Athletes and religion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Athletes and religion

In Response to Re: Athletes and religion:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : What is fascinating is that Pike, when talking baseball, is actually a fine poster capable of interesting give and take.  Over the past couple years, the  ratio of police posts to baseball posts has grown to the  point that the police posts have now completely taken over.  It is a fascinating psychological study.  A Darren Aronofsky baseball movie.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

It probably has to do with the overwhelming Yankee presence here. I'd say it's gone from 50/50 to 40/60 or even more Yankee fans. Incredible. I guess they know where they can go and do no wrong no matter what they say or do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : It probably has to do with the overwhelming Yankee presence here. I'd say it's gone from 50/50 to 40/60 or even more Yankee fans. Incredible. I guess they know where they can go and do no wrong no matter what they say or do.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Case.  In.  Point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Athletes and religion : Fellow posters, please tell us if Tebow is praying or asking God to have him play at 100% of his abilities or is he thanking God for letting him play up to his abilities? Is the OP saying that AG should never mention his faith in his interviews? Is that what this is about? Don't dozens of athletes do this all of the time?  Has his statements pushed his religion onto anyone else? I haven't heard or read such a mission into his interviews. Sorry, I don't buy into the premise of the OP if that is what he is in fact saying. If I am wrong then you can not read or listen to yje interview just like you can turn off or ignore the religion channels on your TV. Should SinceYaz be banned by BDC because he talks religion on the forum when asked to? Once again Dabetheknave starts a thread that is much ado about nothing. Why doesn't Spaceman or Chilliwings ever start a thread about baseball?
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I think either is fine, personally.  Asking for a win would be weird but I have no reason to believe he does that.

All of the small number of threads I've started have been about baseball.  Why are you implying otherwise?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Not true.  I honestly don't know whether or not God exists, or if God does exist, in what form.  I believe there are many many people who feel the same way. Belief doesn't prove anything.  I believed devoutly in Santa Claus at one time.  Truth turned out to be different.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Interesting that I missed Lowellls comment until just now.

FTR - I have not once been disrespectful to anyone here who is a man or woman of faith. I have expressed my opinion and asked resonable questions. This is no different than I have done in conversation with my Mother. The only difference is my Mother has not gotten fefensive as some here have; she has asked me questions with both the Old and New Testament in front of us and we have gone over passages together.

I have made mention on all my comments that I respect all who believe and would never try and sway their opinion. An individual can come to believe or not on their own. And I would be the last person to try and sway them.

Be careful how you comment Lowelll - you and I are already on shaky ground considering you are the only person on this forum who I have zero regard for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : It probably has to do with the overwhelming Yankee presence here. I'd say it's gone from 50/50 to 40/60 or even more Yankee fans. Incredible. I guess they know where they can go and do no wrong no matter what they say or do.

Kim - what is the actual yankee presence on this board? I count about 10 - is this an accurate figure?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Interesting that I missed Lowellls comment until just now. FTR - I have not once been disrespectful to anyone here who is a man or woman of faith. I have expressed my opinion and asked resonable questions. This is no different than I have done in conversation with my Mother. The only difference is my Mother has not gotten fefensive as some here have; she has asked me questions with both the Old and New Testament in front of us and we have gone over passages together. I have made mention on all my comments that I respect all who believe and would never try and sway their opinion. An individual can come to believe or not on their own. And I would be the last person to try and sway them. Be careful how you comment Lowelll - you and I are already on shaky ground considering you are the only person on this forum who I have zero regard for.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

posted at 2/28/2012 4:02 PM EST
    First: 6/15/2007
    Last: 3/7/2012
    In Response to Re: Athletes and religion :
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Now that's funny. How did chocolate and bunnies become associated with such a holy day in the christian religion anyway. Was it that the cross is believed to be the color brown, so we used chocolate to represent the cross?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XJfRzNOJNE

Hysterical

This thread is now bordering on the "Are you kidding me?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

posted at 2/28/2012 5:26 PM EST
    In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : It is an erroneous assumption that faith is only possible through a God figure.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I have faith in you SpaceAce and I don't believe you are a God; well at least, not a major God. Maybe you are a minor God - not quite sure on that yet. We can discuss it over a beer.

