AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, DOUBRONT WILL PLAY A......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, DOUBRONT WILL PLAY A......

MAJOR ROLE IN 2012" !!!!!     BOBBY V. IS GOING TO GIVE THIS GUY A GOOOOD CHANCE TO BE THE OTHER LEFT HANDER IN THE ROTATION !!!!  BOBBY V. IS GOING TO LOVE THIS GUY......  TITO (AS MUCH AS I LIKED HIM) LIKE DOC RIVERS, MAKES EXCUSES TO GO WITH THE VET'S.....  AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THAT IS PLAYING OUT WITH THE CELTICS AS WE WRITE !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, DOUBRONT WILL PLAY A......

Tito actually always goes with the younger guys.  Salty, Pedey, Youk, Ells, Reddck, Lester, Buch, Paps, and Bard would probably agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, DOUBRONT WILL PLAY A......:
    [QUOTE]Tito actually always goes with the younger guys.  Salty, Pedey, Youk, Ells, Reddck, Lester, Buch, Paps, and Bard would probably agree.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]IN ALL DUE RESPECT........ONLY IN THE LAST RESORT !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I have down as my #5 starter next year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

If Doubront is healed, he could be the #5 starter!  I would like to see it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaSoxFan. Show IowaSoxFan's posts

The one guy noboby talks much about that I think could help is Tazawa.  He showed some flashes two years ago when he got the call.  Obviously his health is an issue, but I could see him being a real factor.  He was limited last year by the organization last year, but was very good in AAA - 2.51 ERA and a very impressive 19/3 K to BB ratio. 

He is coming into year two after Tommy John surgery, which history as shown is the time when guys generally get all the way back.  I think he makes some strides and contends for a spot in the rotation at some point next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What I saw when Tarzawa pitch 2 years ago, he had average stuff and got lit up by good hitters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, DOUBRONT WILL PLAY A......:
    [QUOTE] MAJOR ROLE IN 2012" !!!!!     BOBBY V. IS GOING TO GIVE THIS GUY A GOOOOD CHANCE TO BE THE OTHER LEFT HANDER IN THE ROTATION !!!!  BOBBY V. IS GOING TO LOVE THIS GUY......  TITO (AS MUCH AS I LIKED HIM) LIKE DOC RIVERS, MAKES EXCUSES TO GO WITH THE VET'S.....  AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THAT IS PLAYING OUT WITH THE CELTICS AS WE WRITE !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

You could be correct but Theo wasn't the best judge of talent when it came to pitching.  Doubront may end up just being like Dinardo and packaged at some point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Doubrant actually has decent stuff.  Lenny didn't really didn't.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Doubrant actually has decent stuff.  Lenny didn't really didn't.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]THATS A  B I N G O  !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, DOUBRONT WILL PLAY A...... : THATS A  B I N G O  !!!!

Miller has as good or better stuff than Doubront if he can get a handle on his control.  Since Lester, we have had only a few good pitching prospects on the farm in Clay, Masterson, Kelly and Bard.  I would love to see another youngster make it after some of these choices but I'm not sure Doubront is the guy. 

... Tazawa, TJ and limited talent anyway
    ... Weiland, no business pitching 7 games down the stretch
    ... Hagadone TJ
    ... Gabbard, pitched better for us than anywhere else
    ... Bowden, limited talent
    ... Hansen, thrown into the fire much too young
    ... Dinardo, limited talent
    ... Delcarmen, I blame the mentoring or lack of 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It will be very interesting to see which, if any, of the Doubront/Miller/Tazawa pack steps up.  All potentially could, but have not proven it yet. 

I disagree with those that think Tazawa doesn't have the right stuff.  When he came up the first time, he was nowhere near ready for prime time yet.  But, he still showed a great tenacity and wily approach.  He would have been up last year for sure if it wasn;t for that pesky TJ surgery.  He is not overpowering, but I like his makeup.  We shall see if the injury setbacks are too much to overcome at this point.  But,  I think he has as good a chance as Doubront to get over the hump.

Would love to see Miller get it together, as his stuff is electrifying.  But, I doubt his control issues are fixable at this point.  Would be great if he could get it tigether though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]It will be very interesting to see which, if any, of the Doubront/Miller/Tazawa pack steps up.  All potentially could, but have not proven it yet.  I disagree with those that think Tazawa doesn't have the right stuff.  When he came up the first time, he was nowhere near ready for prime time yet.  But, he still showed a great tenacity and wily approach.  He would have been up last year for sure if it wasn;t for that pesky TJ surgery.  He is not overpowering, but I like his makeup.  We shall see if the injury setbacks are too much to overcome at this point.  But,  I think he has as good a chance as Doubront to get over the hump. Would love to see Miller get it together, as his stuff is electrifying.  But, I doubt his control issues are fixable at this point.  Would be great if he could get it tigether though.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Fair enough spaceman, you have more faith in Taz then I ever have.  He just seems much too hittable and doesn't have the necessary location to overcome his lack of velocity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A Miller was given every opportunity last year and couldn't cut it

