1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: As CONSTRUCTED, cracks are showing in the 12-7 FOUNDATION............

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Hey remember that time that Bill wasn't complaining/worried about the team?

It actually existed.  3 years back or so, Bill was overwhelmingly positive, and in this state his aw shucks befuddlement was quite endearing (to me anyway).  Don't know what turned him, maybe Chickengate, dunno.  

I saw people getting unnecessarily aggressive w/ Bill before I saw Bill get aggressive back.

Just saying.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

It actually existed.  3 years back or so, Bill was overwhelmingly positive, and in this state his aw shucks befuddlement was quite endearing (to me anyway).  Don't know what turned him, maybe Chickengate, dunno.  

I saw people getting unnecessarily aggressive w/ Bill before I saw Bill get aggressive back.

Just saying.

Thanks DREW,,   I try & "do unto others, as they do to me"  !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Why do you root so hard for this team to fail bill? Are you a sox fan at all? I'm seriously starting to question that.

Yes, I am a SOX fan, a big Sox fan.......  Just seeing things as I see them and being proactive in things that Ben has to be aware of !!!!

I think the Sox should hire you immediately, then do exactly the opposite of what you "think" about everything.  100% guaranteed they will succeed doing that.

Good win last night !!!  We scored 9 and held the other team to 6  !!!!!!

Hard to get anything by T-Baller.

"let me be clear", keep giving 6 runs, and you will find yourself in the bargain basement soone than you can say "FILENES" !!!

So the rest of the amazing pitching has been rendered null and void because of last night. Even though the starter went 6 2/3 giving up 3 and striking out 8?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

the home record has me worried.  last year it was abysmal.  it needs to be better this year and losing 2 out of 3 to the Royals doesnt bode well.  yes, it is early.  but it can get late early.

The royals arent the team they used to be. They will give teams fits this year. We just won 7 in a row and lost 2. No biggie. every team has flaws. Werent the Blue Jays supposed to be in 1st place? You, softy, Lssiter, geo and all the other whine bag trolls can wast your time worrying all day.

i posted a response to this yesterday...
    not sure why it was deleted?

anyways....i believe you have me confused with someone else.  i have been posting under this name (and only this name) for years.  what i stated in my post in this thread is fact...our home record last year was not good.  we have been road warriors so far this year and that is awesome.  but home cooking is what gets you to 90+ wins.  and 90+ wins gets you in the hunt.  be cautious who you arbitrarily label as a "troll".  you got it wrong on this one pal.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Just saying.

Drewski -- posters now might have a knee-jerk aggressive reaction to Bill now but that was after bill started spamming the board with one negative thread after another, often on the same topick and usually making no sense.

He'll make a logical statement but use it out of context that it makes no sense to the situation he's talking about -- and that's on a better post. 

Before September 2011, bill was a reactionary but he'd at least balance the negative with the good. But since then, he's decided to be just simply be constantly negative and beyond that, make no sense with his arguments.

So yeah, posters might "attack" him first, but he basically asks for it. Unless he's truly an idiot, he wouldn't consistently post the way he does w/o expecting the responses he gets.

He's not interested in an intelligent discussion. He wants to be attacked.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Why do you root so hard for this team to fail bill? Are you a sox fan at all? I'm seriously starting to question that.

Yes, I am a SOX fan, a big Sox fan.......  Just seeing things as I see them and being proactive in things that Ben has to be aware of !!!!

I think the Sox should hire you immediately, then do exactly the opposite of what you "think" about everything.  100% guaranteed they will succeed doing that.

Good win last night !!!  We scored 9 and held the other team to 6  !!!!!!

Hard to get anything by T-Baller.

"let me be clear", keep giving 6 runs, and you will find yourself in the bargain basement soone than you can say "FILENES" !!!

How many times have the Sox given up six runs this year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Just saying.

Drewski -- posters now might have a knee-jerk aggressive reaction to Bill now but that was after bill started spamming the board with one negative thread after another, often on the same topick and usually making no sense.

He'll make a logical statement but use it out of context that it makes no sense to the situation he's talking about -- and that's on a better post. 

Before September 2011, bill was a reactionary but he'd at least balance the negative with the good. But since then, he's decided to be just simply be constantly negative and beyond that, make no sense with his arguments.

So yeah, posters might "attack" him first, but he basically asks for it. Unless he's truly an idiot, he wouldn't consistently post the way he does w/o expecting the responses he gets.

Roy, you are skipping over a lot of middle ground.  Maybe he's just not one for over-analyzing.  Maybe he'd rather watch the game and share his observations than engage in a number crunching, time consuming , puff out your chest analytical battle with a fellow poster.

