As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!!

According to multiple tweets,
    Terry Francona is holding court in the middle of the
    Red Sox clubhouse, surrounded by former players and coaches.
    Francona is working Sunday's game.
    This appears to be a breach of etiquette, for any former manager to do.
    Of course, Pedroia is one of those fawning over Tito.
    To add to this, Carl Crawford is benched, not because CC is on the mound, but the training staff doesn't want him to play more than four times a week!
    This is contrary to how Valentine has been playing him.
    One hand not knowing what the other is doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!!

the red sox medical staff should be in jail, not deciding the lineup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh, it will get worse.  Much more worse.  Hang on tight!

Da Bronx Zoo has relocated 150 miles to the Northeast.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Agreed. We are in uncharted waters, and sinking fast.
    I wonder if management encouraged Tito to pull this stunt?
    Also, Crawford is now a part time 20 million dollar bust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!!:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. We are in uncharted waters, and sinking fast. I wonder if management encouraged Tito to pull this stunt? Also, Crawford is now a part time 20 million dollar bust.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

However, I believe it is all fixable and fixable for a strong 2013 season.

However, Mgt thinks that staying the course is the best solution.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!!:
    [QUOTE]According to multiple tweets, Terry Francona is holding court in the middle of the Red Sox clubhouse, surrounded by former players and coaches. Francona is working Sunday's game. This appears to be a breach of etiquette, for any former manager to do. Of course, Pedroia is one of those fawning over Tito. To add to this, Carl Crawford is benched, not because CC is on the mound, but the training staff doesn't want him to play more than four times a week! This is contrary to how Valentine has been playing him. One hand not knowing what the other is doing.

About Francona, this is an example of making trouble out of nothing. OK fine, it's a breach of etiquiette for a former manager etc. etc.  ... 

But it's very common for the announcers doing the Sunday game to be in the clubhouse during media availablility to talk to the players. Just because Francona used to be the manager of the team, it doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to do his job.

I'm sure he was also or will be in the Yankees' clubhouse. And I'm sure he was in the clubhouse of every other team prior to doing the Sunday telecast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]According to multiple tweets, Terry Francona is holding court in the middle of the Red Sox clubhouse, surrounded by former players and coaches. Francona is working Sunday's game. This appears to be a breach of etiquette, for any former manager to do. Of course, Pedroia is one of those fawning over Tito. To add to this, Carl Crawford is benched, not because CC is on the mound, but the training staff doesn't want him to play more than four times a week! This is contrary to how Valentine has been playing him. One hand not knowing what the other is doing.

i have no problem with him visiting...conspiracy theory, i think not....tito is too classy to interfere that way

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

"Carl is on a four-day program. It seemed better to play him the next four days, all against right-handers,'' Valentine said.

Limiting Crawford to four-game stretches is the plan of upper management and the medical staff. Wrist and elbow problems sidelined the outfielder until July 16, and the goal is to avoid a relapse.

So why did Valentine play Crawford for six straight days after he was activated?

"I did a manager no-no thing - I went against what I was told to do. Never again,'' Valentine said.

The four-day rule was to be imposed as soon as Crawford was activated, and the manager knew it.

"I did the veto-power thing, (saying) 'who says he's not playing?' '' Valentine said.

Whether the four-day limit is a good idea can be debated by medical experts. The way Crawford's situation is being handled, though, is bound to add to a growing pile of questions about whether Valentine is operating as an island, disconnected from the organization until forced to comply.

At the very least, it conveys the image of a team whose players, coaches, front office and manager are all going in different directions.

That image was fueled in a subtle way Saturday. Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona held court in the clubhouse with a half-dozen players, some of whom were not around when he was the manager.

In its own way, the moment dramatized the cohesion and communication that seems lacking now.

Even though the four-day rule is not Valentine's idea, he says he can live with it.

"I'd like to have Carl every day. I'd like to have all my players, but I understand the situation better,'' he said.

The situation is obvious. When Valentine's bosses give a directive, he had better follow it.

Crawford might be available for mid-game moves.

"He could possibly even DH, but I'm not ready to push that envelope yet. I don't think four days and then a day off will last all season - I hope not,'' Valentine said.

It was in effect Saturday, though.

"Playing in Yankee Stadium with the short right field, his success against (Sabathia) - all those things make it a tough decision. That's why I get paid the big bucks,'' Valentine said with another wry grin.

Maybe, but according to the manager, it was not his decision, nor will it be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Francona could talk to players on the field, during batting practice, running or whatever.
    Seems those covering this think it's way out of bounds, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. We are in uncharted waters, and sinking fast. I wonder if management encouraged Tito to pull this stunt? Also, Crawford is now a part time 20 million dollar bust.

Where is he going to hit, on days medical staff says its ok, when Ortiz gets back. Pedroia will be moved back to 2 hole. The logical place would be 9 hole, as many teams use this position to act as 2nd lead off hitter. Imagine paying a guy 21 million to bat 9th and who comes out of games because he is considered a liabilty in field, when team is leading in the late innings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!! :    Where is he going to hit, on days medical staff says its ok, when Ortiz gets back. Pedroia will be moved back to 2 hole. The logical place would be 9 hole, as many teams use this position to act as 2nd lead off hitter. Imagine paying a guy 21 million to bat 9th and who comes out of games because he is considered a liabilty in field, when team is leading in the late innings.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

But he's a 5 Tool Player that can beat you in many different ways

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he is killing us everyday AM!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]he is killing us everyday AM!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Believe me I know.  He's the biggest problem with this team.  We need to be able to take his money and re-allocate it to pitching. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Francona could talk to players on the field, during batting practice, running or whatever. Seems those covering this think it's way out of bounds, too.

Bull s h t.

Where do you see that those covering think it's way out of bounds. The media, which Francona is part of, do not talk to players during running or workouts. That's interfering. And except for minor small talk, they don't talk during batting practice.

There are rules for when the media can talk to players, and those are the rules Francona is following.

Like I said -- trying to cause trouble out of nothing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

And Bobby V doesn't have the sack to boot him out. I'm disappointed in Bobby V, I was assured he would not put up with BS and he has smiled and helped himself to heaping servings of it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Could be motivational and/or intentional, either way it can't make things any worse in my opinion.  At best, he was there to visit and hopefully ask the guys to play hard the rest of the way for Bobby.  At the very worst, it could spell the end of Bobby's days in Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

Maybe more news will come out about Tito's visit tomorrow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!! : But he's a 5 Tool Player that can beat you in many different ways
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Can you really count a shovel as one of his tools?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: As If It Couldn't Get Any Weirder!!! :    Where is he going to hit, on days medical staff says its ok, when Ortiz gets back. Pedroia will be moved back to 2 hole. The logical place would be 9 hole, as many teams use this position to act as 2nd lead off hitter. Imagine paying a guy 21 million to bat 9th and who comes out of games because he is considered a liabilty in field, when team is leading in the late innings. Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE] Heis pulled in the 7th because he could blow out his arm not because of his his defense.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]You know.....it's one thing for Francona to be in the Sox clubhouse to conduct interviews and talk about the game for the network........but to then take a whirlpool bath with Pedroia?......that's out of line. -------------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Fool  
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]