As for the 10 commandments, I never covet thy neighbor's wife, but then she looks like Youk. However, about three houses down; well, let's just say that coveting does not properly address the situation.

I love talk of religion, it sets off such a ruckus.

This thread will violently go off the rails.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

posted at 2/29/2012 1:36 PM EST
    In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Wow, talk about twisting my words! I said nothing about judging except to say that Christians are judged by their action (or inaction). I also said that that many who profess to be Christian may or may not be, depending on their conversion experience......only God can know for sure. But we are all human and not without sin, even Jesus chastised the the moneychangers, was he being judgmental? Jesus said, "judge not, lest be judged". It's a struggle for the Christian each and every day to walk with God. He/She can't do it alone and the burden is heavy. For the believer Jesus took on every human burden and sin, and contiues to do so to this day, but sometimes, because of free will, we lose our way and try to do our own thing without letting God work in our lives. Unbelievers expect a Christian to be perfect.
    Posted by Alibiike

How can unbelievers or non-believers expect Christians to be perfect when we are of the opinion that you believe in fairytales? And that alone removes the possibilty of perfection. Personally, I have no expectations of anyone - people usually let you down for the most part.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Kim - what is the actual yankee presence on this board? I count about 10 - is this an accurate figure?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Let's just say it's not only the Yankee fans, it's their aliases, and the fact that they post a thousand times more than Sox fans everyday. Why do Yankee fans who show up here feel the need to post all over the board and make so many posts? If I were visiting a Yankee forum, which will never happen, I wouldn't flood the board with my posts. It is, after all, their forum. I also wouldn't put up abusive pics of the fans there or the Yankee players. And I do know photoshop FTR. But maybe that's just me.

And I would identify myself as a Sox fan, so they would know my comments were coming from a rival team's fan. No question. I don't get the reasoning for doing otherwise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

JesseyEric:
    "I prayed to my father a few times and he responded, usually in Italian and rarely with what I wanted to hear.
    "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Hahaha.  Case.  In.  Point.

If your sarcastic response was because I answered your post, I find it fascinating that your whole group can answer each other's posts, and no one thinks a thing about it. Your group is not the be all and end all of this forum. jsyk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

JesseyEric""I think it is time to leave this conversation alone. Our differences are great and not to be discussed here. Your beliefs in the Bible & the Church are admirable. I find it all a fanciful fairytale based on some actual happenings. My beliefs are not from bad experiences or what some old Nun tried to teach me. It is based on life as I see it. I do not denounce Jesus of Nazareth as a true person. I fully believe that there is a historical Jesus who said some beautiful things to many people. Peace, love and harmony are wonderful thoughts. But that is where it ends for me. I only denounce the Church as nothing more than a political party. And remember, when I say church, I am not referring to the Catholic Church itself. Although that might be my upbringing, I have no use for any churches of any religions. It is just a bunch of men who are continuing to use superstition to reign over others.

I am sorry, but if there truly was a God, then at certain times in the last 12,000 years, he/she would have revealed themselves and done something right for humanity. You know, like slapping Hitler, Stalin, Nero and a few others from committing the attrocities that they did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

posted at 3/2/2012 2:19 PM EST
    Oh sh*t - The Rick Santorum posse is out. Take your judgements of people and stick them where the sun don't shine. Let's ask God, afterall, we were made in his image. Maybe God is gay.And don't dare utter the words "free will" to me. Most gays (women and men) are aware of this at an extremely early age but have little knowledge of what it is. These children are born to straight couples and were not introduced to it in the home.

Personally, if there is a God, I think he is a she and she is bi-sexual, wearing leather and 5 inch heels.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Every story in both the old and new testament & Qu'ran, as far as I am concerned, is a complete falsehood or an embellishment on something else.

Fact - The birthdate of the historical Jesus is not December 25th. He is either a March or August child. Christians stole the holiday as part of their weeding out the pagan rituals. And although I am sure all our esteemed members are aware of this, but just in case - Jesus of Nazareth did not look like a Rock Star with flowing locks and blue eyes. He was a short, dark skinned man just like all the rest from that place and time in the world.

