Athletes and religion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: Athletes and religion

In Response to Re: Athletes and religion:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : I have no personal beliefs when it comes to rhetorical issues of our times that tend to divide people more than draw them together. I have no desire to be right. My choice is to always try to ignore my way and seek what is right. Hence, I follow Him rather than engage. ONLY He is right. I only care to understand Him and frankly am not surprised that you would make the statement, " Perhaps if you offered your personal beliefs instead of posting quotes from the bible others might better understand you?" I have no desire to be understood by anonymous people on a forum. Maybe intimate friends, but not here. As if this matters... Maybe you should opt for silence when someone asks you for your opinion. It matters not what you or I think of human sexual preference. Legalized marijuana. The GM bailout. National healthcare plans. My position on those issues defines me not. Nor does my "job" defines me. The college I went to "defines" me not. My "personal beliefs" about any of the issues discussed here really matters? I am however defined by my love of God and my love of others. Period. Chilli...as you say, "...No religion, philosophy, ideology, or science has ever sufficiently answered the ultimate question..." You're correct.   Try to grasp the thought that God IS NONE OF THOSE . Those are manmade institutions. He is...that's all, He just is...no Him or know Him. Your free choice.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

WO, as happy as I am to hear "you're correct", you're misattributing the quote "...No religion, philosophy, ideology, or science has ever sufficiently answered the ultimate question..." to me.  ;-)

If you "...have no desire to be right" and "...have no desire to be understood by anonymous people on a forum" why do you keep pasting quotes from the bible on this anonymous forum?

Aren't all the beliefs a person holds, by definition, personal beliefs?  Under what circumstances could that not be true?:
    • Hive mentality.  Implication:  The Human Race has been infiltrated by some sort of malevolent insect invader.
    • Schizophrenia.  Implication:  Mental illness, about which there is nothing to joke.
    • Sanctimony.  Implication:  "I'm absolutely right, and the billions of other people, over thousands of years, with their hundreds of other gods - or no gods - are absolutely wrong."  Hmmmm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : WO, as happy as I am to hear "you're correct", you're misattributing the quote "...No religion, philosophy, ideology, or science has ever sufficiently answered the ultimate question..." to me.  ;-) If you "...have no desire to be right" and "...have no desire to be understood by anonymous people on a forum" why do you keep pasting quotes from the bible on this anonymous forum? Aren't all the beliefs a person holds, by definition, personal beliefs?  Under what circumstances could that not be true?: Hive mentality.  Implication:  The Human Race has been infiltrated by some sort of malevolent insect invader. Schizophrenia.  Implication:  Mental illness, about which there is nothing to joke. Sanctimony.  Implication:  "I'm absolutely right, and the billions of other people, over thousands of years, with their hundreds of other gods - or no gods - are absolutely wrong."  Hmmmm.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

You're choice Chilli. A wonderful gift from the maker of heaven and earth.
    Peace be with you. I'll check out of this dialogue now. Ask Him your questions. Address your exclamations to Him. I shall be silent with you in going forward. I have no answers and no further comment but...He was. He is. He always will be...

Leviticus 18:4
    You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

WO,

I always find it interesting that those who believe god created man also consider men and their accomplishments to be insignifigant. Why do you insult god and his creation that way?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]WO, I always find it interesting that those who believe god created man also consider men and their accomplishments to be insignifigant. Why do you insult god and his creation that way?
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

John 3
    5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwpb&v=-BHqw-h2Rus&NR=1

Ruh Roh ... another one of us crazy guys ...

Linsanity!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwpb&v=-BHqw-h2Rus&NR=1 Ruh Roh ... another one of us crazy guys ...    Linsanity!!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

...maybe those who have a problem with ATHLETES...

REALLY JUST have an issue with...

...AND NOT THE ATHLETES?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : ...maybe those who have a problem with ATHLETES...   REALLY JUST have an issue with...        ...AND NOT THE ATHLETES?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Brother,

I believe  ...

you have hit the nail on the head!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

For the idiot claiming to be "on the mark", I'm married for 30 years with 3 adult children. My guess, which is probably "on the mark", you grew up in a household with little self-respect or respect for others. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Note: Any poster that calls someone "genocidal", then claims it was an obvious joke, would be instantly IP banned, with one exception. If that poster is a shill for the NY Times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Thanks for deleting my last post, moderator...Hank proven wrong yet again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Brother,    I believe  ...      you have hit the nail on the head!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir say it best... WORTHY IS THE LAMB

lol...Linsanity? lol...Lambsanity!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gae-n0Pb7Q

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

That's a beautiful way to start my shift!

:oD

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Roadrunner, proves himself wrong, over and over and over and over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

But you can't explain why, can you Hank?

Basically, your final point regarding Chilliwing's post was that a left leaning individual won't be censored...and then I was censored.

You were wrong. Again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Roadrunner - for a long time I, and many others, thought Softlaw/Hanky was a giant put on i.e. no one could seriously have so many wrong views, be so objectionable, post so repetetively, etc.  Do you remember his boasting about his gold hoard a few years back?  A classic!....boasting to an anonymous opinion board about your alleged wealth like some sort of demented Scrooge McDuck!  But I think he is genuine.  Genuinely disturbed, but genuine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Then there was the time he tried to use the word albeit but typed it as "I'll be it". When I pointed out that was wrong he proceeded to tell me that albeit is not a real word because it is a contraction, but that "I'll be it" was correct and valid.

We argued for days over this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

But you can't explain why, can you Hank?

Wrong, dumbo, you can't explain what, much less explain why!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically, your final point regarding Chilliwing's post was that a left leaning individual won't be censored...and then I was censored. 

Work on your reading comprehension. My point to a board lunatic was that a left wing lunatic will not be censored. Anyone that calls someone "genocidal", even later saying it was an obvious joke, needs immediate psychiatric involuntary commitment. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

What you said was "shill for the NY Times". One need only to be left-leaning to be described as such by a right wing lunatic. Wrong again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Then there was the time he tried to use the word albeit but typed it as "I'll be it". When I pointed out that was wrong he proceeded to tell me that albeit is not a real word because it is a contraction, but that "I'll be it" was correct and valid. We argued for days over this.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

I remember that!  It was hilarious.  That's what I mean about it being hard to believe this character is serious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Albeit is a contraction of all be it, that is, although be it or although it is that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Last thought on this subject. Considering the insane Winter I have just experienced in NYC (Did Winter even come), the Mayans may have it right and we will all know the answer about G*d in another 9 1/2 months.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Albeit is a contraction of all be it , that is, although be it or although it is that .
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I know that....but it's a usage about 7 centuries old.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Last thought on this subject. Considering the insane Winter I have just experienced in NYC (Did Winter even come), the Mayans may have it right and we will all know the answer about G*d in another 9 1/2 months.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

It's been cold and rainy here as usual, so I won't mind a bit of "warming", be it global or Hellish.  ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

So Lowell, are you in favor of eliminating all contractions from use as Hanky has stated he is?(Even though he used one on this very page).

Sections
Shortcuts