Has Softy been right about one thing this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

As Softy been right about one thing this season?

Demspter stinking nope

Carp stinking nope

JBJ out peforming Nava nope

JBJ being a game charger nope

JBJ not needing AAA nope

The Red Sox struggling nope

I think he should put this is his creepy BDC notebook. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Has Softy been right about one thing this season?

Ive noted that he has a losing record and is winless so far this season with his predictions.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Good thread......  I'll take note of it as well......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Not so far.  But remember, the goalposts are now clearly established in the "dog days".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's a little too early for "I told you so" threads.

If April was all that counted, I could agree....small sample size on Dempster and Carp, we've seen Nava go on a tear before , for short stretches.

I hate to put a wet blanket on your post, but at least wait until July, before starting the "I told you so" threads.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

If April was all that counted, I could agree....small sample size on Dempster and Carp, we've seen Nava go on a tear before , for short stretches.

I hate to put a wet blanket on your post, but at least wait until July, before starting the "I told you so" threads.

The thing is though Zilla, if the Sox were off to a poor start, Softy and the other naysayers would be in here pounding the team and the optimists like crazy.  So this is just 'turnabout is fair play'. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The thing is though Zilla, if the Sox were off to a poor start, Softy and the other naysayers would be in here pounding the team and the optimists like crazy.  So this is just 'turnabout is fair play'. 

It's always too early for optimism, but never too early to rip the team....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I guess I'm out of the loop when it comes to the drama among many regulars here.

I prefer commenting on what happens on the field, rather than what happens in the minds of other posters.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I never put him on ignore because he isn't an idiot.  He just has his own take on things, and sometimes his points are valid.  Yesterday I asked him point blank how he sees this team finishing, and I think he said 86-91 wins, which is not unreasonable.  He says April doesn't make a season, and we all agree with that.  He likes Iglesias and Bradley, and so do most of the rest of us, but we're willing to be patient and think the current guys are doing OK. 

The fundamental disagreement seems to be over Ben Cherington (and before him Theo Epstein), both of whom softy thinks were and are incompetent.  He believes everything they've done is wrong.  Consequently, he feels obligated to attack almost every player on the current team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Demspter stinking nope

Carp stinking nope

JBJ out peforming Nava nope

JBJ being a game charger nope

JBJ not needing AAA nope

The Red Sox struggling nope

I think he should put this is his creepy BDC notebook. 

Some nice cherry-picking there. You conveniently missed that Softy was 100 percent correct in saying this is the 2013 season.

C'mon -- you're better than that.Tongue Out

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Actually, I agree with you. But it's still fun to see how well the players that he's has ripped are doing so far. And the team for that matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Actually, I agree with you. But it's still fun to see how well the players that he's has ripped are doing so far. And the team for that matter.

Right. He's Mr. I told you so, so  telling a Mister I told you so, "I told you so" adds a little fun to the day.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ive noted that he has a losing record and is winless so far this season with his predictions.

he's worse than the ASTROS.

Now that the astros are out of Boston, you finally admit they are a terrible team.

Did anyone predict that the sox would be doing this well?  I am not doubting the fact, I just don't remember.  Did anyone want jbj to start the season in Pawtucket?  How about Nava, who thought this guy was going to be on fire?  I have always liked him and thought he should have been in fenway more, but never thought he would be having this kind of season.

I never thought this well but I figured if the pitching got right they would win. I was wrong on Nava, and I am so glad I was. See the difference between the board and softy is that most of us love it when we are wrong and things ended up work out better. He doesn't.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Now that the astros are out of Boston, you finally admit they are a terrible team.

Did anyone predict that the sox would be doing this well?  I am not doubting the fact, I just don't remember.  Did anyone want jbj to start the season in Pawtucket?  How about Nava, who thought this guy was going to be on fire?  I have always liked him and thought he should have been in fenway more, but never thought he would be having this kind of season.

terrible enough to beat your YANK-EMS.

intelligent come back. I am not a yankee fan I don't even check their scores unless someone points out that they got whopped.  I saw that the astros only winning picture beat the yankees in the first game of the series.

All I know was that when the astros were here, most of the homers on ths board acted as if the sox were beating up on a first place team.  Now that they have moved on, some now seem to remember just how bad the astros really are.

I don't supposed you'd provide an example.

I think you're full of it.

What you probably got  for a response was that they are a major league team, when you inferred that Ortiz's HRs were somehow not real HR, because it was the Astros.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

terrible enough to beat your YANK-EMS.

intelligent come back. I am not a yankee fan I don't even check their scores unless someone points out that they got whopped.  I saw that the astros only winning picture beat the yankees in the first game of the series.

All I know was that when the astros were here, most of the homers on ths board acted as if the sox were beating up on a first place team.  Now that they have moved on, some now seem to remember just how bad the astros really are.

I don't supposed you'd provide an example.

I think you're full of it.

What you probably got  for a response was that they are a major league team, when you inferred that Ortiz's HRs were somehow not real HR, because it was the Astros.

I never said his homers weren't real just that they came off pitchers with losing records and high era's.  If you have an issue with those facts,then those are you insecurities of which you need to confront.

I am not into going thru threads and coying pasting.  I will leave that for the ms's and miscrickets of the world.  If you don't remember some posters acting as those the astros were a good team, then you are fixated on softy and myself way too much.

I didn't think you could...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The thing that makes Softy unique is that he is totally incapable of admitting that he was wrong about anything.  Not once have I seen him even come close to doing so.  It's an amazing thing.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts