Assuming Lester is traded, there is no way Management Can Spin This

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Assuming Lester is traded, there is no way Management Can Spin This

We will hear the blah blah blah's from management if and when he's traded. Jon Lester has been the constant face in on the pitching staff since 2006 and he will be traded.

What will this team look like next year?

There is nothing they can say to justify this potential impending move. Nothing. He should have been re-signed.

If they go ahead and get Hamels at $24M, it will be a travesity. He has never pitched well against the AL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Assuming Lester is traded, there is no way Management Can Spin This

They will attempt to spin it their way.  The question is, who will believe it?

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It feels like sort of a showdown between the FO and the fans.  I do expect them to be very busy between now and next Opening Day.  But losing Lester is a bitter pill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Boycott the Bastards

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

They better tread lightly. Lester has handled the entire situation, from spring training until today, with grace and class. He is also a fan favorite and they're angry. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I've said this NUMEROUS times.

The Sox never intended to re-sign Lester.  It's not the way the Sox organization now works.  Their intent is to home-grow, nurture, get to the parent club, play until big money contract time, then cut loose.

Ellsbury was a perfect example.

The Sox want to run their operation like Tampa Bay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox are in “make your best offer now” mode on Lester a rival executive said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

They better tread lightly. Lester has handled the entire situation, from spring training until today, with grace and class. He is also a fan favorite and they're angry. 

Agreed with this.  I get that the Sox may not want to give Lester six years, but if they trade him and try to pin the breakup on him it will be a major b.s. move.  Lester has maintained his composure since this started and has not once tried to make the Sox look bad.  If it's true that the Sox low balled him then Lester has handled himself very well and deserves to be a free agent.   
    [object HTMLDivElement]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If anyone thinks that if Lester is traded that it will affect ticket sales, then those people should go to bed tonight with a tooth under their pillow.

Because of ridiculous salaries because of free agency etc., baseball has evolved into nothing more than an entertaining business.

Get used to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

So many problems with this ordeal. Sorry to rant,  but if it weren't for the class of Lester, this fiasco would've been a helluva lot worse.  FO is practically treating him the same way they did Manny, but he was an obvious issue when that stuff occurred. 

What did Lester ever do but be part of two WS titles and win, win, win against the AL East?  Such a stupid freaking move.  Home town discount or not, signing this man should've been the move right off the bat.  Now they remove the only ace on this team?  Huh?  Is Owen their ace up the sleeve?  Webster? Now they need bats and arms in the offseason. Proven arms.  

It's not even about the perception of whether players take discounts now or not; lock him up without the drama.  Or do it off season.  But none of this dangling the carrot to see what they can get. They're going to end up losing money in the long run, not saving it.  Barely even a noticeable difference for a proven ace in this division.  

B u l l s....I'd be pi**ed if I were season ticket holder. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox have no deal in place with Lester. Told a number of teams are still involved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Lester is traded, forget the Sox winning a title anytime in the next several years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UWhuskiesAJM. Show UWhuskiesAJM's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

If Lester is traded, forget the Sox winning a title anytime in the next several years.

Seriously, calm down folks.  He is 30 years old and has been a great Red Sox.  A 6 year deal at 20-25 mil is absolutely crazy talk.  He will bring a kings ransom and should bring that.  The sox would be stupid to move him if they aren't getting great value back.  Anything less than an elite prospect + others is unacceptable

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Thanks for the memories. You will he forgotten in two years when Owens is dominating the league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Told that the #RedSox, at the moment, do not have a trade proposal they deem satisfactory.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Thanks for the memories. You will he forgotten in two years when Owens is dominating the league.

Like when Bard would be the dominating closer or solid No. 3 SP? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Larry Luchinno, if he makes this deal should be fired. He won't and will spin this off. What a complete clown, but I called it and said that this FO was cheap. I also said they did not have enough hitting in the Spring when they lost Ellsbury and Saltalamachia. Complete idiots. All Cherri goon does it gets Larry Luchinno's coffee. No free agents are going to want to come here. The players also see the actions of this cheapskate FO.

when Lester goes so will a lot of fans. I am saving money on a baseball package as well. It's going to be a long time before this team is competitive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

AL, I thought that in 2012, ironically. Then the Sox got Napoli, Victorino. So I don't know if that will be the final straw or not. I think players love Boston and it kills me that a player who bleeds Sox always seems to the the guy that the Sox don't want to hold on to. It would have been like trading Yaz in his prime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Lester who?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Larry Luchinno, if he makes this deal should be fired. He won't and will spin this off. What a complete clown, but I called it and said that this FO was cheap. I also said they did not have enough hitting in the Spring when they lost Ellsbury and Saltalamachia. Complete idiots. All Cherri goon does it gets Larry Luchinno's coffee. No free agents are going to want to come here. The players also see the actions of this cheapskate FO.

I'd like a dollar for every fan who says "I called it" and "if X leaves, so will a lot of fans."

Lots of people say stuff and fans dont leave.

when Lester goes so will a lot of fans. I am saving money on a baseball package as well. It's going to be a long time before this team is competitive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

If anyone thinks that if Lester is traded that it will affect ticket sales, then those people should go to bed tonight with a tooth under their pillow.

Because of ridiculous salaries because of free agency etc., baseball has evolved into nothing more than an entertaining business.

Get used to it.

Exactly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

We will hear the blah blah blah's from management if and when he's traded. Jon Lester has been the constant face in on the pitching staff since 2006 and he will be traded.

What will this team look like next year?

There is nothing they can say to justify this potential impending move. Nothing. He should have been re-signed.

If they go ahead and get Hamels at $24M, it will be a travesity. He has never pitched well against the AL.

Gordon Edes @GordonEdes
    Two biggest crowds of season at Fenway have been last night and tonight
    3h ago

I don't think management cares.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

Get used to it.

Exactly.

Thanks

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

More than half the fans at Fenway are not Sox fans. 75 percent of the fans at Fenway are tourists/nostalgia buffs who wanted to see Fenway. Remarking that the park is full on any given night has nothing to do with Sox fans in general. People on this board pretty much are Sox fans (some Yankee fans, but ones who are clear as Yank fans) and a lot of us don't go to games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

I'd like a dollar for every fan who says "I called it" and "if X leaves, so will a lot of fans."

Lots of people say stuff and fans dont leave.

I'm sure you're a great guy and a big fan.

I want to ask you a question.  Who do you think runs a better organization?  The Rays or the Red Sox?

If you didn't know, the Rays have about half the salary responsibilities the Sox do.  There is no doubt in my mind that the Rays are the role model for the Sox.  Home grown talent used and then flushed when big contract time comes.

It's business, buddy.  Read my earlier post.

OOPS...not sure this is going to the right person.  If not, please accept my apology.

Sections
Shortcuts