As Space Warned Let's Wait and see how the rest of the Spring goes before getting carried away on Bradley

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: As Space Warned Let's Wait and see how the rest of the Spring goes before getting carried away on Bradley

Whatever happened to your Red Sox musings thread? I thought you were going to mostly post there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: As Space Warned Let's Wait and see how the rest of the Spring goes before getting carried away on Bradley

In response to carnie's comment:

Whatever happened to your Red Sox musings thread? I thought you were going to mostly post there.

I knew it was too good to be true...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Yet,there's threads being started bashing a pitcher after 1 bad inning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

2 for 4 with double off of a lefty is a struggle??  get your mind straight.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Yet,there's threads being started bashing a pitcher after 1 bad inning.

good point

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Bradley had two of the four RS hits today, so following this logic, what should we do with the rest of the team???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bradley struggled, today, against the Yankees, just like the rest of the team. Better to go with Gomes, everyday, and Nava or Sweeney. Bradley's numbers in AA were poor, and he hasn't even played a game of AAA. AAA is essential in the development of a player.

Most importantly, 6 or 7 years from now, not waiting 11 days could cost the Red Sox 20 million. The reason they paid 10 million for an extra year of control on S. Drew was because they knew they would be saving 20 million on an extra year of control on Bradley. This management teams thinks and plans more than a half a decade in advance.

THIS will SHAKE THE BOARD.........   DAD & BILL-806 do not concur !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

is Jb one of the best players on the team this spring? than i say keep him and play him...give us fans a lil bit of hope...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bradley struggled, today, against the Yankees, just like the rest of the team. Better to go with Gomes, everyday, and Nava or Sweeney. Bradley's numbers in AA were poor, and he hasn't even played a game of AAA. AAA is essential in the development of a player.

Most importantly, 6 or 7 years from now, not waiting 11 days could cost the Red Sox 20 million. The reason they paid 10 million for an extra year of control on S. Drew was because they knew they would be saving 20 million on an extra year of control on Bradley. This management teams thinks and plans more than a half a decade in advance.

You need help. I feel a JU trade-esque melt down coming. Maybe you can be banned 4 times in one day. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If you rate players ability to contribute to the MLB roster on an everyday level after spring training during spring training.  Then I'm very happy you do not work for the F.O.

With that said, JBJ is on the fast track and opening a lot of eyes.  But he was in single A last year. THE ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! basis for saying he makes the roster this year is his spring training stats....that's just ludicrous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bradley has had a wonderful Spring Training, and another good day at the plate today, showing savvy hitting to all fields.  As I said in the same posts in which I said Lets Wait and See, it was sort of good sense to not get carried away with late Feb/early March hitting, but that if he continued to hit through camp, that would carry weight in evaluating where he was at.  He has done so, and I very happily concede that the kid looks great and might be ready to step in and succeed at the major league level.

I already am on record, given Ortiz' injury, as advocating that Bradley break camp with the big club.

I also advocate, barring lightning in a bottle personal performance and team success, that he should be sent down at some point for the 11 games or whatever minimal time, to save the year.  

The fact the I have advocated putting Bradley's ST in perspective and not getting carried away with his ST results is in no way related to my enthusiasm in regards to JBJ, or my hopes that he is the spark this club needs.  It is just good sense.  The fact that you have been on this weird kick to discredit me for recommending a little perspective in the matter is bizarre.

If a few months of AA performance doesn't weight at all to you vs. ST sample, well, I don't what to tell ya, that is just not very sound counselor.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

2 of Boston's 4 hits on the day were Bradley's...  He struggled??

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Amazing how many posters can't grasp satire, which isn't the same as the snarky comments from Space.

Sarcasm != satire

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I already am on record, given Ortiz' injury, as advocating that Bradley break camp with the big club.

No, counselor, you were already on the record that he needed more time in the minors because of his AA numbers. You stated that if he burns it up the rest of the spring, they should wait and not "break camp" with Bradley but wait and make sure another year of control is saved. Another poster came on here and said the CBA loophole allows him to start the year but still get "another year" if he's sent back to AA for 11 more days of the development you say he needs.

You look like a fool, now pretending to be "on board". Your latest nonsense is to start the season with bradley and then make sure to send him back down for at least 11 days. You are still claiming that the bean counting is more important than what Bradley is doing and how the team is doing (though you surely will inject the CYA of "if the team isn't doing that well")

No counselor.  You look like a fool, as usual, for cherry picking people's statements to fit your agenda.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Amazing how many posters can't grasp satire, which isn't the same as the snarky comments from Space.

Sarcasm != satire

Some people don't know what satire is. Make that one person.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So Bradley will be worth $20mill but the only 30/30 player in team history is overpaid at $10mill? Got it...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Bradley better be in the opening day line up.  Especially with all the injuries.  He can only help. The worse thing this organization could do is send him down.  This team needs an influx of youth and enthusiasm to go with the vets they signed for stability. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Ha! Hey look! - its the funniest post Softball ever wrote. I honestly laughed a little...

But, ... Yeah, umm... I'm still gonna go ahead and agree w Spaceman on this Subject. I was leaning 55%-45% that way anyway, But out of spite now it's 60%-40%. ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

No, counselor, you were already on the record that he needed more time in the minors because of his AA numbers. You stated that if he burns it up the rest of the spring, they should wait and not "break camp" with Bradley but wait and make sure another year of control is saved. Another poster came on here and said the CBA loophole allows him to start the year but still get "another year" if he's sent back to AA for 11 more days of the development you say he needs.

You look like a fool, now pretending to be "on board". Your latest nonsense is to start the season with bradley and then make sure to send him back down for at least 11 days. You are still claiming that the bean counting is more important than what Bradley is doing and how the team is doing (though you surely will inject the CYA of "if the team isn't doing that well")

No counselor.  You look like a fool, as usual, for cherry picking people's statements to fit your agenda.

Just glanced at your stats and noticed your odometer is about to flip...

if you havent gotten there yet...make your 10,000 special brother.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts