Audition for Stanton.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Audition for Stanton.

I believe that is why JBJ was sent down and Betts brought up.  if Betts is successful with the big club the final 2 months of the season you can bet the farm he will be part of a package to bring GS (no, not grady sizemore) to the Fens. 

JBJ is still the future CFer of the Boston Red Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Audition for Stanton.

In response to slasher9's comment:

I believe that is why JBJ was sent down and Betts brought up.  if Betts is successful with the big club the final 2 months of the season you can bet the farm he will be part of a package to bring GS (no, not grady sizemore) to the Fens. 

YES!!!!    To Stanton!!!     YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BUT!!!!   !Gotta find a way to package JBJ instead of Betts!

Gotta keep Betts!!!   He's the real deal, and will make quick gains on D.  I j6st don't see JBJ ever hitting over .250 in the bigs.

Betts will have a steady bat with pop, and grow into a plus CF'r.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SLASHerNINER.........   Possible.....  "IN BEN I TRUST "  !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

The Sox could have received some young talent for Lester, but decided on Cespedes because they need some right handed pop, there isn't much available in the upcoming free agent class and they are well aware, as is everyone else in baseball at this point, that Stanton isn't going anywhere this winter.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I doubt at this point JBJ would be a draw for Miami...however, if you have a corner outfield of Cespedes and Stanton, you're able to get away with having a light hitting defensive whiz in CF. You'd just have to get a lefty bat in there somewhere like 3rd base. They get slightly Righty heavy at that point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

The Sox could have received some young talent for Lester, but decided on Cespedes because they need some right handed pop, there isn't much available in the upcoming free agent class and they are well aware, as is everyone else in baseball at this point, that Stanton isn't going anywhere this winter.  

The Marlins are saying what any franchise needs to in an attempt not to lose many Stanton fans.  Stanton is gone in the next year or two period and yes any team that has a boatload of cheap potentially good prospects will have a good chance to land him including the Sox.  The Marlins would shock the world if they come up with enough cash to keep Stanton and even if they did why would he sign long term in Florida? 

It's naïve to think he wont ne traded.

http://www.fishstripes.com/2014/8/8/5983237/miami-marlins-giancarlo-stanton-long-term-contract-not-confident

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

The Marlins are saying what any franchise needs to in an attempt not to lose many Stanton fans.  Stanton is gone in the next year or two period and yes any team that has a boatload of cheap potentially good prospects will have a good chance to land him including the Sox.  The Marlins would shock the world if they come up with enough cash to keep Stanton and even if they did why would he sign long term in Florida? 

It's naïve to think he wont ne traded.

http://www.fishstripes.com/2014/8/8/5983237/miami-marlins-giancarlo-stanton-long-term-contract-not-confident" rel="nofollow">http://www.fishstripes.com/2014/8/8/5983237/miami-marlins-giancarlo-stanton-long-term-contract-not-confident

Stanton isn't going anywhere this off season.  That is a fact.  It's the worst kept secret in baseball.  A lot can happen during the 2015 season for things to change, but he will not be moved before then.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Even a guy like Steve Adams, who hosted a chat on MLBTR today and does have a pretty good reputation among baseball people, answered 3 questions regarding Stanton:

1. Will Owens, Swihart & Bradley be enough to land Stanton this winter?  Answer: "No. Bradley's stock is low and Stanton isn't going anywhere this off season."

2. Will Stanton be traded this offseason? One word answer: "Nope."  Not "doubtful" or "probably not."  

3. He said, "To all of you proposing Stanton trades, and there are many, Stanton will not be traded this off season."  

I know for a fact that the Marlins are already building their entire 2015 marketing campaign around him, and they are well aware that he is the biggest athlete in Florida right now with LeBron gone.  They are serious about competing and Stanton is the centerpiece.  I'll take any bet that he isn't moved this off season.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Even a guy like Steve Adams, who hosted a chat on MLBTR today and does have a pretty good reputation among baseball people, answered 3 questions regarding Stanton:

1. Will Owens, Swihart & Bradley be enough to land Stanton this winter?  Answer: "No. Bradley's stock is low and Stanton isn't going anywhere this off season."

2. Will Stanton be traded this offseason? One word answer: "Nope."  Not "doubtful" or "probably not."  

3. He said, "To all of you proposing Stanton trades, and there are many, Stanton will not be traded this off season."  

I know for a fact that the Marlins are already building their entire 2015 marketing campaign around him, and they are well aware that he is the biggest athlete in Florida right now with LeBron gone.  They are serious about competing and Stanton is the centerpiece.  I'll take any bet that he isn't moved this off season.  

jasko,

Please keep us updated on your expert insight into the Marlins 2015 marketing campaign :)  In the meantime Stanton will be up for grabs as soon as the Marlins ownership upgrade their five year personal home and vacation plans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Loser team loser BDC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Better for us if the Marlins wait a year.  The price would be cheaper, it might make more sense for Stanton to commit to an extension, and we already have 4 starting outfielders, and a backup, lined up for next year, so if Vic is healthy, then either Craig or Nava is the #4.

OTOH, if they wait until 2016, Craig moves to 1B, and Vic and Cespedes are gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Better for us if the Marlins wait a year. The price would be cheaper, it might make more sense for Stanton to commit to an extension, and we already have 4 starting outfielders, and a backup, lined up for next year, so if Vic is healthy, then either Craig or Nava is the #4.

OTOH, if they wait until 2016, Craig moves to 1B, and Vic and Cespedes are gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Better for us if the Marlins wait a year. The price would be cheaper, it might make more sense for Stanton to commit to an extension, and we already have 4 starting outfielders, and a backup, lined up for next year, so if Vic is healthy, then either Craig or Nava is the #4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Could u say that one more time Joe ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

If Injurino is healthy. If the price of gas goes back to $1.00/gal.  Same odds on either one of those two things happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

go with the gas

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Could u say that one more time Joe ?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, I felt very strongly about that one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

OK by me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

I can just see the marlins getting rid of 2 decent playoff runs over the next 2 years to trade their star player for 3 or 4 prospects that their fans have never heard of.After that they might as well move to anchorage or reno cause they'd draw more attendance there than in miami.The only time boston will see stanton is if he's in town wearing a marlins uniform.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to iamme17's comment:

I can just see the marlins getting rid of 2 decent playoff runs over the next 2 years to trade their star player for 3 or 4 prospects that their fans have never heard of.After that they might as well move to anchorage or reno cause they'd draw more attendance there than in miami.The only time boston will see stanton is if he's in town wearing a marlins uniform.

2014 = 21k per game

2013 = 19.5

2012 = 27

2011 = 19

2010 = 19

2009 = 19

2008 = 16

Tell me again how stanton being on the team equates to fan attendance? 

(you do know why the big jump in 2011, right?) - i give you a hint......stadium.......

Stanton will be on the Sox in 2015.  Miami isn't dumb....making him harder to obtain only increases the haul for him.

other names i have posted under:  none

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

I doubt at this point JBJ would be a draw for Miami...however, if you have a corner outfield of Cespedes and Stanton, you're able to get away with having a light hitting defensive whiz in CF. You'd just have to get a lefty bat in there somewhere like 3rd base. They get slightly Righty heavy at that point.

who even said that?  the point was betts is the centerpiece of the trade.  and that the sox brought him up to showcase him vs MLB talent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It's just exciting when you think about your team lineup with Ortiz and Stanton at #3 & 4 spots.  If we still have any of Napoli, Cespedes, and Craig, it's gonna fun to watch even with decent rotation.  

The dream lineup that we see in the video game.

1. Brock Holt 3B/SS/2B/CF/RF/LF

2. Dustin Pedroia 2B

3. David Ortiz DH

4. Giancarlo Stanton RF

5. Yoenis Cespedes LF

6. Allen Craig 1B

7. Xander Bogaerts SS

8. Rusney Castillo CF 

9. Christian Vazquez C

Bench: David Ross C, Daniel Nava OF/1B, Jackie Bradley Jr. OF, Will Middlebrooks 3B

Napoli could either be traded for SP or even included in Stanton deal.  Napoli is a FL native and could be clubhouse guy and veteran leader in Marlins' clubhouse.  Also could be extended by the Marlins.  

"There is no try.  Do or Don't" 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

2014 = 21k per game

2013 = 19.5

2012 = 27

2011 = 19

2010 = 19

2009 = 19

2008 = 16

(you do know why the big jump in 2011, right?) - i give you a hint......stadium.......

Stanton will be on the Sox in 2015.  Miami isn't dumb....making him harder to obtain only increases the haul for him.

You are in for a huge disappointment, Slasher.  Right now, the odds of Stanton being traded to Boston prior to next season are about the same as Mike Trout's, which is to say, "none."  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

2014 = 21k per game

2013 = 19.5

2012 = 27

2011 = 19

2010 = 19

2009 = 19

2008 = 16

You are in for a huge disappointment, Slasher.  Right now, the odds of Stanton being traded to Boston prior to next season are about the same as Mike Trout's, which is to say, "none."  

[object HTMLDivElement]

you could be right but it's the fact that Sox fans want Stanton in Boston, FO wants him, and even media wants him in Red Sox uniform seems like.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

2014 = 21k per game

2013 = 19.5

2012 = 27

2011 = 19

2010 = 19

2009 = 19

2008 = 16

John Henry makes the Miami GM an offer he can't refuse. However, instead of a horse's head in the bed, it will be the other end of the horse, Larry Lucchino.

Sections
Shortcuts