As DAD would say ..... "SON, you need to show support for the embattled SOFTLAW" !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

Re: As DAD would say .....

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOOOOW there boys, lets calm down here........You are all working to hard here trying to demonize B-806 the same way that you all attacked SOFTY .....  So, what happens if you run B-806 off the BOARD ???  Whos next ????  Really, spring training will be here before you know it, may I suggest that we all enjoy the Christmas Season and get ready for baseball shortly there after !!!

[/QUOTE]

Once again, & not surprisingly, you miss the point Lil' Billy........  & so it goes & goes,..../

Perhaps you missed the part about not wanting you, or non-Red Sox debates "off the board?"  Did you seriously miss all that Billy?  Part of skimming, which I'm not opposed to, especially with your posts, actually involves a little reading.

Try this Lil' Billy.....  read, & then respond without demagoguing an issue.  Most here don't want you off the board.  They simply want you to engage your brain.  Directly respond to things that are written without the brain dead partisan ideological demagogic rhetoric.  Try Billy.  If you are capable?

Other than your moronic claptrap, we love you.  We want you on this board.  We need you on this board.  Now.....  Directly respond to each deliniated point about why you are a hopeless moron, otherwise save it.  ;)  Directly respond to how you are killing the Republican party, relegating it to a minority party with zero national sway, through your hopelessly brain-dead ideological off the cliff right wing gay bashing race-baiting socio-political demagoguery, or simply change the subject yet again as you are want to do........ 

Other than all this, I think you're cute as hell, with a fine "sense of humor.;)"

Keep up the good work Billy

[/QUOTE]

Ehhhhhh.......I'm all set if Bill is gone and never comes back here......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Hetch & Family ......  Thanks for your kind words as I do enjoy your posts ......  As far as SOFFTY is concerned, I can't understand all the HATE for him, SOFFTY knows his baseball & whats wrong with a poster with his/her own opinions ???  Looks to me that all the fuss on this board (&LIFE) is caused by a portion of people/countries/governments that want to control the thoughts of individuals.............   With that said, "A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL & SOFTY TOO !!!!!          BTW,   SOFFTY just might end up on that DUCK PROGRAM on the A & E station ??  He sure could give those lib/left/rad/soc a run for their $$$$$$ .....

[/QUOTE]
    Now there's an interesting post.  A person who's called people with whom his political beliefs differ "Moonbats" is suggesting that we should be tolerant of other people's thoughts and opinions.

Hyporcite much?

[/QUOTE]Don't look so much at my words, but please understand that I will reach out to both sides and at the end of the day "will just call them as I see them", with no hard feelings at all !!!

[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite expressions when I'm trying to learn something that I know nothing about is, "Talk to me like I'm ten years old".  Since you don't seem to understand proper decorum I'm going to talk to you like you're ten years old:

Here's what you don't seem to understand.  "Calling them as you see them" introduces your political bias into the conversation.  The name calling along with the insertion of your political beliefs into this Red Sox forum is one of the things that CREATES hard feelings. 

If you want to express your political beliefs there's a place for it on the political forums.  Please respect those of us who don't want to talk politics here by not polluting the Red Sox board with your personal political beliefs.

Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

As we all know, speaking to Billy as though he were a child makes absolutely no difference.  I'm not sure he's able to follow an argument longer than a sound bite, which is why the totality of his news gathering comes from headlines, if he reads, or snipets from FoxNews or MSNBC.  You can't have a rational argument, or even approach a serious discussion with this type of shallow thinker, as they don't have the knowledge base to tackle multi-part questions.  Socratic dialogue is a non-starter, as Billy proves every hour of every day.  Best to simply mock him, as he will never answer a direct question.  He will simply reframe (completely change) your point, and give a non sequitur response.

Having said that........   Please consider this!

