August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles :  Pettitte had another set back. think the innings have finally caught up with Sabathia. They cant win without pitching in the post season Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Pettitte is done, what is he, like 100? I doing know why he even came back. CC is on the downhill side of his career. Look for more and more of this kind of thing as we move forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : It just seems that you are always sympathetic to the players. Cook apparently was concentrating okay for five innings. He makes a ridiculously poor throw , he should get the blame. Why try to blame it on the " circus ?" 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

did I say anything about cook?? I was talking about the entire season and situation and you know why. if your opinion differs gale, fine.  Yes, Cook and many pitchers for some reason cant seem to throw to an infielder

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Could just be a culture with a positive attitude?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": Pettitte is done, what is he, like 100? I doing know why he even came back. CC is on the downhill side of his career. Look for more and more of this kind of thing as we move forward.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    The difference is that Cashman will find replacements , if need be.  Ben C. will continue to bumble.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]JBay my 15 year old daughter could manage the Yankees with the lineup and personnel they have. I hate them but the could win it this year as well. In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

These are just a few pickups: Tex-Angels, Gardiner-Det, Chavez & Swisher-A's, Jones-Atl & Martin-Dodgers etc. that we could have obtained. I hate the Yankees too but they make good acquisitions and I hope Derek Lowe, who I always liked and was worth a pick up, gets another ring with them. I hate the Lakers too and anyone who thinks they haven't improved with Nash & Howard is an Ostrich with his head in the sand. Mea Culpa...I've grumbled too on Celtic forums about lack of picking up a Center!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : did I say anything about cook?? I was talking about the entire season and situation and you know why. if your opinion differs gale, fine.  Yes, Cook and many pitchers for some reason cant seem to throw to an infielder
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    J , what was the excuse last September ?  Why did the team fall apart in the clutch ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : The difference is that Cashman will find replacements , if need be.  Ben C. will continue to bumble.

hard to say that after one season, gale. He was also handcuffed with limited resources. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Wow Gonzo got tossed? is that... could that be... a shutter of emotion? He's like a JD Drew who smiles. Except he produces.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I like Gonzo but gosh he's slow...most others would have beaten out that grounder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : hard to say that after one season, gale. He was also handcuffed with limited resources. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Here is my take on the state of the Red Sox:  Theo's blunders over the last couple of years have put the team in a bad financial situation. Ben does not get the money to spend that Theo did. Also , Ben is a raw rookie . He has not shown himself to be a good judge of talent. He has stocked this team with a collection of mediocrities. Add in the injuries and the decline of Beckett and Lester, and you have got the mess that we see today. Absolutely none of it is Valentine's fault. You can blame him if you want , but to blame him and absolve and make excuses for the others is extremely unfair. Objectivity is indeed a lost art.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : Here is my take on the state of the Red Sox:  Theo's blunders over the last couple of years have put the team in a bad financial situation. Ben does not get the money to spend that Theo did. Also , Ben is a raw rookie . He has not shown himself to be a good judge of talent. He has stocked this team with a collection of mediocrities. Add in the injuries and the decline of Beckett and Lester, and you have got the mess that we see today. Absolutely none of it is Valentine's fault. You can blame him if you want , but to blame him and absolve and make excuses for the others is extremely unfair. Objectivity is indeed a lost art.

Did I ever say I blamed him??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay my gut feeling is that Larry Luchinno is going to resign at the end of the season. He caused a lot of this crap and should be held accountable. My theory is as long as the Yankees lose and don't get into the Series I am fine with that. In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : dont know, do you?  something happened that caused them to fall apart, was it Tito? was it chicken and beer? mentally collapsed? they cruised along for 4 months, then went on a slide. Gale i'm not here to argue with you about what happened or why. just trying to enjoy what little of the games I can. If you dont like my posts, ignore them.  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Calm down Strope, you don't need God's help to strikeout Saltalamakkia.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : Did I ever say I blamed him??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Yes. Constantly. You are always taking shots at Valentine.  And always defending everyone else .

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]JBay my gut feeling is that Larry Luchinno is going to resign at the end of the season. He caused a lot of this crap and should be held accountable. My theory is as long as the Yankees lose and don't get into the Series I am fine with that. In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Henry just extended his contract, AL. LL isnt going anywhere. He rules the roost. What Henry knows about BB is virtually nothing. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I have often wondered if their was fenagling going on with the Yankees and Chavez in that he waited until after Spring Training to sign with them when there were other teams interested. response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : These are just a few pickups: Tex-Angels, Gardiner-Det, Chavez & Swisher-A's, Jones-Atl & Martin-Dodgers etc. that we could have obtained. I hate the Yankees too but they make good acquisitions and I hope Derek Lowe, who I always liked and was worth a pick up, gets another ring with them. I hate the Lakers too and anyone who thinks they haven't improved with Nash & Howard is an Ostrich with his head in the sand. Mea Culpa...I've grumbled too on Celtic forums about lack of picking up a Center!!!  Posted by SanFranBostonFan[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : Yes. Constantly. You are always taking shots at Valentine.  And always defending everyone else .

You're wrong. I don't. Shots yes, blame no. Wasn't the right man for the job,IMO.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am into my 5th beer of a 6 pack so pardon my venting. What is it with these Os...last night 7 hits/7runs(we 11 hits/1 run) & tonight so far 5hits/5runs and us with more 7 hits have less tha 50% of the runs/3.

When O when do breaks fall our way ??? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I do not even know what Luchinno does for this team. I did not know aboutt the contract. Henry reminds me of a corporate weasly kind of guy who lets others do his dirty work for him. I guess that is where Luchinno comes in. response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : Henry just extended his contract, AL. LL isnt going anywhere. He rules the roost. What Henry knows about BB is virtually nothing.  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

John Henry has spent a lot of money on this team. A lot of money. He does not have to know baseball. He hires people for that.  This high payroll , low results ballclub was assembled by Theo Epstein and Ben Cherington. 

Sections
Shortcuts