August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles:
    In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles :  2 batters and neither put the ball in play. Good sign?
    Posted by upperco1

hard to say but think if he can stay healthly, he may be a bright spot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  Just another pathetic game no matter how you slice it.  Sox don't even look like they have any life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We won the hit battle by 4 (11-7) and lost the run battle by 6(1-7)...just doesn't seem mathematically fair, does it !!!

But would I have felt better losing 7-6 ???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : hard to say but think if he can stay healthly, he may be a bright spot
    Posted by J-BAY

Tough time to make your debut with this team being in total disarray as it is. I liked how he mixed his pitches up though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Wow!  Just another pathetic game no matter how you slice it.  Sox don't even look like they have any life.
    Posted by traven

they had 11 hits traven, just weren't timely, which is the name of the game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Guess this fiasco is all Valentine's fault.  Pedroia should take another look around for the hound dog.
    Posted by michaelsjr

Pedroia was probably the one wanting Francona to come into the clubhouse that Sunday. He's becoming a macheavelian sob.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : they had 11 hits traven, just we'rent timely, which is the name of the game
    Posted by J-BAY

That's exactly what makes it pathetic.  Bailey looked great. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

whiners got just what they deserve.  another loss.  but just keep trotting beckett out there until the stats are so horrible they serve up BV and no telling who all else.  way to go Pedey - you set the tone and no matter how many useless hits you get, the problem remains..and it ain't valentine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'VE BEEN ASKING THE QUESTION SINCE APRIL OF 2010 BUT I'LL ASK IT AGAIN:

IS THERE A TEAM IN THE ENTIRE MAJORS THAT WOULD TAKE BECKETT'S CONTRACT OFF OF OUR HANDS FOR A MERE PLAYER TO BE NAMED LATER???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

I'VE BEEN ASKING THE QUESTION SINCE APRIL OF 2010 BUT I'LL ASK IT AGAIN: IS THERE A TEAM IN THE ENTIRE MAJORS THAT WOULD TAKE BECKETT'S CONTRACT OFF OF OUR HANDS FOR A MERE PLAYER TO BE NAMED LATER???
    Posted by andrewmitch

No.......Not the entire contract. Sox would need to eat a lot of it. NY would bite!  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I'VE BEEN ASKING THE QUESTION SINCE APRIL OF 2010 BUT I'LL ASK IT AGAIN: IS THERE A TEAM IN THE ENTIRE MAJORS THAT WOULD TAKE BECKETT'S CONTRACT OFF OF OUR HANDS FOR A MERE PLAYER TO BE NAMED LATER???
    Posted by andrewmitch

I think even the worst teams (Sox excluded) recognize a bad deal when they see one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

whiners got just what they deserve.  another loss.  but just keep trotting beckett out there until the stats are so horrible they serve up BV and no telling who all else.  way to go Pedey - you set the tone and no matter how many useless hits you get, the problem remains..and it ain't valentine.
    Posted by michaelsjr
    Frick you. Por que no te vas a animar a los Yanquis?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

LOL..frick me..that's rich... you can take your yankees and shove em up your taco hole.
    Posted by michaelsjr
    You didn't answer my question though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

12 LOBs and 1-for-10 with RISP ... not gonna win a lot of games doing that.
    As bad as Beckett was, even if he'd have shut them down after giving up the two runs, we still lose.
    Pretty crappy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles :  you dont have an answer, so you resort to name calling?
    Posted by J-BAY
    \Good to be lumped together for a change though. Will this land me in pike's black book? Never mind, I'm prolly already there. Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Can I come? I like tacos.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : \Good to be lumped together for a change though. Will this land me in pike's black book? Never mind, I'm prolly already there.
    Posted by carnie

I deleted my post, carnie.  why bother responding to someone like that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

There is nothing to see here. Beyond the embarrassment of spending so much time considering, watching and discussing such trivial and loathful efforts by a group of people who are paid far, far beyond any actual value they provide. To anyone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

There is nothing to see here. Beyond the embarrassment of spending so much time considering, watching and discussing such trivial and loathful efforts by a group of people who are paid far, far beyond any actual value they provide. To anyone.
    Posted by NHSOUTH

and yet, you're here, What's it to you?? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Per my post J-Bay: res ipsa loquitor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Per my post J-Bay: res ipsa loquitor.
    Posted by NHSOUTH

not really.  to each his own. You dont like what you see here, keep moving 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Thanks. As a guy with 12,000+ posts on an online baseball message board, I'm certain you get to decide who can post here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    JBay you are right he blew that last save against Baltimore last year. He wanted to be paid like a top reliever which I think he deserved it and with the money we saved on not signing him, what did we do pick up Cook, and Punto. In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": Posted by AL34
    Philly would love to unload Pap and his bloated salary but they can't. High priced closers are a thing of the past just like high priced DHs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": Philly would love to unload Pap and his bloated salary but they can't. High priced closers are a thing of the past just like high priced DHs.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame
    Is that you pumpsie?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : funny, theo never gave manny an early extension, but gave one to buckett. again, thank you boy genius.
    Posted by mryazz

In the offseason of 2007 into 2008, I was calling out Theo for not automatically re-upping Manny's 20 mil. I thought it was bullshoy. He was happy, the team was coming off a 2nd WS title in 4 years, and Manny was still producing. Instead, you knew it was coming. Boras as the agent. Then all the nonsense, then the trade. Sox picked Youkilis over Manny in the war of wills in the famous dugout incident, and by all accounts it was Youkilis who was considered by many way out of line by going beserk over a K and Manny trying to get him to calm down at first, then the bad blood. Youkilis then does the Ellsbury callout and in baseball karma mode gets his own come-uppance with the BV stuff, then pouting, then trade...Youks gang salute to the fans was pathetic on his last play as a Red Sox...sad in a way. 

Sections
Shortcuts