At the quarter pole...I like Sox chances for playoff spot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

At the quarter pole...I like Sox chances for playoff spot.

The Sox have played a little over 25% of season, and considering all that has gone wrong. The SP was inept, no lead safe enough for bullpen, injuries, Bobby V putting foot in mouth, the potential for a long year seemed in the offering. The Sox playing 500 ball, should only improve with added players coming off the DL. Their major concern going forward is still their bullpen, but like St. Louis last year it can be a work in progress with some trade deadline moves and the return of Bailey.
         The competition all has question marks, I'm not sold on Orioles who tend to play better early in year before dropping like a stone when the weather heats up. The Yankees age and injuries, Indians see Baltimore, Angels with Albert in a funk, The Rays, Tigers, and Rangers right now I see as front runners for division champions, leaving Sox as first WC team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Re: At the quarter pole...I like Sox chances for playoff spot.

This years looks alot like last......lets just hope they can get hot and carry it all the way through September....not just to September.  MLB's extra wild card was built for the RS so maybe just maybe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

http://www.coolstandings.com/baseball_standings.asp?sn=2012&i=1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Maybe we could petition Selig to add two more wildcard teams in each league.

I'd say that would put us in contention.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

.500 and 5 games back in May is fine.  Hard to see anyone in the East going much beyond 90 wins this year.

It is all about staying healthy in the rotation and getting healthier in the OF. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

In which fantasy league are you playing in.....????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

There is no team in the East, or the AL except for Texas which is excelling on Offense and Pitching. Toronto is hitting .241, Baltimore even with their hot start is hitting .249, the Angels and Indians .248 , the Tigers .256, well below the Sox at .273 and that is translating in some cases to close to a run a game difference...unfortunately our starters have been giving up those run difference and more....thus the .500 record......so if we ask ourselves, for the other 3/4 of the year, will we score the same runs or even better when we get healthy, I would say a resounding yes....will we give up less runs.....I would say yes, but it is an iffy yes at best. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: At the quarter pole...I like Sox chances for playoff spot.:
    [QUOTE]In which fantasy league are you playing in.....????
    Posted by Sveltics[/QUOTE]

Strat-O-Matic.

10. This post has been removed.