aware of !!!!

Yeah, you're a huge RS.  You don't even know what our record is.  Heck, even your friend Frank knows our record is 12-6, and I'm not sure he can even count that high.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Well, it's a good thing we're 12-6 then.

LOL!   First thing I noticed! 

We're still sliding toward a meltdown billy-69  :(

Now we're only 13 - 7.  It's getting worse for YOU by the day!!!

Dude!  Seriously???  All this "the sky is falling" bs just to impress your boyfriend Stiffy??

Calm down billy-69, you had him at hello.  Once you started getting all worked up about "marriage" and other such socio-p issues of import, we all knew you two would become "fast-friends;)"

Ironic!!!  You & the stiffster being the charter members of the "blame the Red Sox First" Club???  Especially with your strong views on the "blame America First" crowd?

You two master the art of demagoguery!  The same demagoguery you are want to condemn from the other side.

Relax billy-69.....

Stiffy can translate for you in the comfort of your own room.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I think the Sox should hire you immediately, then do exactly the opposite of what you "think" about everything.  100% guaranteed they will succeed doing that.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"let me be clear", keep giving 6 runs, and you will find yourself in the bargain basement soone than you can say "FILENES" !!!

Let me say this about that: Not if they keep scoring nine.

Sections
Shortcuts