When you are watching a game with a group of people.......  any group of free thinking & hopefully reasonably intelligent people (unless you hang with the non-thinking class), how often does the topic stay on baseball for the entire hour.  Having been raised by Boston Latin parents, we were raised to think & debate.  To discuss real world issues.  If you weren't, you simply weren't thinking.  Never in my life could I imagine sitting around talking about the weather for hours on end, or god forbid the latest soap opera or reality tv show.  We talked about substantive, real life issues shaping our nation & the world.  I can't imagine not doing so.  My personal views on ALL THINGS run the gammet.......  spanning the socio-political globe from one Polar opposite to the other, & all points in between.  On some things, i.e. fiscal issues, I'm relatively conservative.  Our federal spending is so out of control, it truly constitutes a clear and present danger to our national survival.  No hyperbole there!  Conversely, I think our social spending on early education, pre-kinder, needs to dramatically increase.  Again, it's a threat to our national security to have over half the population raise illiterates.  It's a waste of our greatest national resource!  On social issues, I lean heavily toward the liberal side.  My gay brother being my best friend.  The whacked out far right conservative evangelical gay bashing clowd is simply an embarrassment to my party.  The thinking man's party;)

Anyway.......   In the off-season, how often do you hang with a group of friends & acquaintences, and talk about the Red Sox for days, weeks, years, on end ad nausium? If you do, you are likely of limited intellect......  So here we are, hanging out talking Red Sox.......  That's what we stick to 90% of the time.  In slow times, there will pop up a few threads veering into the socio-political.  God forbid.  & btw......  YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY CLICK ON THEM TO READ WHAT THEY SAY!!!!!!   WHY NOT SIMPLY NOT CLICK ON THEM IF THEY TROUBLE YOU SO????  IS IT A LACK OF DISCIPLINE?  IS IT THAT DIFFERING THOUGHTS THREATEN YOUR WORLD VIEW SO MUCH???  I HONESTLY THINK THAT'S WHAT IT IS.  FOLKS WHO HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME THINKING ON THEIR OWN, ARE TRULY THREATENED BY OPPOSING VIEWS?  I FIND THAT SAD!  I LOVE HAVING MY VIEWS CHALLENGED!  I CAN'T STAND PREACHING TO THE CHIOR.  FOLKS WHO THINK EXACTLY LIKE ME TEND TO BORE THE HELL OUT OF ME.

Anyway.....  Billy has one decent point.....   the thought police need to chill out a bit!!!!  Relax & breathe when differing topics pop up.  Try not to get so scared when folks have a thought that clashes with your world view.  OR........   DON'T READ IT if you find it that offensive or scary!

The rich irony?????

Too bad Billy doesn't understand this either.  He would never even think to consider a view that clashes with his limited world view.  It's clear he doesn't even read them, as he never responds directly to a question that challenges his world view.  ;)

[/QUOTE]
    Just a great post.  You and I could share a beer ... or three .. and not run out of things to talk about. 

I intentionally DO NOT go to the political board, not because I'm afraid of being challenged but because forums such as this tend to attract zealots - people who want me to listen to what they say but don't listen to what I say. 

Like you, I walk a fine line between conservatism and liberalism.  I had a good friend who was robbed and killed because he was gay.  The killer was apprehended after one of his frends told the police that he had told some friends that he was "going to roll a queer".   

OTOH, I agree wholeheartely with your stance on government spending and the conflict between how much is spent and the fact that we as a society may need to spend more to educate EVERYONE.

With Billy it's not as easy as ignoring the political threads.  He manages to throw politics into just about every post {slight exaggeration for effect] with something political and right-wing.  It starts out being about baseball, and suddenly, there it is, another slam against the current administration.

IMO the frequency of it shows a lack of respect for the board and the people who read it.  It's been mentioned to him many times and he keeps on doing it.  That tells me that either he's doing it just to pizz people off or else he's not bright enough to know the effect it's having.

I can forgive the second one, but not the first.

[/QUOTE]

Wish I wasn't stuck on the west coast, at least for now, & could enjoy a couple of cold ones with like minded, non-partisan, non-blindly ideological Bostonians (or east coast folks) like yourself.  The thinking class, which poor old Billy knows nothing about.  It's clear, he only talks to like minded, brain-dead, vapid ideologues, who feed on politically partisan red meat for every meal.  They wouldn't know Socratic dialogue if it hit them in the face.  

I couldn't agree more with your point about his insistence upon injecting his politics into every thread, and how they have the ability to take a lot of good threads off the rails.  For me, it speaks to him losing the argument.  When he, or Stiffy start losing the Red Sox / baseball argument, they quickly devolve to the red herring argument meant to cover their failure.  It's the sign of a weak mind.  ;)  I enjoy watching it, as they have lost the argument, & are too stupid to realize why they have changed the subject.  Double losers.  Actually, triple losers, as we also get the benefit of enjoying their double loss.  Mocking them after the fact is a forth loss for them.  Them not getting how you got there continues the compounded losses.  It's actually so easy it gets boring after a while.......  :)

My ultimate secret (ok...  not so secret) pleasure is tweaking the hell out of the morons from my party!!!!  Those who are want to follow the General George Custer CRUZ into Little Big Horn.  or Sarah Palin Earhart into the ocean as she crashes in the north Pacific on a flight to Russia.  I simply love pointing out their mind numbed blindly ideological ignorantly partisan ramblings, in the hopes that we can ressurect the era of the Reagan & Buckley thinking Republicans.  Without a thinking Republican party, the country truly is doomed.  It will all come crashing down economically.  Then, of course, we won't have any money for all the social spending desired by the equally partisan, blindly ideological, mind numbed flame throwers on the Left.  Billy fails to realize that it his ignorance that continues to marginalize his own party, thus helping to guarantee all of the socio-political woes that are the "bugaboo" of Stiffy & him.

Give me about 5 years, until my son is in college & I'm finally able to move back to my beloved Boston, & we'll have that beer.  :)  I can't take the west coast, where everyting important in life is relegated to a hobby.  Politics.  Sports...  All the important things in life.  Nothing more than a hobby.   ;)

[/QUOTE]

Good post.

Agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You guys know, if he really tried to read these posts, he would just fall asleep again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just heard from BDC .....  They can't believe how some of you have spent your Saturday afternoon before Christmas bullying the weaker people on this board !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Consider yourself weak Bill?  There is a YMCA and a church right around the corner, so you wont have to play the victim when your presentation fails  Also several educational institutions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And the Democras accept almost all volunteers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

Just heard from BDC .....  They can't believe how some of you have spent your Saturday afternoon before Christmas bullying the weaker people on this board !!!

[/QUOTE]
    If it's any consolation, I'd support Bill before I'd support Softy. :-)

I'm not entirely convinced that Bill isn't just Softy's alter-ego anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Never met the guy, but I never had a problem with his posts or communication ..... You must admit, He (softy) does know his baseball..... & the rest of his "stuff" was/is just his opinion.... So, tell me why so many of you feel the need to HATE the guy ????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Never met the guy, but I never had a problem with his posts or communication ..... You must admit, He (softy) does know his baseball..... & the rest of his "stuff" was/is just his opinion.... So, tell me why so many of you feel the need to HATE the guy ????

[/QUOTE]
    How much time ya got?  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Billy,   It's almost unbelievable that a guy could actually be this slow?  How many times do I need to explain this to you????  When a guy race-baits, claiming that all of Boston, especially Red Sox fans, are on the whole racists, he (Stiffy) & by extension you, are deserving of specific scorn & ridicule.  If a guy has to pounce on every "gay" issue that arises in the media & demagogue the issue, condemning all gays as often as possible, he (& again by extension you) is deserving of special treatment.

Now....... You know this about Stiffy.  You've heard it thousands of times.  Still, you play dumb & pretend that you don't know what's going on.  You fall back on.......  "he sure knows his baseball," which is of course beyond question after his disasterous last few years, especially 2013.

If you really don't understand why a guy who constantly denegrates entire groups of individuals based on race or gender preferences, you are beyond help.  Serioiusly Billy.  Stop playing stupid.  Stop ignoring the points brought up about Stiffy.  MAN UP & say that you condemn his debate tactics with respect to openly race & gay- baiting.  Otherwise, keep playing dumb & continue to pretend you just don't understand.

MAN UP Billy!  Grow a set!  Otherwise, just take the mocking you deserve.  ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If you teleport over to the hockey forum Bill you could get to know Stanley, another unique individual

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I tend to skim long posts and certainly glaze right over posters I know I don't care for... I am willing to bet Bill-806 doesn't take the time to follow what other people are trying to convey to him... I doubt he reads more than a line in any one post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no way. I like softlaws posts to when he is being funny or talking baseball. He writes well and even if many of his posts are not meant to be polite I move right over them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no way. I like softlaws posts to when he is being funny or talking baseball. He writes well and even if many of his posts are not meant to be polite I move right over them.

