AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, PICK UP YOUR GLOVE & BAT, WE ARE GOING HOME"!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, PICK UP YOUR GLOVE & BAT, WE ARE GOING HOME"!!

CAN'T WATCH MUCH MORE !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FatherofBill-806. Show FatherofBill-806's posts

Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, PICK UP YOUR GLOVE & BAT, WE ARE GOING HOME"!!

Son, I beg you, stop with the yelling! Stop using all capital letters! I can't stand it anymore! It's impolite!
    Also son it's part of our families tradition to follow the Red Sox to the very end. Please son, don't give up.
    Remember son:
    Gray skies are gonna clear up,
    Put on a happy face;
    Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
    Put on a happy face.
    Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
    It's not your style;
    You'll look so good that you'll be glad
    Ya' decide to smile!
    Pick out a pleasant outlook,
    Stick out that noble chin;
    Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
    Slap on a happy grin!
    And spread sunshine all over the place,
    Just put on a happy face!
    Put on a happy face
    Put on a happy face
    And if you're feeling cross and bitterish
    Don't sit and whine
    Think of banana split and licorice
    And you'll feel fine
    I knew a girl so glooming
    She'd never laugh or sing
    She wouldn't listen to me
    Now she's a mean old thing
    So spread sunshine all over the place
    Just put on a happy face
    So, put on a happy face

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Didn't Dad teach you that quitters never win and winners never quit?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaynaples. Show jaynaples's posts

It is time for our loyal fans to rally behind the Team. We have had  some tough injuries and nothing is going right for us now but the Team has had a good year overall. Having said that , we need Francona to really dig in and make smarter decisions in the heat of battle. The fact that Bard had an off night and has been slipping lately is unfortunate but part of the game . What isn't acceptable , is bringing in Albers with the bases loaded in the 8 th. He has been terrible lately and should only be used when we have given up on a game . The Yankees would have used Rivera in that situation and we should have used Papelbon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, PICK UP YOUR GLOVE & BAT, WE ARE GOING HOME"!!:

Posted by mrmojo1120

Definitely keep that on hand, because you'll be using it a lot with this guy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, PICK UP YOUR GLOVE & BAT, WE ARE GOING HOME"!!:
    I think my dad would suggest I find the caps lock key.
    Posted by davetheknave
    THIS KIND OF BASEBALL IS BAD ON MY EYES..... WISH THEY HAD A BIGGER "LOCK KEY" !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Son, I beg you, stop with the yelling! Stop using all capital letters! I can't stand it anymore! It's impolite! Also son it's part of our families tradition to follow the Red Sox to the very end. Please son, don't give up. Remember son: Gray skies are gonna clear up, Put on a happy face; Brush off the clouds and cheer up, Put on a happy face. Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy, It's not your style; You'll look so good that you'll be glad Ya' decide to smile! Pick out a pleasant outlook, Stick out that noble chin; Wipe off that "full of doubt" look, Slap on a happy grin! And spread sunshine all over the place, Just put on a happy face! Put on a happy face Put on a happy face And if you're feeling cross and bitterish Don't sit and whine Think of banana split and licorice And you'll feel fine I knew a girl so glooming She'd never laugh or sing She wouldn't listen to me Now she's a mean old thing So spread sunshine all over the place Just put on a happy face So, put on a happy face
    Posted by FatherofBill-806

FOB ...

I apologize for the thread I started ... you lready had it covered and I didn't know it.

Bene.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

My Pop always used to say ... "Son, always be loyal to your team, especially when things aren't going well. And never type in all-caps, because it makes you look stupid."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

My Pop always used to say ... "Son, always be loyal to your team, especially when things aren't going well. And never type in all-caps, because it makes you look stupid."
    Posted by LloydDobler
      LD ..... IS THAT THE BEST YOU GOT ???  YOU T-BALLER !!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's easy to grin
    when your ship comes in
    and you've got the stock market beat
    but the man worthwhile
    is the man who can smile
    when his shorts are too tight in the seat

Judge Smails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGpQej3o9eo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, PICK UP YOUR GLOVE & BAT, WE ARE GOING HOME"!! :   LD ..... IS THAT THE BEST YOU GOT ???  YOU T-BALLER !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Pop also used to say that when people ask "is that the best you got," they know they've been shot down and have no other response.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Bill are you a redsox fan? then chill out theres still a ton of baseball left!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat Judge Smails http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGpQej3o9eo
    Posted by mrmojo1120

How 'bout a Fresca?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycdonohue. Show nycdonohue's posts

The sox have been pronounced dead countless times this season by people who are outraged that they don't win every game.
    Let's see what happens. 
    I'm guessing the bandwagon will be full to overloading before the season is over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Posted by RSF4Life234
      YOUR RIGHT, 22 GAMES AND WE ARE NOT LOOKING LIKE WE ARE ANY WHERE NEAR THE TOP OF OUR GAME !!   YA THINK ????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, PICK UP YOUR GLOVE & BAT, WE ARE GOING HOME"!! :   YOUR RIGHT, 22 GAMES AND WE ARE NOT LOOKING LIKE WE ARE ANY WHERE NEAR THE TOP OF OUR GAME !!   YA THINK ????
    Posted by Bill-806

Exactly 22 games if your a fan you dont get off the band wagon. The sox could go 0 and 162 and id still be a fan. If your freaking out about a stretch of bad games you should become a fan of a different sport.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Hey Bill, you could be watching Obama instead......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I tune in every night. It's fun watching AAA baseball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Hey Bill, you could be watching Obama instead...... I WAS, THAT WAS WORSE THAN WATCHING THE SOX !!!!!
    Posted by bald-predictions

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Posted by RSF4Life234
       TON OF BASEBALL LEFT ????  AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK" !!!!  THE YANK$ HAVE LOST 2 IN A ROW TO THE  O's AND WE CAN'T MAKE ANY GROUND ! THATS CONCERNING FOR SURE !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Old and tired act.

Sections
Shortcuts