As DAD would say........ "SON, how can you lose 2 out of 3 to CLEVELAND"????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say........ "SON, how can you lose 2 out of 3 to CLEVELAND"????????

4 HITS ???????  Ben, make some moves son !!!  Play the KIDS  !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: As DAD would say........ "SON, how can you lose 2 out of 3 to CLEVELAND"????????

Never mind losing to the Indians, how about getting smoked by the Jays & Twins in your own backyard ! Time for Ben to take the blinders off and yes as Bill would say " son play the kids and start thinking about next season "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: As DAD would say........ "SON, how can you lose 2 out of 3 to CLEVELAND"????????

LILLIBRIDGE TO NOWHERE. BILL, BINGO!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Cleveland WINS 2/3 and axes the pitching coach.

Boston LOSES 2/3 and...continues right along.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: As DAD would say........ "SON, how can you lose 2 out of 3 to CLEVELAND"????????:
    [QUOTE]Cleveland WINS 2/3 and axes the pitching coach. Boston LOSES 2/3 and...continues right along.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Exactly, they continue right along with nobody being accountable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Just play the kids from here on in.  Why is this so hard to the Red Sox to understand?

Let them get used to MLB - and next year you are in better shape.

Lavarnaway should catch every day from here out.  I don't care if he makes mistakes.  Let's get moving on actually "developing" for next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: As DAD would say........ "SON, how can you lose 2 out of 3 to CLEVELAND"????????:
    [QUOTE]Just play the kids from here on in.  Why is this so hard to the Red Sox to understand? Let them get used to MLB - and next year you are in better shape. Lavarnaway should catch every day from here out.  I don't care if he makes mistakes.  Let's get moving on actually "developing" for next year.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]BINGO   !!!!   The next CARLTON FISK !!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'll wait another 4 hours to respond to your "How can the Sox lose THREE OF FOUR to Cleveland" thread........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Lavarnway and Saltalamacchia can split DH/C duties.

I'd just let Ciriaco play 3B and stick Iglesias at SS.

Call up Bradley Jr and let him play RF for a month...why not?

Ross and Aviles can back up. Neither is really a long term answer. Both are good enough players, but this team has enough problems, and I don't see them as players to build around. Little is known about Valencia, just stash him and let him show something in the spring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Lavarnway and Saltalamacchia can split DH/C duties. I'd just let Ciriaco play 3B and stick Iglesias at SS. Call up Bradley Jr and let him play RF for a month...why not? Ross and Aviles can back up. Neither is really a long term answer. Both are good enough players, but this team has enough problems, and I don't see them as players to build around. Little is known about Valencia, just stash him and let him show something in the spring.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I think I like your suggestions.  I may suggest some tweaks.

*  I'd give Aviles some playing time at 2B and 3B and also move Pedro around the IF too.  I need to know who my Utility IF'er is going to be next year

*  I'd play Ross in LF.  I'd like to see how he does out there more often, esp in Fenway.  If CC is out w/ TJ we will need a LF and even when CC is back, it will be critical to be able to have a RH hitter who can platoon w/ him

*  I was going to suggest giving Shop more time at catcher but I think we know enough about him to make decisions on him for next season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Lavarnway and Saltalamacchia can split DH/C duties. I'd just let Ciriaco play 3B and stick Iglesias at SS. Call up Bradley Jr and let him play RF for a month...why not? Ross and Aviles can back up. Neither is really a long term answer. Both are good enough players, but this team has enough problems, and I don't see them as players to build around. Little is known about Valencia, just stash him and let him show something in the spring.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]  Your making all of my points !!!!!   Thank You !!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'm not for benching Ross because I'd like to try to resign him.  However , if CC is going to need surgery anyway, I see nothing wrong with shutting him down now, opening up a starting OF spot.

Agreed that Ciriaco should play everyday. 

Lavarnaway is a tough call.  We still really dont know which C is going to start in 2013.  Id continue to play them both and monitor the situation.