As the Boston Dirt Dogs would say, "Lester is Lesterible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

As the Boston Dirt Dogs would say, "Lester is Lesterible

The Peavy deal looks better every day I see Dempster and Lester pitch. This outing was a disgrace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: As the Boston Dirt Dogs would say,

You're an interesting psychological study.  You seem to come in here every night to complain about a different Red Sox player.  Is part of a normal rountine?  Grab a glass of whine, sit down at the computer, pick a RS player to complain about?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Although I agree that Lester hasnt been that great overall, but hes not been as bad as some here are saying.

23games 13 with 3 runs or less 9 of those less than 3 and 3 shutouts.

He obviously had a bad night and from what I noticed, didnt seem to have a feel for the change up that hes been so successful with the last 4-5 games. he was using the cutter again and got burned.

last 5 games 31.2IP 10ER 31K

Hopefully this was a bump in the road since hes been doing very well this month

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Although I agree that Lester hasnt been that great overall, but hes not been as bad as some here are saying.

23games 13 with 3 runs or less 9 of those less than 3 and 3 shutouts.

He obviously had a bad night and from what I noticed, didnt seem to have a feel for the change up that hes been so successful with the last 4-5 games. he was using the cutter again and got burned.

last 5 games 31.2IP 10ER 31K

Hopefully this was a bump in the road since hes been doing very well this month

More likely a bump in the road. End of the day as Lester continues to work on reinventing himself...there will be games were his command is off and he gets hit hard...last night he struggled with putting guys away after getting ahead in the count and left a few balls out over the plate that got hit hard. Not sure exactly how many foul balls they hit last night when they were behind in the count but it did account for a ton of his overall pitches. To me that a sign that his command was off, even when he made what looked to be a good pitch they got a piece of it. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

just a thought, but for years it seems everytime a new player is brought in, current players in those particular positions start pressing cause they dont know how it affects their status. In this case Peavy comes in and who goes to the pen, etc. Farrell needs to make it clear up front that this is what we going with, so relax and do your job. Dempster especially prob went into his game figuring without a quality start, he would be the odd man out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to sundvl20's comment:

just a thought, but for years it seems everytime a new player is brought in, current players in those particular positions start pressing cause they dont know how it affects their status. In this case Peavy comes in and who goes to the pen, etc. Farrell needs to make it clear up front that this is what we going with, so relax and do your job. Dempster especially prob went into his game figuring without a quality start, he would be the odd man out

The odd man out is more likely Workman. Who has exceeded all expectation in his three starts and has earned the chance to stay with club. The question for Cherington and Farrel is do they send Workman back to AAA to keep him stretched out or have him work out of the pen. Dempsters a pro and has been around long enough to know how things work at this time of the year. I doubt that the acquisition of Peavy had anything to do with his struggles the other night or Lester last night. I'm pretty certain that Farrel has already communicated the plan moving forward with all of those effected by the Peavy acquisition..the only question that remains unanswered is what do they do if and when Buccholz returns...a bridge they likely won't have to cross until September. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Actually, as a pitcher, Lester is very predictable !!   Never keeps hitters off balance, when was the last time you saw that ????

5 days ago?  You should watch some RS games once in a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Actually, as a pitcher, Lester is very predictable !!   Never keeps hitters off balance, when was the last time you saw that ????

Spot on !!! Lester is not fooling anyone. Looks like pitches are flat and very little movement. What is a good fastball when anyone can hit it. What is a curve ball with no movemet or lies flat. Very predictable and very hitable. I think Lester is going to have more bad games then good and hopefully they can dump him at seasons end.Hope they do same for Buch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Spot on !!! Lester is not fooling anyone. Looks like pitches are flat and very little movement. What is a good fastball when anyone can hit it. What is a curve ball with no movemet or lies flat. Very predictable and very hitable. I think Lester is going to have more bad games then good and hopefully they can dump him at seasons end.Hope they do same for Buch

[/QUOTE]

Lester + Buch = 19-6

Rest of team = 46-40

If you don't mind 3rd place, then it is a reasonable strategy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Lester worst start of the season was last night. I don't put two much stock in it of his recent run of outings. I think if next start he does fine, you just chalk this up to a bad day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

Lester + Buch = 19-6

Rest of team = 46-40

If you don't mind 3rd place, then it is a reasonable strategy.

Still like the useless stat of W-L record to judge a pitcher's performance? Complaining about certain players is warranted when their performance stinks. Like Lester: ERA: 4.52 this year. Some here have referred to Dempster as a #5 SP, and his ERA is 4.54. So what does that make Lester? As I have said, he is a borderline #4 SP right now, and I don't expect him to improve. Why should I?  Look at his track record for TWO YEARS!

Sections
Shortcuts