AS TALK GOES, THIS IS A BIG GAME TONIGHT.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

CLAY BUCK VS. JUSTIN MASTERSON.......  THIS ONE WILL SPEAK VOLUMES !!!    WHAT SAY YOU ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Re: AS TALK GOES, THIS IS A BIG GAME TONIGHT.......

The game is being played just-in time and Clay should be the master-son! Go Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: AS TALK GOES, THIS IS A BIG GAME TONIGHT.......:
    [QUOTE]The game is being player just-in time and Clay should be the master-son! Go Red Sox.
    Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]  CONFUCIOUS SAYYY,  "SON,  YOUUUU FUNNNYYY GUYYYYYY"  !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The Big Payback.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

No bigger than last night's, no bigger than tomorrow night's.

Let's go Red Sox!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]No bigger than last night's, no bigger than tomorrow night's. Let's go Red Sox!!!!!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

right you are in a sense lloyd.  because Francona runs a nice ship and they are one day at a time and all that.  But, you gotta think that the team wants to prove to itself that the April Fiasco on the Lake was just an abberation.  And, from a fans perspective (at least mine), this series Is a little bigger.  Cuz PAYBACK always makes things a little richer.  Oh yeah, now I have Mr. James Brown and the JBs in my head.  Hit me!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

don't expect much tonight. They prolly didnt get into Cleveland til the wee hrs of the morning so their bats could be pretty cold today.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]The Big Payback.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess Red Sox will be coming back to Progressive Field looking for some payback....  Should be a good series!  Although Grady Sizemore, Travis Hafner and pitching phenom Alex White are all on the DL, the Tribe just keeps on winning!  It's been a magical year for them, thus far....  Let's see if you can stop them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

why stop at just tonight Bill? this next 10 days are gonna be a grind. 10 games in a row. Yeah we got the three racehorses going against the tribe but then what's gonna be the stratigy agiainst the tigers? I've got good vibes about this roadtrip. hard to believe that we started out 2-10 and now we're a half a game outta first.........think about it Bill. if we take the first game tonight and the devilrays and the yankees lose, tomorrow morning our red sox will be in 1st place all by themselves.............holy smokes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]why stop at just tonight Bill? this next 10 days are gonna be a grind. 10 games in a row. Yeah we got the three racehorses going against the tribe but then what's gonna be the stratigy agiainst the tigers? I've got good vibes about this roadtrip. hard to believe that we started out 2-10 and now we're a half a game outta first.........think about it Bill. if we take the first game tonight and the devilrays and the yankees lose, tomorrow morning our red sox will be in 1st place all by themselves.............holy smokes!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Justin Masterson will be looking for some payback of his own tonight....  No one likes to get traded....! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 5/23/2011 12:40 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=36a8090552991a5175a567097415fef0&plckUserId=36a8090552991a5175a567097415fef0">
    First: 10/27/2010
    Last: 5/23/2011
    why stop at just tonight Bill? this next 10 days are gonna be a grind. 10 games in a row. Yeah we got the three racehorses going against the tribe but then what's gonna be the stratigy agiainst the tigers? I've got good vibes about this roadtrip. hard to believe that we started out 2-10 and now we're a half a game outta first.........think about it Bill. if we take the first game tonight and the devilrays and the yankees lose, tomorrow morning our red sox will be in 1st place all by themselves.............holy smokes
    hey redneck..Tongue out...get it right, it's the Rays...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]AS TALK GOES, THIS IS A BIG GAME TONIGHT....... posted at 5/23/2011 12:40 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=36a8090552991a5175a567097415fef0&plckUserId=36a8090552991a5175a567097415fef0 " /> Hammah29r2 Posts: 704 First: 10/27/2010 Last: 5/23/2011 why stop at just tonight Bill? this next 10 days are gonna be a grind. 10 games in a row. Yeah we got the three racehorses going against the tribe but then what's gonna be the stratigy agiainst the tigers? I've got good vibes about this roadtrip. hard to believe that we started out 2-10 and now we're a half a game outta first.........think about it Bill. if we take the first game tonight and the devilrays and the yankees lose, tomorrow morning our red sox will be in 1st place all by themselves.............holy smokes
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Indians are 7-2 against your "roughest neighborhood" so far this year.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

This series will be a very good test for us

Playing a good team on the road

Takin 2 of 3 would be a huge boast

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]This series will be a very good test for us Playing a good team on the road Takin 2 of 3 would be a huge boast
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

$49 million payroll and best record in baseball (Indians)....    Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Big game, big series, big week.  The Sox are definitely in the hunt, at long last, but it's still May with well over 100 games to be played.