Fact - Adam and Eve is a fairytale. How do I know this - fossils. Dinosaurs and such were on this planet long before man. Those who think the Flintstones is a documentary have allowed their faith to take over too much of their lives.

Fact - The great flood and Noah. If this were actually real, then God would have been condoning incest. Now there were large floods, but not in the Biblical sense that we were raised with (I call this taking liberty with truth - much like Hollywood does)

Fact - Moses did not live to a ripe old age of 120 + years, 40 of which were wandering the desert and then dieing just before he enters Israel. Historical and new archeology is slowly uncovering the evidence to prove this falacy. Not to mention that it would mean God had one h*ll of a sense of dry humor.

Fact - During the time of Jesus of Nazareth, there were 4 other men claiming to also be the messiah. This is according to texts which I cannot prove or disprove, but the same texts which most of the new testament is taken.

Fact - The Council of Nicea decided what to put into the New Testament, not God. They decided what worked best for them to keep, control and increase their powers over those who believed.

Here are some old testament goodies for you:

I dedicate this to W.O. who likes to give us different passages from the Bible.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.(Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'(Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

I think God was into Snuff movies. And there are a hundred others, believe me. The old testament reads like a Stephen King novel. First time I read it, it scared the cr*p out of me.

I ask all who believe to hold tight to your faith. It belongs to you and no one has the right to take it away from you. But please do not preach about things which you have no clue about. I cannot believe the conversation regarding Gays, the Gay gene and the 7% of the population of man being gay where no other living creature shows this tendency. I did like the response though about LHer's. The one thing about those like me is we have science to back up so much of our beliefs. I know that not seeing is the whole point of faith. But I don't think love, peace, kindness and respect require a God. It just requires common sense and belief in yourself.

Now I am going to leave this computer before I am struck down. Afterall, this is the Sabbath of the Jewish faith and they are the chosen ones. I don't wish to tempt faith.

Regards

jessey

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The point is what makes the writing of the New Testament more truthful than that of the Old? Where do you draw the line in what is real and what is not.

And what is a remix - did someone re-engineer the New Testament? Is that like the remastering of Sgt. Pepper? Who decides who gets to do this stuff? As for this loving and forgiving God, don't even let me start putting together a list of things that show a loving and forgiving God cannot exist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Joe - my conversation at that point had nothing to do with Jesus of Nazareth. It had to do with arguments being presented to me. As I said earlier, I absolutely believe in the historical Jesus of Nazareth. Whether we call him philosopher, teacher or rabbi is fine with me. I think he was very cool and had very important things to say. I think his teachings as to how one should conduct themselves are very righteous. The Father as he teaches could well be the Universe itself. The Kingdom he preaches could be a dimensional area which his beliefs took him to. I think he was a man ahead of his time. It is the trappings that followed the death of Jesus of Nazareth that threw it all away for me. As for this Free Will, I think it is just too easy to throw that out there. Maybe a free mind is better suited.

FTR - The truth is that none of us no for sure what he actually said and taught. We base it all on texts which were written several generations after he died. I have never come across a story that could remain the same within a three day span as it is told from one person to the next. Why would it be possible for his story to have remained true to form and without serious embellishment over the course of a 50 year period. It is most likely that Peter, Paul and the rest of them went on with his teachings but they put their own spin on things. If they didn't, all four gospels would basically read exactly the same.

As for my opinion, God as defined by the masses (nice old man sitting on a cloud does not exist). I do not believe in the Virgin Birth as there is something that creeps me out about that. Not to mention that it does take somewhat from the stories of Zeus.

I am a firm believer that their are other life forms within the Universe that could very well of had an effect on how life on ths planet progressed. Now this may make me into a crackpot, but what can I say.

Although I have yet to do so, I do wish to read the Gnostic Bible. Has anyone read this yet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

posted at 3/6/2012 7:33 AM EST
    Btw, I can't believe a thread about religion has been up this long when a thread looking at the Yankees realistically probably didn't last more than a day. Someone had to complain about it. (KST)

Kim - you write a very nice, respectful comment on the subject matter and then at the end you bring it back towards your hatred. Dottie has already stated that some outsourcing company did it. Get over it and move onto the next subject. And if someone did complain, there is nothing we can do about it.

