Has Softy been right about one thing this season?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Has Softy been right about one thing this season?

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

softy:

You must be doing something right for all these posters to take an interest in you.  I think fourb's has a disc collection of many of your statements. He seems to be able to find my statements in a minute.

outrageous comments and the ability to attack posters along with irrational comments will get anyone noticed. He has made this into an art form of sorts over the last few years.

southpaw

from what I can see your posts are also free from insults and I usually like what you post.  So when you say softy insults people, I listen.  Perhaps he is returning insults?

The comments insulting posters has gone down since they recently started blocking those posts. He has learned that if he does start attacking posters and insulting them his post will be banned, so he has wised up a bit. Believe me, hes been banned here several times for saying some incredibly disrespectful things over the years.

his avatar says he has been here since 2008.  If you are implying he is using multiple names, I don't see it.  Like me I don't see a lot of people agreeing with him.  Usually this a sign when someone is using multiple names.  Case in point last night when two different posters created new accounts during a discussion, and attacked me the same way in which someone on my blocked list does.

Thats just one of them. hes had a number of names.You can ask most posters here who have been here a while. that was the only one that was never banned for some reason. No need for me to lie JB, just telling you how it is.

Please, I was not suggesting that you are telling a lie. I was just getting an understanding of the situation. I have only been here two years and have not posted all that time.  As I much as it seems that I have been here forever, I spent a lot of time over at the political board.  OK, I will take your word, but I don't see it happening at the present time.

wasnt insinuating that you thought i was lying. My apologies if it came across that way.

You shouldnt be seeing a lot of attacks happening anymore with him, or anyone considering the way the mods are running the board now. Thats a good thing because Im one for a good debate mixed with facts, stats, some opinion and a little emotion. Just cant stand when some resort to attacking others and that kind of stuff. No need for it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

fourb's:

aren't you the intelligent one.  Yes, I was aware of that and I was referencing an experience to me. 

So fourb's, you seem to know everything.  What other posters have come back from the dead?

Numerous accounts on the Pats forum which had been previously banned were reinstated when BDC "upgraded" the forum.  You can ask anyone there.

Thats probably how softy got his name(s) back. I remember he wasnt able to use it for a while. he had softlaw1A, baseballGM, softlaw1, stupidhillbilly, hankwilliamsjr, and about 10 more...I couldnt keep up.

on the old fox site, I had people downloading pictures from my profile and using them as avatars on several accounts.  When you upset people as much as softy and apparently me too, one makes enemies.  Look already, fourb's will make a remark on most of my posts.

I had a person find out my real name when I posted on the fox site.  She would find articles of people getting arrested with my name and post them. So cut me a llittle slack if I defend softy for a while.

If you agree with him theres no reason to not defend him. Some may not agree, but thats fine too. We should just keep it civilized. Unfortunately some here cant do this. (not saying you)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

To clear the air here.... there was a blogger on the Fox site that would copy pictures and paste them but it wasn't a "she."  I had befriended that person, and have long since cut ties when I found out what he was doing. I'll give jackbu that one. It doesn't clear him from the game he was playing on the WCVB site with all his names. Or the fact he accused me of setting up a Twitter account in his name.

Maybe everyone should just drop all this past stuff and move on.  Not directing this at you, but more everyone here. leave the past in the past.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Maybe everyone should just drop all this past stuff and move on.  Not directing this at you, but more everyone here. leave the past in the past.

I will agree to that in a heartbeat, if jackbu can do the same. AND that means not running to another site to bash someone.....and no leaving little bait traps in posts.

I can let it go .....can jackbu?  I've already mended fences with a few. It feels good to admit when you were wrong, and make things right. 

ETA: jack posted before me, I'd just like to add..... the only reason I bring up the past screen name issue is because jack has been caught doing so.... The Twitter thing is annoying to jack because he got caught in a lie. Come clean jack and it's done.

You both just said that it was a good idea, so I will take that as you both agreeing to let it go and move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

jackbu, I no longer trust the first date posted dates anymore.  Partly because people come back on using a different name, but mostly because I have had this screen name since I joined the site in 2007, and it says I have only been here since last August (unless that has changed since my last post).  It still lists all my posts, maybe more.  I don't recall posting that many, and I certainly haven't posted that much since August of last year.

Edit: Just went and counted my posts since 8/11/12, the date it says I joined.  25 posts counting this one.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Softlaw has been right several times, and he has been wrong several times.

