AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!!

WATCHING THE MLB STATION YESTERDAY..... THE PLAYERS GIVE GREAT LOVE TO  D W  20+ YEARS AFTER HE "MADE/SHOWED THEM HOW TO WIN" !!!   I KNOW, SOME OF YOU T-BALLERS THINK THAT A BABY SITTER WHO IS WARM & FUZZY IS WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDS.... WHAT SAY YOU ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!!

Discipline is what needs to drive the new manager...coddling didn't work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!!

Most of the discussion about the type of manager needed has been black and white in this regard:  like a manager is either a coddler or a discipliniarian.  But, I would like to see a blend of the two actually.  Certainly, there needs to be more discipline.  But, those hard-azz type managers usually are the kind of guys that do things like call out their players in the media and make overblown beefs.  I think that aspect is a recipe for disaster in Beantown.  I would like to see someone with a more controlling hand than Francona, but also with the low-key, keep-it-in-house protective qualities that Tito brought to the table.  Is there such a dude?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!!:
    Most of the discussion about the type of manager needed has been black and white in this regard:  like a manager is either a coddler or a discipliniarian.  But, I would like to see a blend of the two actually.  Certainly, there needs to be more discipline.  But, those hard-azz type managers usually are the kind of guys that do things like call out their players in the media and make overblown beefs.  I think that aspect is a recipe for disaster in Beantown.  I would like to see someone with a more controlling hand than Francona, but also with the low-key, keep-it-in-house protective qualities that Tito brought to the table.  Is there such a dude?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    SPACE.... DON'T GO SOFT/LIBERAL ON US !!!!!Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!!:
    In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!! : SPACE.... DON'T GO SOFT/LIBERAL ON US !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

In fact, I think my thoughts on this matter are quite conservative Bill.  Discipline and discretion.  Two conservative values, no?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY... "SON, LET'S HOPE THE SOX BRING IN A DICK WILLIAMS TYPE"!!! : In fact, I think my thoughts on this matter are quite conservative Bill.  Discipline and discretion.  Two conservative values, no?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
       YOUR RIGHT.... THANK YOU !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THE SERIES IS OVER........ LET THE FUN BEGIN !!!!   BTW,  WHEN DO THE YANK$ & PHILL$ PLAY ???????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SHOULD BE THE 1ST ORDER OF BUSINESS THIS WEEK !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

An outstanding in-game Manager with a Drill Sgt's demeanor is what IMO we need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Dick Williams lasted two years in Boston right? That kind of guy burns out with a club and for good reason.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts