Assorted Sox Outfielders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Assorted Sox Outfielders

Rudy Pemberton, Milt Cuyler, Herb Winningham, Bernard Gilkey, Darren Lewis, Ernest Riles, Darnell McDonald, Daniel Nava, Bob Zupcic, Kevin Romine, Alex Cole, Jose Malave, Midre Cummings, Dwayne Hosey, Jeff Stone (i think he won a game once for Sox with an extra-inning walkoff), Randy Kutcher, Lee Tinsley,
    Jeff McNeely, Wes Chamberlain, Greg Blosser, Wayne Housie (no different from Hosey, bizarre name resemblance), Benny Agbayani, Tuffy Rhodes, Willie McGee (yes the all-star), Ron Mahay (yes before he became a pitcher, i saw him homer at Anaheim as a CF), Mark Whiten (4 homer guy), Matt Stairs, Kevin Mitchell (yeah, him too), Lee Graham, Chico Walker, Michael Coleman, Jesus Tavarez....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

Re: Assorted Sox Outfielders

Cool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Here's a few more going back to the 1970s.

Beniquez, Rick Miller, Billy Conigliaro, Andy Kosco, George Thomas, Joe Lahoud, Sam Bowen, Dave Coleman, Bobby Darwin, Gary Hancock, Tom Poquette, Jim Dwyer, Reid Nichols, Brady Anderson, Jeff Stone

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

hey Jeff Stone was already mentioned...don't be taking my Stoney, the man is a legend..one walkoff hit and forever enshrined in my Sox Nobody Hall of Fame.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Assorted Sox Outfielders:
    [QUOTE]hey Jeff Stone was already mentioned...don't be taking my Stoney, the man is a legend..one walkoff hit and forever enshrined in my Sox Nobody Hall of Fame.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Whoops. Missed that one. I had guys like Randy Kutcher and a couple of others that I ended up erasing after double-checking your list and seeing you already had them.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Mahay was a replacement player as an outfielder...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1975-2000:
    Dave Coleman, Sam Bowen, Tom Poquette, Jim Dwyer, Reid Nichols, Lee Graham, Steve Lyons, Kevin Romine, Mike Stenhouse, LaSchelle Tarver, Dave Sax, Ed Romero, Carlos Quintana, Dana Williams, Danny Heep, Billy Jo Robidoux, Phil Plantier, Mike Marshall, Bob Zupcic, Ivan Calderon, Rob Deer, Jeff McNeely, Dwayne Hosey, Tuffy Rhodes, Milt Cuyler, Jose Malave, Kevin Mitchell, Alex Cole, Shane Mack, Michael Coleman, Billy Ashley, AND Damon Buford

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sax was a catcher mostly, Romero a SS, Marshall played mostly DH, Calderon mostly DH.....What I laugh at is you can go to pretty much every position and find about 50-75 anonymous guys who came and went, or were Sept. callups, or April callups, or whatever, and the assortment is beyond bizarre...you got former All-Stars, former long-time regulars, up-and-coming fade aways, and utility guys, etc.....2B and SS can make your head spin the way the Sox have slipped guys in and out. ..oh, oh, next thread....Sax i got an autograph from in Oakland when I was about 12...He was part of the Giants baldy catching trio when three catchers decided to shave their heads one season. Anyone remember that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Darren Lewis paid my bill at the nightclub - we hung out a few hours, he was really quiet and polite (probably asking himself "how in the hell did I end up with this guy at my table?")

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

And the point of this thread is.......?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

nostalgia

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Let's not forget Carroll Hardy, the only guy to ever pinch hit for The Kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

Culberson, Leon
    Culberson was the CF who bobbled Harry Walker's drive in the seventh game of the 1946 Series. His subsequent throw was when Pesky held the ball -- as Enos Slaughter scored from first on his "mad dash".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

No one should be putting Jackie Jensen and Jimmy Piersall and Reggie Smith on any list with all those other "forgetables". Those three were all excellent outfielders.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Assorted Sox Outfielders:
    [QUOTE]1975-2000: Dave Coleman, Sam Bowen, Tom Poquette, Jim Dwyer, Reid Nichols, Lee Graham, Steve Lyons, Kevin Romine, Mike Stenhouse, LaSchelle Tarver, Dave Sax, Ed Romero, Carlos Quintana, Dana Williams, Danny Heep, Billy Jo Robidoux, Phil Plantier, Mike Marshall, Bob Zupcic, Ivan Calderon, Rob Deer, Jeff McNeely, Dwayne Hosey, Tuffy Rhodes, Milt Cuyler, Jose Malave, Kevin Mitchell, Alex Cole, Shane Mack, Michael Coleman, Billy Ashley, AND Damon Buford
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Your faster than a Google Search!...LOL...