August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles

In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles:
    [QUOTE]I do not even know what Luchinno does for this team. I did not know aboutt the contract. Henry reminds me of a corporate weasly kind of guy who lets others do his dirty work for him. I guess that is where Luchinno comes in. response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

He's the president of BB operations. Werner handles the entertainment side. Henry bought the team on the advice of a friend, who told him it would be a good financial investment. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles :  You're wrong. I don't. Shots yes, blame no. Wasn't the right man for the job,IMO.  Like I said gale, ignore is the way to go. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

In defense of "shots against bobby v."  I will quote a brilliant person who said.....

"The players are 95% to blame for this dysfunction & underperformance, but the fact remains, little bobby v. is a joke! He's added to the dysfunction when he didn't need to. I personally believe he is the person leaking all of the stuff about the players. We already know, he was the one who went public with several episodes, i.e. "the Middlebrooks, nice job kid" comments, & the subsequent player revolt. HE, BOBBY V., has clearly had it! He's not going down without taking down the players. In one way, I applaud him for outing these spoiled brats!!!!!!!

Ultimately, he has to GO! YESTERDAY! He has added to the dysfunction, & must be fired!!! Bobby V. has been covering his rear end for months. It's time the organization covered theirs! HE MUST GO NOW!

These 2 seasons will forever be a stain on the history of this great organization! Bobby V. did nothing to start the player dysfunction, but he helped make it worse!"     (anonymous sage opinions by an unknown poster on another thread)  OK........ I admit it was me  :)                     

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am sure the NESN ratings are going to go down in September with this team playing the way they are. response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : i doubt he knows much about soccer either. but he does know how to make money. the only way to get  henry's attention is when the profits go down. Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw....

Befouww I get attacked, I have insida info.  My sista's ex boyfriend's freand in laww, noes the guy who cooks some dawgs & serves the guys beeeas in the clubhouse.  They rayly eat chiken!   So I think I no what Im tawkin about!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure the NESN ratings are going to go down in September with this team playing the way they are. response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

theyre already down, AL. heard yesterday the rating share has gone from an 8 to a 5. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Down to last out with Punto up and its over, good night everybody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

[QUOTE]John Henry has spent a lot of money on this team. A lot of money. He does not have to know baseball. He hires people for that.  This high payroll , low results ballclub was assembled by Theo Epstein and Ben Cherington. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say though. Theo didn't have complete control. And they seemed to have one way of doing things then suddenly make a move that's the comlete opposite of that. I don't think the same who decides that they can't bring back Pedro or Manny after winning a WS because they're due to decline is the same guy who decided John Lackey is worth however many dollars or years it takes to get him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Woopie...our pitching held them to 8 scorless innings !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

That should get Henry's attention. In response to "Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : theyre already down, AL. heard yesterday the rating share has gone from an 8 to a 5. 40%  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

One bad throw to 2nd and poof, another game lost

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I heard something the other day from Shaugnessey who said it will get better in September. I do not see that at all, as a matter of fact I see it getting worse. The thing that scares me is that I do not have confidence in Cherrington at all to fix this and get a decent pitcher in the off season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The only guy who lucked out here is Shoppach, he got traded out of here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I heard something the other day from Shaugnessey who said it will get better in September. I do not see that at all, as a matter of fact I see it getting worse. The thing that scares me is that I do not have confidence in Cherrington at all to fix this and get a decent pitcher in the off season.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Probably because players like Iglesias will be up and playing every day. I only hope they get rid of guys like Beckett and Lackey before next season. If they go into spring training with a similar make up roster, no fan will be excited.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I don't care if the Yankees win this year. I like Lowe, and maybe the Red Sox having the year they're having, capped off with the Yankees winning is a wake up call.

Interesting seeing Bobby V get tossed defending A-Gon. Then not looking at him in the dugout. At first I thought it was Bobby trying to get the support to the players but his body language seemed to suggest he was just doing his job and wasn't happy with A-Gon.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care if the Yankees win this year. I like Lowe, and maybe the Red Sox having the year they're having, capped off with the Yankees winning is a wake up call. Interesting seeing Bobby V get tossed defending A-Gon. Then not looking at him in the dugout. At first I thought it was Bobby trying to get the support to the players but his body language seemed to suggest he was just doing his job and wasn't happy with A-Gon.
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]I actually wouldn't mind renting Big Papi out to them if we could get Banuelos or Betances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox are becoming the Orioles' bit*h. With what the Orioles did to them last year, would like to see the lowly Red Sox play spoiler to them, but they can't even manage that.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

becoming?

I've said that since last September.  The O's spit in our faces every time.  They celebrated harder after they knocked us out of last season that most teams celebrate winning the World Series.  Then there was Luke Scott's and other O's quotes...And what do the Sox don in 2012 when playing the O's?  Bend over, grab their ankles and say Thank you Sir may I have another.......expect more of the same......

People think last Septmeber is in the past?  They're wrong.  The team CHANGED last September and it is who this team is NOW......it's been a year. 

I said in around mid May they would win 80 games.......I am not so sure they will do that now.  Could you imagine only winning 70-something games.  Even 79 would be a disgrace.

The O's own us alright.  Then again, I challenge anyone to name any major league team who does NOT own us??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

And the only sox player who would do anything about it isnt on the sox.

He's on the A's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]And the only sox player who would do anything about it isnt on the sox. He's on the A's.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

I was thinking SF....Marco....Are you referring to Redick?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]John Henry has spent a lot of money on this team. A lot of money. He does not have to know baseball. He hires people for that.  This high payroll , low results ballclub was assembled by Theo Epstein and Ben Cherington. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    bingo! you hit the nail right on the head.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : I was thinking SF....Marco....Are you referring to Redick?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    I am sure it is Reddick. I think Scutaro was a big loss to the team as he could often hit in the clutch, did not whine and complain, and played injured. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 15 Game Thread Sox vs Orioles : I am sure it is Reddick. I think Scutaro was a big loss to the team as he could often hit in the clutch, did not whine and complain, and played injured. 
    Posted by DirtDawgSox[/QUOTE]

No, I was not referring to Reddick the overrated fluke.  I was referring to the guy who handled losing his starting job with absolute class.  The guy who continued to celebrate with his teammates after losing his job.  The guy who many guy considered the "most down to earth" player on the team.  The guy who kept himself ready when he was a bench player, and bailed out a struggling Ellsbury in 2008.

The guy with more fighting spirit than anyone on the current red sox.  The guy who would consider Luke Scott's words fighting words.  The guy who wasnt afraid to take on 2 guys at once (1 of which being a power hitter w 40 lbs on him).

Any other guesses?