[/QUOTE]

To each his own, I guess.  I agree that Softy knows baseball, although I disagree with many of the conclusions he comes to as well as his personal style.  I've now come to the point where I skip any post of his.  However, I still find myself reading them occasionally when someone hits "Reply to this post".  :-(

Without getting into specifics - which RSDD has done quite well anyway - I find the board to be a friendlier place when Softy isn't here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Softlaw has been found! See picture below:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Hetch & Family ......  Thanks for your kind words as I do enjoy your posts ......  As far as SOFFTY is concerned, I can't understand all the HATE for him, SOFFTY knows his baseball & whats wrong with a poster with his/her own opinions ???  Looks to me that all the fuss on this board (&LIFE) is caused by a portion of people/countries/governments that want to control the thoughts of individuals.............   With that said, "A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL & SOFTY TOO !!!!!          BTW,   SOFFTY just might end up on that DUCK PROGRAM on the A & E station ??  He sure could give those lib/left/rad/soc a run for their $$$$$$ .....

[/QUOTE]
    Now there's an interesting post.  A person who's called people with whom his political beliefs differ "Moonbats" is suggesting that we should be tolerant of other people's thoughts and opinions.

Hyporcite much?

[/QUOTE]

Softy has made multiple racist comments here, is NOT EVEN A FAN OF THE TEAM, personally attacks and vilifies players and posters and does NOT 'know his baseball' he was proven wrong at every turn this year as he could not enjoy a World Series run but had to start fights, attack others and demean/smear the team as they won.

Get a clue Bill. The man is trash. Everyone but you despises him. He is a joke and a racist. Why do you want him back? So you can witness good intelligent conversations destroyed by his hate speeches and see him spew his ugly negative and childish comments at more baseball players and their fans??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Because Bill and old dad are the same kind of guys and have been for70 or eighty years and disrespect people of a different color who wore the uniform

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because Bill and old dad are the same kind of guys and have been for70 or eighty years and disrespect people of a different color who wore the uniform

[/QUOTE]"THERE YA GO AGAIN", Its the day after Christmas and you are right back to the childish lib/left/rad/soc DEMONIZING of other people OPINIONS !!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Ok for you to attack, but when its rightbackatcha, play the victim.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How dare you try to make Bill see common sense!!!!  Seriously though....I wonder how much longer Bill is going to be allowed to post here.  According to BDC he's on his 'last leg'. 

tick tock...tick tock...tick tock....Bill....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How dare you try to make Bill see common sense!!!!  Seriously though....I wonder how much longer Bill is going to be allowed to post here.  According to BDC he's on his 'last leg'. 

[/QUOTE]Well, with a new year coming..... DAD & Bill-806 are going to due their best to "STAY ON TOPIC" as we have come to the conclusion, that we cannot save the world !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Well, with a new year coming..... DAD & Bill-806 are going to due their best to "STAY ON TOPIC" as we have come to the conclusion, that we cannot save the world !!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey nut.....this useless thread that you started HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BASEBALL..... you're the worst person ever at 'staying on topic'.......  go away.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]"THERE YA GO AGAIN", Its the day after Christmas and you are right back to the childish lib/left/rad/soc DEMONIZING of other people OPINIONS !!! 

[/QUOTE]
    Only Bill would call someone a lib/left/rad/soc and in the same post accuse another poster of demonizing people because of their opinions.  <eye roll>  Hypocrite much?

BTW in case "anyone" doesn't understand words of more than two syllables, a hypocrite is one who says or thinks something is the wrong thing to be doing but does that same thing themselves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then leave off the "childish lib/left/rad/soc DEMONIZING of other people" crap.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

..... DAD & Bill-806 are going to due their best to "STAY ON TOPIC" as we have come to the conclusion, that we cannot save the world !!!

[/QUOTE]

Riddle me this....why do you feel you need to "save the world"?

what are you saving the world from????

do tell.....

Sections
Shortcuts