I dont see anything wrong with posting: "I feel a blockbuster is coming" without going into detail about who.  We all watch baseball for different reasons and we all post here for different reasons.  There is nothing wrong with BIll saying: this team could benefit from a blockbuster without having done hours of research into who's available and who's the right fit.  

And I disagree that Bill is 100% negative.  He is positive on Iggy, Bradley, Webster.  He hasnt bashed Ben or Farrell.  And really who cares about the redundancy.  He's likened 2013 to 1967 (which is a positive).  

Regarding teh redundancy: maybe "Today is the day for a blockbuster" translates to: "Good morning" in Bill speak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Just saying.

Roy, you are skipping over a lot of middle ground.  Maybe he's just not one for over-analyzing.  Maybe he'd rather watch the game and share his observations than engage in a number crunching, time consuming , puff out your chest analytical battle with a fellow poster.

I dont see anything wrong with posting: "I feel a blockbuster is coming" without going into detail about who.  We all watch baseball for different reasons and we all post here for different reasons.  There is nothing wrong with BIll saying: this team could benefit from a blockbuster without having done hours of research into who's available and who's the right fit.  

And I disagree that Bill is 100% negative.  He is positive on Iggy, Bradley, Webster.  He hasnt bashed Ben or Farrell.  And really who cares about the redundancy.  He's likened 2013 to 1967 (which is a positive).  

Regarding teh redundancy: maybe "Today is the day for a blockbuster" translates to: "Good morning" in Bill speak.

This is a lovely counter-perspective on Bill, Drewski.  Thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Just saying.

Ehhhhh.....the sentiment is nice but the constant self serving thread creation, redundant themes, political attacks and sometimes racist remarks is just too much for me to just mark it down as "He's not one to over-analyze things...." 

He needs to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill is not 100% negative.  

Bill does say things that make no sense.

Bill makes statements that he does not always back up.

Bill will not always answer direct questions. 

Bill does repeat threads.

Bill IMHO is honest in all comments.

Bill is a RS fan?

so let's all be honest there are a lot of the same things that Bill does in all of us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

My CONCERN at this juncture is enjoying the good baseball I am watching and not getting caught up in nitpicking and casting clouds over everything.  What a drag.  If I realized half way through a season that I had wasted the previous months stewing in criticism and fretting over possible concerns, I would be so upset with myself for having, unprovoked, turned a past time I love into a constant study in fear and loathing.  Why squeeze the joy out of one of the purely joyful things in life?  

Baseball has a way of bringing about misery without having to stew in it:  case in point, 2012 Red Sox.  No need to force it.

Not to say there are no stress points with this club.  of course there are.  Unlike you, however, I do not want to spend all day harping on them.  

What a miserable waste of time.  I will leave that 'fun' to yourself and Softy, ADG et al.

This is such a good post!  The folks who love misery are the reason I come around less and less.  If all were like you, the forum would be awesome.  Thanks for the excellent sentiment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Bill is not 100% negative.  

Bill does say things that make no sense.

Bill makes statements that he does not always back up.

Bill will not always answer direct questions. 

Bill does repeat threads.

Bill IMHO is honest in all comments.

Bill is a RS fan?

so let's all be honest there are a lot of the same things that Bill does in all of us.

Or shucks Jim, thank you ........  I would like to think that I have been consistant over the 3 to 4 years that I have been on the board.....  I like to think that I have been a good baseball  G M  /  Manager here !!!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

Bill is more like a Charlie Weaver who winks at you as he is kidding with you. He is harmless unless you take him seriously or ignore the wink-wink. His volume of redundancy is more the fault of those who flock to his threads.

I think the Doctors call it "reverse ????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Just saying.

It is not the aggression that is the issue. He went from posting creepy post about Jenny Dell to how Ortiz was done. It was like a switch was flipped. He want the whole team trades in a blockbuster that never happen. Between the Ortiz bashing and the blockbuster rant, the board turned on him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

His tag-teaming with softy the clown does not help either.

As MOM & DAD would say ..........  "SON, the best compliment you can recieve, can sometimes com in the form of complaints"  !!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Next two games vs. the A's.

Then four games vs. the Astros.

Boston can go 5-1 in those six games.  1-1 vs. Oakland and 4-0 vs. Houston.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Just saying.

Thanks drewski,

As I said on another thread bills a nice old baseball guy.  He's been posting on this forum for a long time and I think it's a shame that people have turned on him like this.  He has his opinions, I don't understand the attacks against him.

My dad used to talk about negatives when it came to the sox but there was no bigger sox fan in the world.  If he were alive he probably would be around bill's age.  I think it's a generational thing.

I wish everyone would cut the guy some slack.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts