August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]He is very well insulated by the Yankees and they would go to extreme levels to protect him, just my thoughts. In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Heading out but I thought I would stop by & I never join these game threads as I think they are the property of RSN. But I have to comment here.

AL - I understand that no player is above suspicion anymore, but you seem to want the Yankees and especially Jeter to be cheating so you have a built in excuse for the last two years. You have been really harping on this subject the last few weeks. Can't you just admit that sometimes things don't go the way you expect during a season and be done with it.

Yes - Jeter was having a bad year - he was hurting and pressing. Gets DL'd, get a break from the insanity and then starts putting up career norms. There is nothing he is doing that would make one even think he is juicing.

Anyway - I am heading out to have real fun. I wish you all a good night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]Back from a family dinner at Applebees....God, I love Applebees....Thank goodness my wife and 2 little girls love it as well.....Two 9 oz. sirloin steaks, plus an appetizer, veggies and potatoes, all for $24 ...Cannot beat that with a stick.....Looks like a good game....Hughes and homers in Yankee Stadium are becoming quite the soup-and-sandwich lock....Any blown calls or controversy yet???? Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE] Guess the girls went hungry if you and the wife had the steaks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They live off that cheap homerun don't they!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Are those your two little girls in your avatar?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Yes carnie...SO precocious,,,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I hate when he beats his chest like a monkey. In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]Swishwer is one of my most hated Yankees.  I hate that smirk.  I'd plunk him for acting like that circling the bases.  Hopefully we see that in his next at bat. Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Lets go Sox!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Yes carnie...SO precocious,,,
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]They must get their looks from their mom. Tongue Out

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You don't thinkbthose lists can be doctored. Do you know what thatbdod to Major League Baseball if his name ever appeared on a list. Those Yankee teams in the late 90s were loaded with juicers. In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks :   How could the Yanks protect Jeter were he to test positive?? This whole statement is lame. You're better than that. I've seen it. Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]The Jeter PED talk is IDIOTIC and shows your jealousy in wishing you've had a player of his caliber to cheer for over the years. Concentrate on Ortiz
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE

Mikey, give up your Ortiz campaign, it's getting old. no one is above suspicion at this point, are they??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is what 38 and getting better and better. Lets see next year with the heavy testing during the year if he is on a par with what he has done. n response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]The Jeter PED talk is IDIOTIC and shows your jealousy in wishing you've had a player of his caliber to cheer for over the years. Concentrate on Ortiz Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]Swishwer is one of my most hated Yankees.  I hate that smirk.  I'd plunk him for acting like that circling the bases.  Hopefully we see that in his next at bat. Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE] Classy. You've been posting much less this season, I wonder why. Oh wait I know why.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

Ok i should have said one of the only Yankees i really Liked

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Can Robertson's pants get any tighter ?Is he kidding or what.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": Classy. You've been posting much less this season, I wonder why. Oh wait I know why.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

He's right tho, Mikey. The guy acts like a clown half the time. He's a good player and I'm sure a good guy but that's not professional behavior, IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : [QUOTE]The Jeter PED talk is IDIOTIC and shows your jealousy in wishing you've had a player of his caliber to cheer for over the years. Concentrate on Ortiz Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE   Mikey, give up your Ortiz campaign, it's getting old. no one is above suspicion at this point, are they?? Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I don't have a campaign Ortiz got caught plain and simple. Jeter hasn't, this is just sour grapes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]He is what 38 and getting better and better. Lets see next year with the heavy testing during the year if he is on a par with what he has done. n response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": Posted by AL34[/QUOTE] Jealousy nothing else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Just saying lets see what he does next year with the heavy duty testing. Do you actually believe Clemens got better with age or did he beat the charges ? In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Heading out but I thought I would stop by & I never join these game threads as I think they are the property of RSN. But I have to comment here. AL - I understand that no player is above suspicion anymore, but you seem to want the Yankees and especially Jeter to be cheating so you have a built in excuse for the last two years. You have been really harping on this subject the last few weeks. Can't you just admit that sometimes things don't go the way you expect during a season and be done with it. Yes - Jeter was having a bad year - he was hurting and pressing. Gets DL'd, get a break from the insanity and then starts putting up career norms. There is nothing he is doing that would make one even think he is juicing. Anyway - I am heading out to have real fun. I wish you all a good night. Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": I don't have a campaign Ortiz got caught plain and simple. Jeter hasn't, this is just sour grapes.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

he didn't tho, mikey. that's the issue. you bring it up every other post. give it a rest. the fact someone hasnt gotten caught really means nothing, does it??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Jeter was having an awful season last year prior to his 3,000th hit. He goes on the DL and then comes back like a gang buster. Totally different player. I remember when he had 4-4 including a homerun against David Price, he looked like he was on something. In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    Melky was in a contract year, and I am sure he thought the potential big payday was worth the risk....Jeter is worshipped in NY, struggles with the bat or not.  He has commercial TV contracts with Ford and a gazillion other sponsors...He is a lock for the HOF...I seriously doubt he is messing with any substances, unless he has a repressed self-sabotage streak...Never been any evidence of that...As for believing everything Victor Conte says, I would say he has a vested interest in juicing up the "juicing problem".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Come on AGon. You are better than that!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'd feel a lot better about this game if David were playing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees won't let him get away. They will come up with the money. In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : He's right tho, Mikey. The guy acts like a clown half the time. He's a good player and I'm sure a good guy but that's not professional behavior, IMO Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I cant wait until this is sox only site...the sooner the better