August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles:
    Two lucky hits up the middle against Beckett. He is obviously terrible and must be traded.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

They'll come out and say the ball came out of his ball well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank God football season is almost here.

Tom Brady will bring another Championship to Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You are right bad call on umpires part but you are not going to punch out MLB hitters with a fastball that goes from 85-89 MPH unless you reinvent yourself and I do not think Beckett can do that. In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    Two lucky hits up the middle against Beckett. He is obviously terrible and must be traded. Posted by 6k42lt913c

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Jesus did lavarnway tell Reynolds what was coming? who sits in a 1st pitch curveball??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Nothing left to do this season but watch DP on the boys lose and cry like little babies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

O's 7 hits 7 runs...But Sox winning the hit category...Whoopie 8 but 1 run----doesn't seem fair does it !!! Who says life is fair or baseball is fair?  I can't remember when I would have said that Baltimore is a better team than we are !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]He has been somewhat productive but the revolving door shortstop situation on this team has become a joke. Who is it going to be next year ? I am totally disgusted by the play and heart of this team. I can see why Papelbon packed his bags after last season and never looked back. He knew what some of the players were about and he did not like what they did to Tito. In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":

Posted by AL34[/QUOTE

Paps packed his bags because he knew the Sox werent going to give him his payday.  Who know what part he played and he's the one who blew the last game of the season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Mark Meancon another great Cherrington pickup. Does anyone actually have confidence in Cherrington to fix this team in the iff season, I sure as hell do not. Anything this guy touches goes to crap. He should have been sent packing as well with Theo last Spring. response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    Can someone explain to me why Melancon is even on the roster? Seriously. His ERA is over 7. Show me another relief pitcher in the majors who's ERA is this high and who is still sticking around? Posted by ADG

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

O's 7 hits 7 runs...But Sox winning the hit category...Whoopie 8 but 1 run----doesn't seem fair does it !!! Who says life is fair or baseball is fair?  I can't remember when I would have said that Baltimore is a better team than we are !!!
    Posted by mandobello

In baseball, Yes, the O's are a better team.  But when it comes to football, the Patriots are better than the Ravens. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Beckett was a great pitcher once.  Remember that when this shell of a beer can pitches.  He won a WS for us.   He stinks, but heck ... the TEAM stinks.  No exception.  They are all heartless tools.  At this point, it is tough watching them.  Losing stinks, but ballless gutless baseball is pure crud.  

I hope they all enjoy the rest of the season, because they have zero chance of even making it look good now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay you are right he blew that last save against Baltimore last year. He wanted to be paid like a top reliever which I think he deserved it and with the money we saved on not signing him, what did we do pick up Cook, and Punto. In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles :
    He has been somewhat productive but the revolving door shortstop situation on this team has become a joke. Who is it going to be next year ? I am totally disgusted by the play and heart of this team. I can see why Papelbon packed his bags after last season and never looked back. He knew what some of the players were about and he did not like what they did to Tito. In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": Posted by AL34[/QUOTE Paps packed his bags because he knew the Sox werent going to give him his payday.  Who know what part he played and he's the one who blew the last game of the season Posted by J-BAY

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jesus did lavarnway tell Reynolds what was coming? who sits in a 1st pitch curveball??
    Posted by xdrive

I picked the wrong night to leave Mark Reynolds on my fantasy bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I cannot watch this game anymore.  I'm going watch something else. 

Anyone watching "Man vs. Food"?  The guy once ate a 5-pound steak and a pound of fries in less than an hour.  LOL 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

This team is erratic aslo know as inconsistent. They get 14 runs for one game with 3-4 players getting 2-3 hits & then they go 2-3 games losing scoring only 2-3-4 runs.  Same with pitching, they'll get a 3-4 hit performance (but it's mostly by Bucholtz) and then our pitchers don't make the 6th inning !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Does Showalter know thisbteam or what. He pitched around AGON to strike out Ross and Lavarnway who I think they may have rushed him up too quickly.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I think this would be a good spot to have salty pinch hit for lavarnway

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Cody!  Yeah!  Mr. Clutch!  

Let's sign him to a 3 year contract, we need clutch hitters who handle the pressure.   Yup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yankees up 3-0 against Texas Homerun by Swisher and another run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

All of Bill-806's callups are here and playing. Yet that is not the answer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

oday doesn't have over powering stuff pitches down in the zone and salty might have run into one there. oh well

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Good point. I thinknthat Ben was thinking about using Lavarnway as trade bait and did not want him to fail in the majors but was forced to bring him up for any kindof hope in the future. The kid looks overmatched at the plate. In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    I think this would be a good spot to have salty pinch hit for lavarnway Posted by xdrive

Sections
Shortcuts