If he wants to stay in AAA w/ a chance to get called up, fine but that's about the only role he has.  No matter how good he pitches in ST I can not trust him to start the season in Boston

As far as a guy to come up in 2-3 years - look to Matt Barnes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]A Miller was given every opportunity last year and couldn't cut it If he wants to stay in AAA w/ a chance to get called up, fine but that's about the only role he has.  No matter how good he pitches in ST I can not trust him to start the season in Boston As far as a guy to come up in 2-3 years - look to Matt Barnes
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Barnes has some nice stuff and pretty good control of his pitches.  He is also a tough kid who won't let much bother him.  I just hope we bring him along slowly.  Miller might still get the nod over Doubront, he has better pitches.  I think Doubront will really need to turn heads in ST to even grab a spot in the pen.  Both need to stay in control of the SZ to have a solid chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Are you crazy, Tito stayed with Drew last year through the first 3 months, just because he was a vet...Tito disliked playing kids unless told to by Theo...shake out the cobwebs son.

[QUOTE]Tito actually always goes with the younger guys.  Salty, Pedey, Youk, Ells, Reddck, Lester, Buch, Paps, and Bard would probably agree.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, DOUBRONT WILL PLAY A......:
    [QUOTE] MAJOR ROLE IN 2012" !!!!!     BOBBY V. IS GOING TO GIVE THIS GUY A GOOOOD CHANCE TO BE THE OTHER LEFT HANDER IN THE ROTATION !!!!  BOBBY V. IS GOING TO LOVE THIS GUY......  TITO (AS MUCH AS I LIKED HIM) LIKE DOC RIVERS, MAKES EXCUSES TO GO WITH THE VET'S.....  AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THAT IS PLAYING OUT WITH THE CELTICS AS WE WRITE !!!

AS DAD WOULD SAY ...SON SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]What I saw when Tarzawa pitch 2 years ago, he had average stuff and got lit up by good hitters.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing....nothing special...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Give him a shot in the pen.  I don't think his secondary pitches are refined enough for him to be an effective starter at this point.  Last season was pretty much wasted because of injury.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"LIKE DOC RIVERS, MAKES EXCUSES TO GO WITH THE VET'S.....  AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THAT IS PLAYING OUT WITH THE CELTICS AS WE WRITE !!!"

Bill, maybe you don't realize this but talent wins in the NBA.  coaching up a bunch of young guys doesn't win you crap unless those young guys are blue chippers.  Picking at the bottom of the 1st rd and in the 2nd round won't build you a winner.  I read this about Doc all the time and want you to give me an example of 1 guy that he didn't play that went somewhere else and was successful.  Gerald Green, Giddens, Walker.  Newsflash.  They didn't play because they suck!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan228. Show bostonsportsfan228's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 5 years ago Jon Lester was projected to be a #4#3 starter...today he's more of a #1#2 guy.  Now I'm not saying Doubront is going to be an Ace, actually I would bet against it but I am saying sometimes you don't truly know what you have in a young prospect until he gets up there and gets a legitimate shot to show you what he's got.

He hasn't pitched more than 35 innings in the bigs and no more than 25 in a season. Even then he didn't fascinate, he didn't falter either.  He's got decent stuff, he has decent control and nice change up.  I think if he can stay healthy he has a chance at being a viable 4th 5th guy.

I'm not sure he's going to get the chance to start this year, but he might be given a decent full time slot in the BP with a chance to spot start.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]"LIKE DOC RIVERS, MAKES EXCUSES TO GO WITH THE VET'S.....  AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THAT IS PLAYING OUT WITH THE CELTICS AS WE WRITE !!!" Bill, maybe you don't realize this but talent wins in the NBA.  coaching up a bunch of young guys doesn't win you crap unless those young guys are blue chippers.  Picking at the bottom of the 1st rd and in the 2nd round won't build you a winner.  I read this about Doc all the time and want you to give me an example of 1 guy that he didn't play that went somewhere else and was successful.  Gerald Green, Giddens, Walker.  Newsflash.  They didn't play because they suck!!
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]I HEAR YOU...... TELL THAT TO THE MIAMI HEAT.....  "A KID NAMED COLE" !!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Correct me if I'm wrong, but 5 years ago Jon Lester was projected to be a #4#3 starter...today he's more of a #1#2 guy.  Now I'm not saying Doubront is going to be an Ace, actually I would bet against it but I am saying sometimes you don't truly know what you have in a young prospect until he gets up there and gets a legitimate shot to show you what he's got. He hasn't pitched more than 35 innings in the bigs and no more than 25 in a season. Even then he didn't fascinate, he didn't falter either.  He's got decent stuff, he has decent control and nice change up.  I think if he can stay healthy he has a chance at being a viable 4th 5th guy. I'm not sure he's going to get the chance to start this year, but he might be given a decent full time slot in the BP with a chance to spot start.
    Posted by bostonsportsfan228[/QUOTE]

It's very hard to consider Jon Lester an Ace

Sections
Shortcuts