The only difference between him and us is that he will deny being wrong to the grave.  If Dempster wins the Cy Young, he would not admit being wrong.  That, in turn, invalidates all the times he was right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Many here are taking pleasure in the presumed miscalculations of the resident whipping boy,

but they're really setting themselves up for some serious payback. If you look at the logic of some of his predictions thie year and then compare them to some of his historic ones, well history is on his side. His favorite target has been Jacoby Ellsbury. Ells has had ONE fantastic year. He doesn't show any sign of repeating it. At 30 years old, the bloom is off his rose. Might he sign for big bucks elsewhere, that's his hope, of course. Waiting to punch that lottery ticket. Look at Ellsbury's similars at baseballreference.com, fine players, but mega millions break the bank? Sorry no. Softy 1 Lynch mob 0.

How about CoCo Crisp? You can argue one side or the other, but if you have CoCo Crisp as your starting CF, you might just win your division, just saying. Softy 2 Lynch Mob 0.

You can ridicule his predictions, and analysis of the current roster, but your betting on the side of Daniel Nava, Mike Carp, and Steven Drew, not exactly the Belmont trifecta.

Bottom line, gloat, if you must, taunt if you will, but be prepared for the other side of the sword.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Many here are taking pleasure in the presumed miscalculations of the resident whipping boy,

but they're really setting themselves up for some serious payback. If you look at the logic of some of his predictions thie year and then compare them to some of his historic ones, well history is on his side. His favorite target has been Jacoby Ellsbury. Ells has had ONE fantastic year. He doesn't show any sign of repeating it. At 30 years old, the bloom is off his rose. Might he sign for big bucks elsewhere, that's his hope, of course. Waiting to punch that lottery ticket. Look at Ellsbury's similars at baseballreference.com, fine players, but mega millions break the bank? Sorry no. Softy 1 Lynch mob 0.

How about CoCo Crisp? You can argue one side or the other, but if you have CoCo Crisp as your starting CF, you might just win your division, just saying. Softy 2 Lynch Mob 0.

You can ridicule his predictions, and analysis of the current roster, but your betting on the side of Daniel Nava, Mike Carp, and Steven Drew, not exactly the Belmont trifecta.

Bottom line, gloat, if you must, taunt if you will, but be prepared for the other side of the sword.

As a spectator, you keep moving your seat to allign with the new goal posts.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Demspter stinking nope

Carp stinking nope

JBJ out peforming Nava nope

JBJ being a game charger nope

JBJ not needing AAA nope

The Red Sox struggling nope

I think he should put this is his creepy BDC notebook. 

Naps is washed up?    NOPE!!!!!

Bailey sucks?  NOPE!

Victorino is done!  NOPE!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This is why he talks about Adam & Steve so much!

At least he has real world experience with this.

Keep it up Stiffy & girlfriends Billy-69 & 67

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It's amusing to read comments "your predictions were wrong", on May 3, 2013.

I'm reminded of:

64, 76, 74, 73"

Correction: It's not comments on "you were wrong..." it's "you were wrong... on everything!" 

The fact that you are wrong on May 3 is indeed temporary and unremarkable. The fact that you have been wrong on EVERY SINGLE THING is rather remarkable. Well done sir!

And of course, at the least we will not have to put up with the "I was right" posts you would not hesitate to be putting up at this point if your predictions had been more accurate. You are, after all, the king of deciding when a small sample size is valid or not. 

At the least, we won't have to put up with your ludicrous "fine Ben Cherington!" junk for a while, so that in itself is a blessing we can all be happy about. 

To be completely fair, there is one thing you currently appear to be somewhat right on: Drew. Having said that, the small sample size you were pointing out may well come back to haunt you there if his current hitting picks up. 

So yeah, there is still a chance you could be even more wrong and lose even a shred of rightness in your 2013 outlook. 

There's also a chance a few things you predicted could pan out, but it's hard to fathom a situation where the board will have to say "softy you were right about this season after all." 

Then again we can expect you to combat this via namecalling, sprinkling of empty political bromides, bizarre references to (homo)sexuality, etc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

And for the record I was wrong about the starting pitching as well, I expected a much more flawed starting pitching staff, and I'm ready to admit it now without pleading for more days to go by...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I guess I'm out of the loop when it comes to the drama among many regulars here.

I prefer commenting on what happens on the field, rather than what happens in the minds of other posters.

This place has changed over the winter.  Posters seem to be at each others throats more.  Maybe because last year was so bad.

It's way too early to say what is and isn't working.  This dicussion should be had around the all start break.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Good post.  Way to early to crow about anything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Good post.  Way to early to crow about anything.

I think you guys might be overlooking something, which is that Softy started his relentless bashing of Sox management and players BEFORE THE SEASON EVEN STARTED.  So it's kind of ironic to be now preaching patience to the 'other side'.  In fact it's hilarious. 

Softy thrives on this stuff.  He needs his daily dose of mud-slinging, and he knows he's going to get it back.  If he's a whipping boy, it might be because he digs S & M.