Attention RED SOX Management!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Attention RED SOX Management!

In Response to Re: Attention RED SOX Management!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention RED SOX Management! : Absolutely and totally agree with you "dgalehouse".  IMO your post gets my vote for the "Red Sox Post of the Year" award.  WTG and GO SOX!
    Posted by lucbom[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]DG, great post. Can you save jobs? Can you create more green jobs? Can you turn sunlight into gold? Can you make millions for bankrupt solar power executives?
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Did you make that post ? You didn't make that post. Somebody else did that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]The way I see it is ; some fans are so in love with the players that they cannot bear to hear any criticism of them. So , they have to find other reasons for the team's failure. It must be the manager's fault, or the coaches , or the G.M. , or the owners, or the trainers. It's the media, why are they always lying about things ?  It's the injuries. Yeah , yeah , it's the injuries. Darn the luck. And , don't forget the umpires. Why are they always cheating us ?  Yup , it is everybody's fault but the players. Say anything bad about the players , and the " real fans " get very indignant.  It can't be the players. Why , they are great.  As for Tito , give me a break. He did a good job for a while , but was totally burnt out. He stood around looking bewitched ,bothered and bewildered as the team quit on him last September.  Face the reality folks. Most of these players are overpaid and overrated. The team is simply not that good. They are not worth your hero worship.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Think it's a combination of all of the above, gale. some more or less

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]he was also the manager of the greatest post season comeback in baseball history Ronald Reagan was a great President. Manny and Ortiz were the best offensive combination in modern Red Sox history. What Tito did with players in 2004 is not relevant on the heels of what he did in 2011, as far as his job status goes. He failed, and admitted he failed. It happens, time to move on and look at the culprits on this status quo roster from 2011.
    oh i see.  when the team does well it's the players not the manager.  when the team does poorly its the manager not the players.  got it.  thanks.
    oh, and of course he "admitted it".  he is a player's coach, remember />?  they always take the bullet and never point fingers.
    sigh...another soul that needs to stick to commenting on badminton and leave the big boy sports like baseball to the adults.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention RED SOX Management! : Did you make that post ? You didn't make that post. Somebody else did that.

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Attention RED SOX Management!:
    [QUOTE]Bring back Francona!  C'mon guys....do you really want to continue down this horrible path that has been taking shape since manager switch?  Even "non-baseball" sideliners can spot where the errors are.
    Posted by Grillmasters[/QUOTE]

That sounds like someone who would say, "Bring back George Bush". BV didn't create this atmosphere; Francona did! TF was probably the worst manager this team has ever had (excpet, maybe, Butch Hobson).

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]That sounds like someone who says "bring back Barry Obama" to fix the economy and create more solar energy company green jobs. Did you make that post ? You didn't make that post. Somebody else did that. I made that post. I give credit where credit is due. Your post was one of the best posts of this season.
    Thanks. I'm working on some more " green jobs " for next St. Patrick's Day. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I cannot say that I think that Valentine is the ONLY reason why the 2012 season has been so disappointing, but he has to at least get his part of the blame.

I would guess that most all of the posters here on this forum have been lucky enough to have played sports at some time in their lives. So, with that thought I am sure that most of us have both played for coaches/managers that we have liked and also for some that just did not seem to be the right fit (for whatever reason).

And, I will follow that with the belief that most of us have played better and enjoyed our time in sports much better when the manager/coach was the better fit rather than when the manager/coach was at odds with seemingly everyone and everything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Looking only at the numbers, one thing that stands out to me about our only being 53-53 at this point is this:

We are 1-12 in games where we score 1 run. 
                        (About equal to AL .075 win %)

We are 3-8 in games we score 2 runs.
                        (About equal to the AL .259 win %)

We are 4-14 in games we score 3 runs.
                        (About 1 games off the AL win rate of .318) 

We are 4-5 in games we score 4 runs.
                        (We should be about 6-3 as the AL win rate is .653)

Give us 3 more wins in these low scoring games and we are right in the WC hunt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

How is this team going to ever get on a roll and overcome adversity if the players feel comfortable countermanding the manager by going over his head everytime they are unhappy with him? What kind of dysfunctional nonsense is this? Hmmmm, have we seen this situation before where the players feel no need to be accountable to the manager?

Ben is at fault because he doesnt like Bobby, and his clubhouse snitch Doris Pedroia misses his Daddy playing cribbage with him....That is it, the essence of this team's "dysfunction"...If John Henry had any balls he would fire Ben (Lord knows there are enough legit GM reasons to do so) and tell the players to never go over the manager's head or they will be next...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention RED SOX Management! : Thanks. I'm working on some more " green jobs " for next St. Patrick's Day. 

LOL!  Very funny dg

Sections
Shortcuts