As I stated before the season started, the issue is the worst OF in baseball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

As I stated before the season started, the issue is the worst OF in baseball

The Red Sox will not win with an outfield consisting of:

Daniel Nava

Johnny Gomes

Grady Sizemore

Mike Carp

Jackie Bradley, Jr.

So far this year: 18 for 76, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 21K's.

It will only get marginally better when Victornia comes back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: As I stated before the season started, the issue is the worst OF in baseball

You do realize there are some horrible outfields in the MLB.  The Cubs, the Astros, the Phillies, the White Sox, the Twins, the Mariners. 

Red Sox by WAR projection rank in the middle of the pack.  There are some atrocious outfields in baseball.

What are you comparing the Sox outfield too??? The Cardinals or the Dodgers? Yes we don't have a great looking outfield, but that is probably the biggest weakness on this team.  All teams have holes.  So having a conversation on how to upgrade this outfield past and present is relevant....by calling it the wrost outfield in baseball??? based on what? 6 games??

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: As I stated before the season started, the issue is the worst OF in baseball

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?p os=of&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=2014&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

Delete the space between p and o.

I would expect things to get better for the Red Sox outfield.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

If Sizemore and Victorino are healthy, I'm being very optimistic that they'll be a darn good 2/3rds of the outfield.   Health is key.  

My concern is LF:

Gomes is not a F/T guy nor should he be (his awful splits against RHP were on display the past few games).  And I say this with Gomes being a good pick-up for what he IS, not ISN'T

Nava could turn out to be a 1 season wonder (and that was last season).  We'll know after 80 PAs or so.

That leaves Bradley and Carp...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The dreaded "I told you so" post - after a really tiny sample size. 

You do realize the team still has the capability to make moves, right? 

Ellsbury was not THAT good - heck he's already missing games. 

Funny thing - I noticed we were mostly competitive in games where we pitched well, and not competitive in games where we didn't. 

I suppose that is on the outfield also?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Interesting thread. So far we have two " you do realize" quotes and yet another " if Sizemore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Daniel Nava

Johnny Gomes

Grady Sizemore

Mike Carp

Jackie Bradley, Jr.

This last sentence destroys any semblance of credibility.  Aside from the terrible spelling, he hit .294 last year, so that would seem to be more than a marginal improvement.

Of course, with your Eeyore complex, you're probably assuming he has a bad year before he even gets on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You were wrong when you first posted this nonsense; you were taken to school. Now, you still cling to the absurdity. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You were wrong when you first posted this nonsense; you were taken to school. Now, you still cling to the absurdity. 

[/QUOTE]

He also wont show up agian to defend his post.

He'll just start another ill-informed thread after the next loss.

It's a nice byproduct of winning, the whiners suddenly forget how to log in.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

well, they have as many HR's as the entire team from the Boogie Down.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Daniel Nava

Johnny Gomes

Grady Sizemore

Mike Carp

Jackie Bradley, Jr.

[/QUOTE]

Worst OF in Baseball....?   I think they have one of ,if not the best outfield in baseball. The Field drains really well and the grounds crew does a super job to keep it looking great.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

It's April.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You do realize there are some horrible outfields in the MLB.  The Cubs, the Astros, the Phillies, the White Sox, the Twins, the Mariners. 

Red Sox by WAR projection rank in the middle of the pack.  There are some atrocious outfields in baseball.

What are you comparing the Sox outfield too??? The Cardinals or the Dodgers? Yes we don't have a great looking outfield, but that is probably the biggest weakness on this team.  All teams have holes.  So having a conversation on how to upgrade this outfield past and present is relevant....by calling it the wrost outfield in baseball??? based on what? 6 games??

[/QUOTE]

All the teams you mentioned, excluding the Mariners are picked to finish either last or 2nd to last in their divisions. You've just proved my point.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

1. Sizemore is making contact with the ball, not looking like he's "re-learning" the majors.

2. Victorino will be back.

3. Gomes plays LF against LHP.  Nice numbers there.

4. Nava just needs to get it in gear, and if he doesn't JBJ has his 2nd lifeline.

=

All is fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All the teams you mentioned, excluding the Mariners are picked to finish either last or 2nd to last in their divisions. You've just proved my point.

[/QUOTE]

are you smoking something???? Your POINT! was they are the "worst OF in baseball"

All I needed was ONE outfield worse than Bostons to disprove your point.

....you literally are making zero sense. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raydaz. Show raydaz's posts

My prediction: the good news is Jackie Bradley Jr. has a productive six years with the Sox.       The bad news is he succeeds Ellsbury in NY.  Also, sign Lester or risk him signing for 6 years at $25 million per year with Yanks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

If Sizemore and Victorino are healthy, I'm being very optimistic that they'll be a darn good 2/3rds of the outfield.   Health is key.  

My concern is LF:

Gomes is not a F/T guy nor should he be (his awful splits against RHP were on display the past few games).  And I say this with Gomes being a good pick-up for what he IS, not ISN'T

Nava could turn out to be a 1 season wonder (and that was last season).  We'll know after 80 PAs or so.

That leaves Bradley and Carp...

That is what's at the heart of things here. Even if Vic or Size spend time on the DL this is hardly the worst OF in MLB.

Drastic reactionary over-statement by the OP.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Hugh, are you serious?  ADG doesn't even know all the teams in BB, let alone all the OFs.

And less than one full day after ADG posts, the OF goes 6-11.

ADG is one of those poor people destined to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

Daniel Nava

Johnny Gomes

Grady Sizemore

Mike Carp

Jackie Bradley, Jr.

[/QUOTE]

Was it just marginally better tonight?