August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles:
    [QUOTE]Cook serving up a tasty meal so far. Also watching Reds/Mets on FSNO. Chris Welsh just said something interesting. As you know, Kelly Shoppach traded to Mets this week, and Welsh reported that one of the first things Shoppach said when he got to the Mets was that when he was leaving Boston, half the team met him in the clubhouse and said: "Good luck, wish we were going with you." Wow, just wow. Has it gotten as bad as all that now in Boston? Shame. This used to be a place players wanted to come. Welsh also mentioned the players meeting about Valentine, and said there are a lot of people out there saying "I told you so". Sad, but probaby true. Reds beating up on R. A. Dickey tonight.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

There's no team leadership

No Keith Hernandez/Gary Carter

No Kirk Gibson

No Phat Albert

No Barry Larkin

not even an Evan Longoria

we need to find our Don Baylor for next year.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : I dont think there's any doubt Valentine will go, exam. My question is, why was hired to begin with? He was never a great manager, and his mouth always got him in trouble. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Why was Howard Stern so popular?  You tune in to listen to garbage and to see how bad it can get sometimes......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Man our pitchers can't field their positions

Sooo pathetic!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : I dont think there's any doubt Valentine will go, exam. My question is, why was hired to begin with? He was never a great manager, and his mouth always got him in trouble. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The fingerprints of Lucchino are all over it, don't you think? I think Larry is really showing himself to be out of touch this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : so far so good. He either has it or he doesnt, no in between  You still packing, upper?? 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Still getting rid of things first....haven't started packing yet....plan on travelling light

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Only this team could do this. Cook got too over anxious on the ground ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Any easy out at home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

This team is pathetic , they should fire 32 players and not Valentine

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : The fingerprints of Lucchino are all over it, don't you think? I think Larry is really showing himself to be out of touch this year. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Yes I do, bob. Gave his friend his last shot to manange in MLB. I wonder if he'll try to save his job for him? Larry was given a new contract this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Any sport played on the professional level is 90% between the ears............I think we need some new ears

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Only this team could do this. Cook got too over anxious on the ground ball.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Be sure of the 1

My philosophy was always - "I am responsible for getting the 1st out, my SS is responsible for getting the 2nd out"......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : Why was Howard Stern so popular?  You tune in to listen to garbage and to see how bad it can get sometimes......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I never could figure that out either, Andrew. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I think Larry Luchinno might step down at the end of the season, just a gut feeling. He has made some questionable moves. I think he was responsible for alienating Teixeira and Boras back in 2009. I think he did not get along with Epstein, and Ben was hired so he could control him and make decisions for him. I think he is out of touch with it as well. In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : The fingerprints of Lucchino are all over it, don't you think? I think Larry is really showing himself to be out of touch this year.  Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : I don't think there's any doubt Valentine will go, exam. My question is, why was he hired to begin with? He was never a great manager and his mouth always got him in trouble Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] It was partly because there was no one else left by the time they waited so long, partly because he was LL's guy, and partly because it was thought (not altogether unreasonably) that he might bring a tougher culture in. But right away he started vacillating and saying dumb things. Things got better for a while, but now we're back at it again. All things considered, we have little choice but to conclude he isn't the leader this team needs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

Do you all think this team is out of it this year?, I would like to say no but its hard not to think so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why must we suffer so ? A pitcher hits the strike zone but on a toss to 2nd he throws it into the outfield( a double play possibility). I had to laugh when Os got 1st hit and heard "well there goes the no hitter".

Life and baseball is not fair...Last night Os 7 hits 7 runs and us 11 hits 1 run.

Tonight Os 3 hits 3 runs and us 6 hits( twice as many) and 2 runs. When do the law of averages work in our favor ? Just frustrated and venting !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

nice play PD and Salty

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What's Don Baylor doing these days?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Give credit to Saltalamachia for taking that hit. I would have gone after him the way he went into him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]This team is pathetic , they should fire 32 players and not Valentine Posted by gymrat05[/QUOTE] 32? Dig into Pawtucket too just to be safe? LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

And i think cook was ok out there, i think he just a run of crap luck...cause he was rolling good

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Any sport played on the professional level is 90% between the ears............I think we need some new ears
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

This is a direct result of all the BS going on around them, IMO. Cant focus on the games with the circus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

These orioles announcers are awful too, omg

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is not a shut down pitcher but with this offense he has to be. In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]And i think cook was ok out there, i think he just a run of crap luck...cause he was rolling good Posted by 1972SoxFan4eva[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": 32? Dig into Pawtucket too just to be safe? LOL
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

LMAO thats funny

Sections
Shortcuts