Alan inWa - then if Jesus held all in the Old Testament to be true and the word & Law of his father, then he must accept the fact that his Father was a sadistic and non-loving deity who had little regard for those he supposedly created in his own image. The Old Testament is basically a Snuff Movie!

As 67 beautifully stated with the lyrics of the Beatles - Good night to this post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : If your sarcastic response was because I answered your post, I find it fascinating that your whole group can answer each other's posts, and no one thinks a thing about it. Your group is not the be all and end all of this forum. jsyk

Kim, there is no group or secret cabal vying for board supremacy.  I don't have a 'group'.  The Yankee fans are certainly far from a united enemy front.  In fact,the Yankee folks with the most output on the board are exceedingly polite and non-antagonistic (the babes and the yankensteins are in the minority).  

Also, you are so quick to label,say, georom as some yankee troll because of his beckett insanity this winter.  But, this is very selective focus.  He has been, for a long time, a die hard sox fan who supports the team as much as he criticizes.  Just because he went all Hang 'Em High with Josh Beckett doesn't make him a yankee fan.

Seriously, you are going crazy.  Paranoia is a difficult problem.  But it is particularly difficult on an OPEN INTERNET FORUM.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Kim, there is no group or secret cabal vying for board supremacy.  I don't have a 'group'.  The Yankee fans are certainly far from a united enemy front.  In fact,the Yankee folks with the most output on the board are exceedingly polite and non-antagonistic (the babes and the yankensteins are in the minority).   Also, you are so quick to label,say, georom as some yankee troll because of his beckett insanity this winter.  But, this is very selective focus.  He has been, for a long time, a die hard sox fan who supports the team as much as he criticizes.  Just because he went all Hang 'Em High with Josh Beckett doesn't make him a yankee fan. Seriously, you are going crazy.  Paranoia is a difficult problem.  But it is particularly difficult on an OPEN INTERNET FORUM.  

I'm sorry. When did I label Geo anything? I don't even post on his threads for the most part because it's all chicken and beer nonsense, so I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you can enlighten me. You know, just to help my paranoia about a poster I don't even think about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : I'm sorry. When did I label Geo anything? I don't even post on his threads for the most part because it's all chicken and beer nonsense, so I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you can enlighten me. You know, just to help my paranoia about a poster I don't even think about.

OK, I am sorry.  Perhaps i confused you with Lowell.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : OK, I am sorry.  Perhaps i confused you with Lowell.

Another sarcastic response. I bet your pals will be proud. I'm not Lowell, or Pike or anyone else here. And if you believe that, you need to get out more. It's amazing to me that you or any of your pals can agree with each other on anything. If I agree with someone not in or liked by your particular group, I am labeled that poster. You all need a reality check on your authority here. Who better than me, who was run off the board by your Yankee troll friend who has probably done the same to numerous other Sox fans just posting on their own team's site?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Another sarcastic response. I bet your pals will be proud. I'm not Lowell, or Pike or anyone else here. And if you believe that, you need to get out more. It's amazing to me that you or any of your pals can agree with each other on anything. If I agree with someone not in or liked by your particular group, I am labeled that poster. You all need a reality check on your authority here. Who better than me, who was run off the board by your Yankee troll friend who has probably done the same to numerous other Sox fans just posting on their own team's site?

Listen, if you let that blowhard 'run you off the board', thats on you.  How does that even happen?  What does that even mean?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Listen, if you let that blowhard 'run you off the board', thats on you.  How does that even happen?  What does that even mean?

It happened because I put up a thread about the Yankees buying up all the free agents and what that would mean for the Sox when I got here in 2010, and was met with a bombardment of negative posts. Zac took it to a personal level saying "Everyone thinks you're a whiner" "Everyone thinks this, everyone thinks that blah, blah blah". Since his name was Pinstripezac I thought that was unbelievable a Yankee fan could be attacking a Sox poster here, and seemed to be answering for "everyone".

I believe, he hones in on anyone who may say anything negative about the Yankees until he gets them off the board. You do notice there are very few, if any, posters that say anything negative about the Yankees, right? I didn't fight back at the time because I was in shock, and was thinking more "Where am I?". "Who is this guy?". No one said anything, and I just left, again, in shock.

