Has Softy been right about one thing this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Has Softy been right about one thing this season?

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

To clear the air here.... there was a blogger on the Fox site that would copy pictures and paste them but it wasn't a "she."  I had befriended that person, and have long since cut ties when I found out what he was doing. I'll give jackbu that one. It doesn't clear him from the game he was playing on the WCVB site with all his names. Or the fact he accused me of setting up a Twitter account in his name.

Maybe everyone should just drop all this past stuff and move on.  Not directing this at you, but more everyone here. leave the past in the past.

I am all for sticking to this issues as well. I'll even say that I although I don't believe much of what Jackbu states on any given day..he was probably telling the truth about the glitch in the "ignore"feature..since the same thing happened to me. All of a sudden I had several people including JackBu and people I consider friends on "ignore".  I never put people on ignore. To me it's a waste..and it gives me a chance to practice restraint..lol  Anyhow..the glitch seems to be fixed as I can now see the posts of those I consider friends.

I think we should all stop clogging up the forum with personal "junk"..and that's all it is is junk..not worth any of our time. It's one thing to question statements etc..but the attempst to delegitimize posters with accusation of creating multiple ID's to support positions. That's just ludicrous and unproductive.

Jackbu accuses me on a regular basis of being a poster named Andiejean..even though there was overwhelming evidence presented to him by Andiejean..by most of the political board and by the moderators to the contrary. It took me a while..but then I realized that this was simply an attempt to delegitimize my posts on the political forum. He couldn't keep up with me on the matter of actual issues..so he took this tact instead. The bottom line is that I can't control what any poster believes or doesn't believe....none of us can...but we can agree that it does not help one's credibility to make statements that cannot be backed up by facts or stats.

Also..FWIW...I don't believe JackBu has multiple usernames on this site. I am pretty good at identifying his usernames on other sites.I think he wouldn't risk it...in spite of his history. BDC is clearly on top of this site.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

To clear the air here.... there was a blogger on the Fox site that would copy pictures and paste them but it wasn't a "she."  I had befriended that person, and have long since cut ties when I found out what he was doing. I'll give jackbu that one. It doesn't clear him from the game he was playing on the WCVB site with all his names. Or the fact he accused me of setting up a Twitter account in his name.

Maybe everyone should just drop all this past stuff and move on.  Not directing this at you, but more everyone here. leave the past in the past.

I am all for sticking to this issues as well. I'll even say that I although I don't believe much of what Jackbu states on any given day..he was probably telling the truth about the glitch in the "ignore"feature..since the same thing happened to me. All of a sudden I had several people including JackBu and people I consider friends on "ignore".  I never put people on ignore. To me it's a waste..and it gives me a chance to practice restraint..lol  Anyhow..the glitch seems to be fixed as I can now see the posts of those I consider friends.

I think we should all stop clogging up the forum with personal "junk"..and that's all it is is junk..not worth any of our time. It's one thing to question statements etc..but the attempst to delegitimize posters with accusation of creating multiple ID's to support positions. That's just ludicrous and unproductive.

Jackbu accuses me on a regular basis of being a poster named Andiejean..even though there was overwhelming evidence presented to him by Andiejean..by most of the political board and by the moderators to the contrary. It took me a while..but then I realized that this was simply an attempt to delegitimize my posts on the political forum. He couldn't keep up with me on the matter of actual issues..so he took this tact instead. The bottom line is that I can't control what any poster believes or doesn't believe....none of us can...but we can agree that it does not help one's credibility to make statements that cannot be backed up by facts or stats.

Also..FWIW...I don't believe JackBu has multiple usernames on this site. I am pretty good at identifying his usernames on other sites.I think he wouldn't risk it...in spite of his history. BDC is clearly on top of this site.

+1

I think your right and that we should just move on from this point forward and talk some baseball.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

+1

I think your right and that we should just move on from this point forward and talk some baseball.

Truce is null and void.... he didn't last a day.  (See DWTS thread)

just put him on ignore then. sorry, I tried.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Even when Softy is right.....he's still wrong.  Before the season started I was sick of his ramblings about Ellsbury so I made him a little side bet.  Told him I would wager an agreed upon amount of money that Ellsbury would have a better season then Upton (who he fawned over all Winter).  He danced around the bet and wanted to add a million stipulations and wanted to make it a 5 year bet HA!! Well........so far he was right...Upton is CREAMING the ball so far while Ells has been relatively decent.  However he never took the bet.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Even when Softy is right.....he's still wrong.  Before the season started I was sick of his ramblings about Ellsbury so I made him a little side bet.  Told him I would wager an agreed upon amount of money that Ellsbury would have a better season then Upton (who he fawned over all Winter).  He danced around the bet and wanted to add a million stipulations and wanted to make it a 5 year bet HA!! Well........so far he was right...Upton is CREAMING the ball so far while Ells has been relatively decent.  However he never took the bet.....

I too offer wagers to the relentlessly negative posters.  It's amazing how quickly it shuts them up.  One on one gambling is still the last free bastion of capitalism.  It's where money talks and the whiners walk.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

It's a little too early for "I told you so" threads.

If April was all that counted, I could agree....small sample size on Dempster and Carp, we've seen Nava go on a tear before , for short stretches.

I hate to put a wet blanket on your post, but at least wait until July, before starting the "I told you so" threads.

Agreed that it's too soon, but for the past two seasons most Yankee fans had no problem  saying the Sox were done twenty games into the season.  I agree that it's too early to predict, but your post reeks of crabs in a barrel.  It's the best start for the Sox in a long time. 

Beg to differ on Mike Carp.  Maybe you hadn't seen him play before he was in a Sox uni?

There's no "wet blanket".  You posted a realistic look at one team in MLB. 

Now take a look at the Yanks...that's the team that won't be able to keep this up.

Sections
Shortcuts