Astros Willing To Trade Hunter Pence-Should Theo be interested?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Astros Willing To Trade Hunter Pence-Should Theo be interested?

How is David Murphy doing this year for the Rangers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wandy rodriguez sucks against the AL, just look at his splits. And he is signed to a bad contract. Brett Myers I believe would not add much to the sox rotation and would cost more than he is worth. Pence obviously is a good fit. But at this point, if we are going to trade those caliber prospects, i would be rather trade them for ubaldo jimenez. He is young, cheap, and throws heat. He would gives us a great 1-4 with lackey being the number 5. And i think he rockies are more serious about dealing him than people seem to think. Why you might ask? Well for starters they are 10 games out of the division and 11 out of the wild card. So it is highly unlikely they will make the playoffs this year. From the looks of things, they are headed into rebuild mode. They plan to rebuild around tulo and cargo who they just gave big contracts to. There farms system is pretty weak and there top prospect is a catcher. Outside of tulo and cargo, ubaldo is the only player they have that would bring in multiple quality prospects. With todd helton likely to retire in the near future they could use a 1st baseman to take over for him, they of course could use a young starter to fill ubaldos spot, a third basemen to take over for wigginton as he is merely a stop gap. Seth smith is no big deal in the outfield so perhaps they could use a replacement for him. And while they have a few good pen guys, they could use one more. So the sox could fill all those needs for them by offering the following package:

ryan kalish (we have reddick, dont him kalish)
    lars anderson (takes over for helton)
    weiland/ranuado/doubront (takes ubaldos spot, except ranuado is a few years away)
    kolbrin vitek/garin checcini (future 3B)

Now an alternate package could be built around will middlebrooks, who i would trade if need be, but i think this trade feels more needs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

A team that is # against LHP in batting renders a RHB still a luxury at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

"If the Sox get to the WS, this lack of right handed hitting will come back to haunt them."

The Red Sox have a .276 BA and .795 OPS against LHP, third best in the AL. It isn't their greatest strength, but neither is it a serious weakness.

Besides, Halladay, Lee, and Hamels have been just as tough against RHH as against LHH over their careers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

"How is David Murphy doing this year for the Rangers?"

Not well. From 2008-2010 he played 374 games, 1414 PA, and proved the ability to hit .278/.339/.453. This year he has disappeared.

Over the same three years, Pence hit .278/.330/.466. Superficially similar, but Pence plays every day and is the better talent. Besides, Pence is continuing to hit this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

wandy rodriguez sucks against the AL, just look at his splits

What, like 120 IP or something?

This guy is better than Lackey, Miller and Wake.