1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: As the Sun Sets on another Sox Season

I must have pulled a Rip VanWinkle. Is it mid-September already? May as well forfeit the rest of the rest of the schedule. Geeez!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

It does my heart good to see posts like this one. I have honestly spent my entire life with the belief that we women are much more dramatic than men. That is..until I started reading this Red Sox forum. Honestly...it's kinda funny from my perspective to see the angst and drama...the doom and gloom predictions.

It is May 15th. The sun has barely risen on the Red Sox at this point. There will be plenty of time for doom and gloom posts after the All Star break. A few weeks ago the Sox were in first place. Now..they are decidedly not. One thing we've seen time and time again..is that things change quickly in baseball. I prefer to wait until after the break to start evaluating the season. It's too early.

It seems like our pitching has been inconsistent for years. If I am wrong..I am sure someone will correct me...but I think the pitching looks more promising than it did last year. I don't expect much from the Sox this year. To me..this is the rebuilding year that should have taken place last year. However..I am willing to give them at least half a season before I declare them finished.

I can tell you 100% that MEN are more dramatic than woman, you shoud hear the soap opera that goes on where I work.... and most of these guys are truck drivers. They b*tch and moan more than any Diva. I say it all the time.....you want a really good "reality" series, film these guys.

Most days I work from home....so the entertainment value of the days I go in, is well worth the trip.

That is really too funny. Who knew?? Most of the guys in my life are not really dramatic at all so this is quite an eye opener..lol.

If you really want to see something funny...watch Felger and Mazz on CSN. I usually listen to them on the ride home..but sometimes my son is watching the show when I get home..talk about drama and angst!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It does my heart good to see posts like this one. I have honestly spent my entire life with the belief that we women are much more dramatic than men. That is..until I started reading this Red Sox forum. Honestly...it's kinda funny from my perspective to see the angst and drama...the doom and gloom predictions.

It is May 15th. The sun has barely risen on the Red Sox at this point. There will be plenty of time for doom and gloom posts after the All Star break. A few weeks ago the Sox were in first place. Now..they are decidedly not. One thing we've seen time and time again..is that things change quickly in baseball. I prefer to wait until after the break to start evaluating the season. It's too early.

It seems like our pitching has been inconsistent for years. If I am wrong..I am sure someone will correct me...but I think the pitching looks more promising than it did last year. I don't expect much from the Sox this year. To me..this is the rebuilding year that should have taken place last year. However..I am willing to give them at least half a season before I declare them finished.

I can tell you 100% that MEN are more dramatic than woman, you shoud hear the soap opera that goes on where I work.... and most of these guys are truck drivers. They b*tch and moan more than any Diva. I say it all the time.....you want a really good "reality" series, film these guys.

Most days I work from home....so the entertainment value of the days I go in, is well worth the trip.

Ive found that its pretty even across the board. Ive met just as many dramatic men as I have women...Just dramatic about different things is all.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

That is really too funny. Who knew?? Most of the guys in my life are not really dramatic at all so this is quite an eye opener..lol.

If you really want to see something funny...watch Felger and Mazz on CSN. I usually listen to them on the ride home..but sometimes my son is watching the show when I get home..talk about drama and angst!!

Haahaaa .... I love Felger and Mazz,  they crack me up. Felger and Tony A. after the game the other night was priceless.

The drama that is going on presently where I work, would win GH a daytime Emmy! Not even kidding.

I saw the clip of that. Did you see Felger..? I think he was honestly afraid. I don't think Felger really likes people..lol

I feel bad for you with all that drama. I work with mostly women and I hate..and I mean hate the drama. Most  days I just shut my office door for peace..lol

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

wow Pumps, on May 15th ??

Hi Jete, this is actually about a week later than Pumpsie usually calls the season.  ;-)

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Well, it sure was fun, wasn't it? Most of us were just giddy over the great start this team had in April. We were even in first place for a while. But now our annual migration to the cellar has begun in earnest again, this year a little earlier than most. Unfortunately all the other ALE teams are more talented than the Red Sox are. Why are we headed south again? Same reason the Bankees are in first place: PITCHING. As of this morning our team ERA is in NINTH place in the AL; the Bankees are in SECOND place. The Orioles have better pitching than we do, and they are ahead of us in the standings. The Rays will soon be better than us both in ERA and in the standings, and the Jays are beginning to make their move too. Its not the hitting, contrary to what some here might believe: we are THIRD in OPS in the AL, and the Bankees are in SEVENTH in OPS. Why are they leaving us in the dust-AGAIN? One word: PITCHING.

Cool. Go away.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I can see the handwriting on the wall Jete. Just like last year. When you don't have the talent its hard to compete over a full season. I am sticking with my original prediction: about 81 wins, no better than fourth place.

And I'm sticking with my original prediction that you're afraid to bet on YOUR prediction.

How about it?  A little tag bet on whether or not they play > .500?

Or you have no confidence in YOUR prediction?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Hi Jete, this is actually about a week later than Pumpsie usually calls the season.  ;-)

In all fairness, Pumpsie waited until July, 2007 to call the RS the biggest chokers in history.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'm not giddy, after tonight. I'm sticking with my original "thin bubble playoff team that isn't a contender and would exceed my expectations with it's first playoff win in a half a decade. 86 to 90 wins, which isn't bad with what manager John is working with.

