as predicted, ACE = ACE!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: as predicted, ACE = ACE!

..."but who would want a troublemaker?"That's the common reply here as you well know Imagy. I have liked Aceves and was hoping at sometime the Sox could trade for him when he was a Yankee. Time will tell if the fans change or not. I have a feeling he will stay around unless they can option him and bring him back , without having to wait 10 days, if Buch goes on the DL. It would seem if they date Buch's DL stay back to the original injury date they should date  it  back by Sat.

Rubby , I think, is scheduled to start tonight for AAA and he was an option for Sun if Buch is pushed back. They also have Webster and a AA guy on the 40, Britton, that should be due for another start Sun or Mon.

Lester could use a another day to get back on schedule--so maybe RDLR, Webster or Britton will get a shot in Baltimore  or when they get home next week.

It's great for the Sox and Aceves that he has options.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Imagy--who are some of the "...tons of teams that can appreciate and use a guy like Ace?"

I agree with you there are teams that could use him--I'm not sure who they are and what they would be willing to part with to get him.

Keep in mind Drew saved his bacon with the double play with runners on first and third--it could have been a different outcome. 

Don't get me wrong he pitched well, and personally, I think his greatest benefit to the Sox is his flexibility. He could probably throw three innings of relief Fri. in Baltimore and start one of the games in the D'header , Tues I think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hate to bust your bubble, but one game does not an ace make. Which is not to take away from what Aceves did last night. He was exactly what we needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to ImagydFanBoston-Twitter's comment:

I TOLD YA IN MY LES is more thread that ace would be an ace. y? thats what lester cant do consistently any more. go at least 6 and save your bullpen. aceves should be in the rotation at least for felix in a fair world. he's pitching better than 4 out of 5 starters and mortensen. yet he's going to b kicked back down. a mortal would b drinking helock or kicking himself yet this man plays along without beep. yet some jabros cant get over his past. this is a team player to the umph degree! he better be in the plans for next year or lined up for a major trade with Drew. i'm sure there are tons of teams that can appreciate and use a guy like this.

No doubt he is a talented pitcher. Too bad he is a airhead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Mr. Farrell, I think there is a glass door in front of me.   LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Aceves is not an ace...seriously? 6IP 4H 1R 4BB 3K 1HR 84Pit. Thats good, but once again you are just going over the top. A team player to the umph degree? Hes been a head case and threw his team under the bus just this year. He has one final arb year next year and maybe hes smart enough to shut his pie hole and do what is aked of him. I believe this last demotion has smarted him up a little.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts