AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING...

Most of our hitters are not adept at adjusting to off-speed pitches. If you notice on 2-0 counts, guys gear up for the FB and swing regardless of what the pitch is or it's location.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING...

Eh, it will happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I've said it on another thread and fivekatz said it on still another. 

Every so often, maybe we need to give just a little credit to the other team's pitching staff.  Heck, they struck out the great Adrian Gonzalez three times, and he didn't look very good during any one of those at bats.  Like Crawford, I might add, he too swung at a curve ball in the dirt. 

The KC pitching was stellar, the Sox hitting with RISP was snakebit, and the Sox still took it to 14 before succumbing.  Lester and the bullpen were great, but the best hitting lineup in MLB just couldn't deliver.  It happens. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING...:
    I've said it on another thread and fivekatz said it on still another.  Every so often, maybe we need to give just a little credit to the other team's pitching staff.  Heck, they struck out the great Adrian Gonzalez three times, and he didn't look very good during any one of those at bats.  Like Crawford, I might add, he too swung at a curve ball in the dirt.  The KC pitching was stellar, the Sox hitting with RISP was snakebit, and the Sox still took it to 14 before succumbing.  Lester and the bullpen were great, but the best hitting lineup in MLB just couldn't deliver.  It happens. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

totally agree with you max. that kid didn't look like he had lost his last 8 starts did he eh?  but hey, guess what? in about 6 hours we get to get em back.
    GO SOX.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING...:
    I've said it on another thread and fivekatz said it on still another.  Every so often, maybe we need to give just a little credit to the other team's pitching staff.  Heck, they struck out the great Adrian Gonzalez three times, and he didn't look very good during any one of those at bats.  Like Crawford, I might add, he too swung at a curve ball in the dirt.  The KC pitching was stellar, the Sox hitting with RISP was snakebit, and the Sox still took it to 14 before succumbing.  Lester and the bullpen were great, but the best hitting lineup in MLB just couldn't deliver.  It happens. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

What?  Credit the opposition's pitching?  BDC blasphemy!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

In general, KC's pitching is abyssmal. Just one of those strange games for the Sox.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING... :    MAYBE IT WAS THE RAIN DELAY, OR MAYBE OUR BELOVED RED SOX THOUGHT THAT THIS SERIES WILL BE A "WALK IN THE PARK" !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

or, maybe they just lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING... : or, maybe they just lost.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

There's losing a game and giving one away... I believe last night's was a give away. KC was begging to lose and The Sox (Crawford, Scutaro, and Tito ) wouldn't let them.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what's with the CAPS?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

what's with the CAPS?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

User Image

Ms Lithium

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: AS THE GAME GOT LATE, IT LOOKED LIKE WE WERE TRYING TO END IT WITH ONE SWING... :   There's losing a game and giving one away... I believe last night's was a give away. KC was begging to lose and The Sox (Crawford, Scutaro, and Tito ) wouldn't let them.
    Posted by ALaGatorAL

Yes.  Agreed.  But many losses are giveaways.  Blown opportunities and bad plays are the usual culprits in losses other than just being shut down (some might argue last night was such a night as well) or blown out.  I just don't see how that was any worse than other losses.  they all s&*k.  And there is always blame to go around and missed opportunities to rue.  They aren't supposed to be pleasant.  But they happen.  A lot.  To even the very best clubs.  Its baseball.  Back at 'em tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What giveaway?  I watched a game in which the KC starting pitcher was amazingly effective despite a rotten ERA.  He had no problem, for example, striking out AGon, who was one of the guys swinging at pitches in the dirt.  You know, AGon, the guy who leads MLB in rbi's and the American League in batting average.  That guy.  Plus the KC bullpen rolled out a bunch of guys with low ERA's, suggesting they just might know what they are doing. 

The Sox were 1 for 11 with RISP, something that has happened other times this year. 

Naysayers like bill-806 seem to agree with bosox1941 and georom that the Sox simply should not lose a game and that somehow every loss is a giveaway.  I disagree. 

On another thread someone pointed out that neither AGon nor Ortiz have hit a dinger since they participated in the home run derby.    

Sections
Shortcuts