The Sox are 9-11 on the road, which ain't good.  But they they are 9-5 on the road since losing the first six to Texas and Cleveland. 

The pitching isn't solid by any stretch of the imagination, but Buchholz is a good one to start with.  Then Beckett and Lester.  And, surprise, surprise, Aceves and Wake were better starters than the two they replaced. 

The only two holes in the lineup these days are Pedroia and Crawford, and they are both bound to get back on track. 

Did anyone else notice that Ellsbury took a short lead before attempting to steal 2B last night?  ESPN showed his lead and earlier Lowrie's lead when the lefty was pitching--and Lowrie's lead was bigger. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]why stop at just tonight Bill? this next 10 days are gonna be a grind. 10 games in a row. Yeah we got the three racehorses going against the tribe but then what's gonna be the stratigy agiainst the tigers? I've got good vibes about this roadtrip. hard to believe that we started out 2-10 and now we're a half a game outta first.........think about it Bill. if we take the first game tonight and the devilrays and the yankees lose, tomorrow morning our red sox will be in 1st place all by themselves.............holy smokes!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]  YOUR MISSING MY POINT......  THIS IS ALL ABOUT JUSTIN MASTERSON ( THE GUY THAT WE GAVE UP FOR V-MART) GOING AGAINST FORMER T-MATE/MINOR LEAGUE  CLAY BUCK.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

If Masterson and trading him for V-Mart is the key to this thread, count me out.  I wish Theo had kept him, but that's in the past.  Tonight job one is to win.  If Masterson pitches great but still loses, that's fine with me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Oh I get what your saying Bill! your point is well taken...........

and as for you jetes...........you can jump up and bite my (_l_)!!!!!!!Tongue outWink

they'll always be the "devilrays" to me..........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

No such thing as a big game in May. Sox are right where they need be and they just need to keep heading in same direction they have been and it will all work out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I get what your saying Bill! your point is well taken........... and as for you jetes...........you can jump up and bite my (_l_)!!!!!!! they'll always be the "devilrays" to me..........
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]Yell Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

In talk, you could argue this is a big game/series, in reality, the Bruins have a big game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JUST WHAT I WAS AFRAID OF......  MASTERSON HOLDING OUR VAUNTED OFFENSE WITH HIS SINKER BALL....  HOW COME WE CAN'T GET PITCHERS LIKE THAT ???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]  JUST WHAT I WAS AFRAID OF......  MASTERSON HOLDING OUR VAUNTED OFFENSE WITH HIS SINKER BALL....  HOW COME WE CAN'T GET PITCHERS LIKE THAT ???
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    The Sox had him beat, and then THE FRANCONA FACTOR kicked in. Many fans didn't notice the Cleveland manager doing cartwheels when Francona removed Buch. Then he stood and faced Francona in the Sox dugout and saluted him. If you could read lips, you'd have seen that Cleveland's skipper said "Thank You" to Francona. Later, in his press conference, he said that he was becoming concerned that the "FACTOR" wasn't going to happen. He also said that he and his team voted on who should get the game ball. They had the ball boy take it over to Francona!  In fact they even wrote on it for him.  Their message was...
    THANKS IDIOT!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AS TALK GOES, THIS IS A BIG GAME TONIGHT....... : The Sox had him beat, and then THE FRANCONA FACTOR kicked in. Many fans didn't notice the Cleveland manager doing cartwheels when Francona removed Buch. Then he stood and faced Francona in the Sox dugout and saluted him. If you could read lips, you'd have seen that Cleveland's skipper said "Thank You" to Francona. Later, in his press conference, he said that he was becoming concerned that the "FACTOR" wasn't going to happen. He also said that he and his team voted on who should get the game ball. They had the ball boy take it over to Francona!  In fact they even wrote on it for him.  Their message was... THANKS IDIOT!
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

At least this post showed some originality and wit and not your normal boring drivel.