Thats what I predicted 85-90 wins. Good win tonight. they needed it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I can see the handwriting on the wall Jete. Just like last year. When you don't have the talent its hard to compete over a full season. I am sticking with my original prediction: about 81 wins, no better than fourth place.

And I'm sticking with my original prediction that you're afraid to bet on YOUR prediction.

How about it?  A little tag bet on whether or not they play > .500?

Or you have no confidence in YOUR prediction?

You want to bet, go to Las Vegas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Yeah, I would have done it a week ago but my brother was out visiting and I didn't have time. I am not "calling the season over". What I am saying is that WHEN the season IS over we will have about 81 wins, +/- 3, and finish in fourth place in the ALE. Thats a huge improvement over last year. Hopefully next year we will improve even more and in 2015 actually compete for a ring, if they play their cards right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

PG..What did you think of my assesment that I wrote above on this page? I think its pretty realistic with numbers to back it up.

Here is what you wrote:

We have a solid 1-2 and so far we have a very dependable #3. Dempster has done very well despite the record. lack of run support has killed him. I have little faith in our #4 and #5 though. I disagree that our pitching is even close to as terrible as it was last year. Im not sure how you can say that when all the numbers discredit your opinion.

1-3 starters

W-L 13-4 24 starts, just under a 3 ERA  159.1 IP (6.2avg) 113H  47ER  166K 1.05 WHIP batter have a .200BA against them. ( record could easily be 15-2 with some runs support in 2 Demp starts)

I agree about Lester and Buchholtz. They seem to be pitching well so far. Much depends on if they can stay healthy. Bucky in particular has a history of getting hurt. If they can stay healthy all year (a tall order) it would certainly help our cause. Dempster I am not sold on yet. I do not trust him. I think he is going to implode as the season progresses.

4-5 starters

W-L 4-5  5.20 ERA  11 starts  59IP ( just under 5.1 IP per start) 74H  35ER  62K  1.62 WHIP  batters hitting .300 against them, (Doubront could easily be 1-3 if not for good run support)

You have to admit, Doubront and Lackey have stunk so far. And who is behind them for "depth"? These two have to really pick up their game for us to have any chance at the playoffs.

As of late, offensively we havent had the timely hits needed to win. Simple as that. Ebbs and flows of a long year. Too many K's as well. Injuries to the pen have made that look worse than it really is.

Thats what the 1st 3 months are for in a season. Identifying your needs and then changing what needs to change. They have the $$, depth and prospects if they need to make a move. Im not going to panic though just because of a bad 2 weeks filled with injuries and a couple sub par performances.

Good pitching by our opponents has prevented us from getting timely hits until tonight. Yes, the K's are a problem. Who do YOU see as striking out less? And the injuries are part of the game. I am never going to use injuries as an excuse. Look at the roster: WMB is has not proven himself yet; Ellsbury is having an off year; Gomes and Carp and Ciriaco are not good players. There are too many gaps to fill in during one season. Its a two or three season job IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'm not giddy, after tonight. I'm sticking with my original "thin bubble playoff team that isn't a contender and would exceed my expectations with it's first playoff win in a half a decade. 86 to 90 wins, which isn't bad with what manager John is working with.

Wow......  I....  I.... I....  I actually agree with you 0_o;;;

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well, it sure was fun, wasn't it? Most of us were just giddy over the great start this team had in April. We were even in first place for a while. But now our annual migration to the cellar has begun in earnest again, this year a little earlier than most. Unfortunately all the other ALE teams are more talented than the Red Sox are. Why are we headed south again? Same reason the Bankees are in first place: PITCHING. As of this morning our team ERA is in NINTH place in the AL; the Bankees are in SECOND place. The Orioles have better pitching than we do, and they are ahead of us in the standings. The Rays will soon be better than us both in ERA and in the standings, and the Jays are beginning to make their move too. Its not the hitting, contrary to what some here might believe: we are THIRD in OPS in the AL, and the Bankees are in SEVENTH in OPS. Why are they leaving us in the dust-AGAIN? One word: PITCHING.

One season does not make a trend, unless you're talking about your living situation and you actually do live in your mother's basement.  Perhaps the plural, first person pronoun "our" includes your pet snake.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

Pumpsie, 

As usual I expect from you the usual negative stuff. What did you expect this rebuilding season. You may not like some of the players the Sox picked up but without giving away the farm system what did you expect !! And what is our annual migration to the cellar. During the years that Tito was here this team averaged around 90 wins per year. The end for Tito was a disaster but prior to that this team never had an annual migration to the cellar. Stop being an over dramatic fabricating troll. 

bizarre funny ass

Hetch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pumpsie, 

As usual I expect from you the usual negative stuff. What did you expect this rebuilding season. You may not like some of the players the Sox picked up but without giving away the farm system what did you expect !! And what is our annual migration to the cellar. During the years that Tito was here this team averaged around 90 wins per year. The end for Tito was a disaster but prior to that this team never had an annual migration to the cellar. Stop being an over dramatic fabricating troll. 

bizarre funny ass

Hetch

What did you expect this rebuilding season.

I expected what I am getting. At least you admit its a rebuilding season. Thats progress!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

One season does not make a trend, unless you're talking about your living situation and you actually do live in your mother's basement.  Perhaps the plural, first person pronoun "our" includes your pet snake.    

A retired pediatrician living in his mothers basement?  I doubt it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

A retired pediatrician living in his mothers basement?  I doubt it.

Hetch got carried away. My mom passed away in 1985. This is not a Hitchcock movie.