1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: at least lie BUCH, can you imagine ANY scenario where a Tuuka Rusk or CHARA or any hockey player misses a game due to

He had his start pushed back 4-5 nights.  No excuse needed.  Non-story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: at least lie BUCH, can you imagine ANY scenario where a Tuuka Rusk or CHARA or any hockey player misses a game due to

Ted Williams was wrong.  Hitting a round ball with a round bat squarely is not the most difficult skill in sports.  Pitching, especially starting pitching, is.  Buchholz could have pitched, but the manager and GM did not want to take a chance with the longer term consequences of possibly affecting the performance of what just might be the best starter in the AL this year.    As it is, the Sox won with Aceves, a huge surprise.

Right now Buchholz is hands down the team MVP.  Pedroia is having a terrific year and is probably everyone's favorite, but Buchholz right now is gold. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

On second thought, I believe the OP might be satirical in intent--and showing how hockey fans, all neandrathals who go only to see collisions and fights and as little hockey as possible,  look at baseball. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Comparing Hockey players to baseball players is useless.

When my best pitcher feels some discomfort in his throwing shoulder, I push back his start a few days. You say at least start the game and come out when you feel discomfort? Hes ALREADY feeling discomfort genius, so why start him?

Your post is very dramatic at best and getting harder to read everytime. I really wish you would at least stop writing posts like a teenager texting.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

While I get where you're coming from, especially in the case of Ells sitting out months on end because he wasn't 110%, you're way off base & out of your league on this one.  I've pitched & slept on my shoulder the wrong way.  If I had to pitch 95mph all night the next day, I would not want to do it.  In fact, it would be stupid to do so.  You cut off blood flow to the shoulder & entire arm, thus limiting the ability to have a ready to go arm.  Could he have done it?  No doubt he probably could.  Does it increase the likelihood of injury or a poor performance do to lack of touch?  Big time!

An outfielder can ease up on his throws.  A pitcher cannot!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Comparing Hockey players to baseball players is useless.

When my best pitcher feels some discomfort in his throwing shoulder, I push back his start a few days. You say at least start the game and come out when you feel discomfort? Hes ALREADY feeling discomfort genius, so why start him?

Your post is very dramatic at best and getting harder to read everytime. I really wish you would at least stop writing posts like a teenager texting.

It's laziness.

I don't see it improving anytime soon.

I'm rather glad it was deleted before I wasted any time trying to read it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So why does BDC delete the post that  originates the thread but leave the thread?

I know this is off the  topic, but the topic was stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'm sure that at one time or another it was brought up that of all the sports out there, throwing a baseball, especially pitching a baseball up to 100mph is one of the worst feats that a human arm would do. the stresses and the forces that are placed on the shoulder,elbow forarm and hand are off the charts. way back when after the army I pitched in college. I also played alittle park league which was and still is quite competitive. my point is this. I was warming up for a fall baseball game that was being played at harvard stadiums baseball field and tore my rotator cuff. my arm was dead as a doornail. end of pitching career. my uncle who was surgeon explained to me all the above information.

nuff said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

A lot of people like to harken back to the good ol' days when Sandy Koufax et al would pitch 9 or 10 innings with their arms hanging off.

Yes.  Fine.  That was awesome.  And, yes, throwing more surely made arms more durable.

But if you think the good ol' days weren't littered with would-be greats who shot their arms prematurely because they pitched through strains and pains that should have been heeded and cared for, you are kidding yourself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

A lot of people like to harken back to the good ol' days when Sandy Koufax et al would pitch 9 or 10 innings with their arms hanging off.

Yes.  Fine.  That was awesome.  And, yes, throwing more surely made arms more durable.

But if you think the good ol' days weren't littered with would-be greats who shot their arms prematurely because they pitched through strains and pains that should have been heeded and cared for, you are kidding yourself.

ah yes spacebro my friend. the good ol days. the days of orange atomic bomb before pitching. now a days you see these guys talking at the podium with their shoulders totally rapped and iced to the max. nice to see you man. boys are in the city of brotherly hate tonight. ever been to philly? I took in a philly lakers game back in the mid 80's and had a geno's steak n cheese. unfknbelieveable.

Sections
Shortcuts