August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

WOW, I JUST STEPPED AWAY FOR A SEC AND BECKS BECAME BECKETT... ANOTHER 5 + INNING 6 RUN APPEARANCE...OH OH, I WONDER IF CAPTAIN PEDY WILL CALL OUT BV FOR EMBARASSING BECKS?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Taking Schnauzer out for her run, she is more exciting to watch than this team. Goodnight everybody. I hate the Yankees but boy are they loaded with allstars or what. They keep winning with all types of injuries. Our team needs to get A GM in here like Billy Beane to find some talent which can help. I have no confidence in Ben Cherrington and Lucky Larry Luchinno to straighten this mess out in the off season.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles:
    [QUOTE]O's 7 hits 7 runs...But Sox winning the hit category...Whoopie 8 but 1 run----doesn't seem fair does it !!! Who says life is fair or baseball is fair?  I can't remember when I would have said that Baltimore is a better team than we are !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    I am trying to find a positive with the game so far and I guess(tongue & cheek) it would be we are outhitting them 10 to 7.

Wonder what the record is for most hits/fewest runs. We are at 10 hits 1 run...got to be close or I guess it could be the most men left on base too !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : what? striking out from the left side is more exciting?
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

lol, yes that could have happened easily as well, but oday is much tougher on righties and he's a low ball pitcher salty a low ball hitter lefty with 20 home runs why not give it a shot?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Two lucky hits up the middle against Beckett. He is obviously terrible and must be traded.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Two "lucky" home runs against Beckett.  Six earned - over 5 season ERA.  Yup, we should obviously give him another 4 year contract extension at 18 per year.  Got brains?  Nope!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

THIS TEAM MAY STINK BUT WE SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER LIVELY POST-GAME CONFERENCE. WE ARE THE MOST EXCITING POST-GAME TALKING TEAM IN THE LEAGUE...KURODA WENT 7 HITLESS, YANKS ARE ABOUT TO CLOSE ANOTHER GAME AS TEX AND SWISHERLICIOUS WENT BAK TO BAK.. Y CAnt we get players like that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Good point. I thinknthat Ben was thinking about using Lavarnway as trade bait and did not want him to fail in the majors but was forced to bring him up for any kindof hope in the future. The kid looks overmatched at the plate. In response to "Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]So did Pedey when he first came up. That's what makes a kid like Middlebrooks so special.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great.. and we play the yanks after this series? is there a mercy rule?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]THIS TEAM MAY STINK BUT WE SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER LIVELY POST-GAME CONFERENCE. WE ARE THE MOST EXCITING POST-GAME TALKING TEAM IN THE LEAGUE...KURODA WENT 7 HITLESS, YANKS ARE ABOUT TO CLOSE ANOTHER GAME AS TEX AND SWISHERLICIOUS WENT BAK TO BAK.. Y CAnt we get players like that?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I wish we had outbid the Yankees years ago for Tex(and I do like Agon) and also gone after Swisher...better than Cody Ross ! Monday morning qtrback I know but I wish we had kept Beltre too at 3rd !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

kuroda gets a shut-out..bak to bak great pitching! bullpen well-rested!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : I wish we had outbid the Yankees years ago for Tex(and I do like Agon) and also gone after Swisher...better than Cody Ross ! Monday morning qtrback I know but I wish we had kept Beltre too at 3rd !
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]agon leads league in average and RBIs for august1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Andrew Bailey coming in.....lets se what hes got....FINALLY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Now we get to see what we've been waiting for all season.  BAILEY

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

"there's no crying in baseball."

Tell Pedroia and her team mates that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

OMG........Not what we needed

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]OMG........Not what we needed
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

That is!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

I'll give him a pass on the walk.........Nervous 1st batter. Nice K though

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Guess this fiasco is all Valentine's fault.  Pedroia should take another look around for the hound dog.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 14 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : That is!
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

2 batters and neither put the ball in play. Good sign?

Sections
Shortcuts