It's not my nature to fight with people. But when I came back to see if anyone was talking about Cliff Lee and what he was doing, I saw there were other posters being abused here, so I decided to stay and fight back. I've said this before on the board, and that is exactly what happened. Is it on me? Maybe. Maybe I should have said something right away, but I couldn't believe a Yankee fan had so much power here to do that, and that everyone seemed to go along with it. There is no other board on the Internet like this one. No rival team's fans are this much in control of a team board. They couldn't possibly do that without the support of the Sox fans here. That's a shame.

Edit: And, of course, when I did come back to the board I defended Beni, and was accused of being Beni, and shortly after Zac labeled me as Pike. It's 2012, and I'm still answering to posters who say I'm Pike all because of one Yankee troll with an agenda.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : It happened because I put up a thread about the Yankees buying up all the free agents and what that would mean for the Sox when I got here in 2010, and was met with a bombardment of negative posts. Zac took it to a personal level saying "Everyone thinks you're a whiner" "Everyone thinks this, everyone thinks that blah, blah blah". Since his name was Pinstripezac I thought that was unbelievable a Yankee fan could be attacking a Sox poster here, and seemed to be answering for "everyone". I believe, he hones in on anyone who may say anything negative about the Yankees until he gets them off the board. You do notice there are very few, if any, posters that say anything negative about the Yankees, right? I didn't fight back at the time because I was in shock, and was thinking more "Where am I?". "Who is this guy?". No one said anything, and I just left, again, in shock. It's not my nature to fight with people. But when I came back to see if anyone was talking about Cliff Lee and what he was doing, I saw there were other posters being abused here, so I decided to stay and fight back. I've said this before on the board, and that is exactly what happened. Is it on me? Maybe. Maybe I should have said something right away, but I couldn't believe a Yankee fan had so much power here to do that, and that everyone seemed to go along with it. There is no other board on the Internet like this one. No rival team's fans are this much in control of a team board. They couldn't possibly do that without the support of the Sox fans here. That's a shame. Edit: And, of course, when I did come back to the board I defended Beni, and was accused of being Beni, and shortly after Zac labeled me as Pike. It's 2012, and I'm still answering to posters who say I'm Pike all because of one Yankee troll with an agenda.

OK, thank you for giving me the specifics.  I always tried not to pay attention, so I never knew what personal battle lines had been drawn.  I am sorry you have had to deal with so much negativity.  And that is not being sarcastic.

It is interesting, the Yankee fan presence on this board.  I believe you are quite right when you assert that there is no other board on the internet like this one.  I also find it interesting that we could have such divergent views about what that presence brings to the board.  I think it makes things incredibly interesting, spices things up.  And it speaks to the crazy nature of the rivalry that Yankee fans would even want to come here and spend inordinate amounts of time posting on a Sox board.  Sox.  Yankees.  We are incomplete without the other I guess.  That is how I see it.  Yankee fans cannot live alone in the rarified air of 26 rings and Most Recognized Franchise in All Sport in All the World.  They need us and our intelligent, passionate discussion of baseball (have you ever perused the YES board?  Eeehh).  I take it is a compliment.  

As far as you getting ganged up on, and Sox fans somehow not having your back, I don't know.  We are all faceless individuals on this board.  Not rival gangs.  I don't come to anyones aid when they get in personal exchanges here because I would prefer that the threads don't devolve into that, so i am certainly not going to exacerbate it by taking sides.  I am not above being drawn into fiery personal exchange (*see religious threads with 67), so I am not casting stones.  But, I merely offer: perhaps if you weren't so confrontational, people wouldn't be confrontational with you.  Some posters (like Babe) thrive on confrontation and want to draw people into confrontation.  But, for you, if it hurts your feelings, just a. don't go there wih your accusatory posts and b. just turn the other cheek when someone attacks you.  It is very easy to do in cyberspace.

Anyway, if you hate it so much, I seriously suggest you work your way in over at Sons of Sam Horn.  Its ALL SOX FANS ALL DAY over there with NO TROLLS WHATSOEVER.  Sounds perfect for you.  You wouldn't have to deal with all this stuff that is driving you crazy.  Personally, I want to shoot myself in the face with boredom when I read the threads there.