August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : I think you can only friend another BDC poster, carnie.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]caseycsw/teilhardian/GreenPartyCelt has been here probably longer than I have, and we already seem to be friends. Then again I really like talking smack with Yankee fans on gameday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : LOL mikey you think the boston globe is spending thousands of dollars over a poster complaining?? hardly. been a long time coming. they can't deal with all the BS anymore. not just here, all the sites. celts buins pats.  going troll free  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] You don't help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : caseycsw/teilhardian/GreenPartyCelt has been here probably longer than I have, and we already seem to be friends. Then again I really like talking smack with Yankee fans on gameday. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Good Man!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": Good Man!!
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]Get back your old username and stay away from politics and we could be friends too.Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Get back your old username and stay away from politics and we could be friends too. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] I mainly post the politics stuff on the other forum, id love to have my old username back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": I mainly post the politics stuff on the other forum, id love to have my old username back.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]When you're talking baseball you're fun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Sox will have to win out from here if they still plan on reaching the century mark.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : When you're talking baseball you're fun. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Cheers man, you have a goodnight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]I cant wait until this is sox only site...the sooner the better
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Is that the plan? If so, I think its a mistake. I have no problem with well behaved Yankee fans coming in here and discussing baseball, including pointing out how bad the Red Sox are. Its no secret: we stink. And we will stink for years. Eventually we will end up on top, but no time soon. Thats the fact of the matter. Sad, but true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": I mainly post the politics stuff on the other forum, id love to have my old username back.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

Which forum is that Harpua? I enjoy discussing politics if its the right venue-which is not here.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Is that the plan? If so, I think its a mistake. I have no problem with well behaved Yankee fans coming in here and discussing baseball, including pointing out how bad the Red Sox are. Its no secret: we stink. And we will stink for years. Eventually we will end up on top, but no time soon. Thats the fact of the matter. Sad, but true.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

You havent been here, pumpsie. There are a few well behaved NYY fans but theyre in the minority. Presently, there's one who has multiple screen names, imitates and mocks sox posters he doesn't like and does the thread bumping.  BDC has lost a lot of posters, costing the money. not just here all the sports soites. they decided to take action. I think it's for the best. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

It is what it is, monsieur...I will miss this site, but I can also understand Red Sox fans not wanting to have the gloating Yankee fans around...It has to be especially hard now because of all the dysfunction on the team and in the organization itself. It's like not wanting to have your friends over when daddy is boozing it up because you KNOW you will never hear the end of it...If the roles of the 2 teams were reversed, and it was Bronx Zoo II, except a basement berth this time and not a WS berth, the Yankee fans would be emasculated to a large extent...What could they possibly say to really have a negative impact on Red Sox fans other than "Look, I have twenty plus more rings than you, my friend, but we stink right now!" So the current sad state of the Bosox leaves a gaping wound in RSN that puerile Yankee fans can exploit....I wish all the Red Sox fans the best with the new, improved and thoroughly sanitiized site.....But if the Red Sox do not turn it around next year, and the Yawkey Way Zoo blues continue to haunt the franchise, then the site will likely have more than it's share of acrimony and cannibalizing recrimination, just without Yankee fans stirring the pot...Good luck with that....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Which forum is that Harpua? I enjoy discussing politics if its the right venue-which is not here. Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE] Youre right its a mistake to ban other fans, if it happens. There is a great political thread here on BDC and the republicans don't try to get the dems kicked off and vice versa.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]It is what it is, monsieur...I will miss this site, but I can also understand Red Sox fans not wanting to have the gloating Yankee fans around...It has to be especially hard now because of all the dysfunction on the team and in the organization itself. It's like not wanting to have your friends over when daddy is boozing it up because you KNOW you will never hear the end of it...If the roles of the 2 teams were reversed, and it was Bronx Zoo II, except a basement berth this time and not a WS berth, the Yankee fans would be emasculated to a large extent...What could they possibly say to really have a negative impact on Red Sox fans other than "Look, I have twenty plus more rings than you, my friend, but we stink right now!" So the current sad state of the Bosox leaves a gaping wound in RSN that puerile Yankee fans can exploit....I wish all the Red Sox fans the best with the new, improved and thoroughly sanitiized site.....But if the Red Sox do not turn it around next year, and the Yawkey Way Zoo blues continue to haunt the franchise, then the site will likely have more than it's share of acrimony and cannibalizing recrimination, just without Yankee fans stirring the pot...Good luck with that....
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with, GPC nothing. youre missing the point. Gloat all you want. its the disruption to the forum and the few that want to ruin it . well ruin it you did and theyre changing it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": Youre right its a mistake to ban other fans, if it happens. There is a great political thread here on BDC and the republicans don't try to get the dems kicked off and vice versa.

no one tried to get you kicked off,  mikey. you did that all by yourself kid but you believe what you want. i  had the balls to stick up for you, when no on else did. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : You havent been here, pumpsie. There are a few well behaved NYY fans but theyre in the minority. Presently, there's one who has multiple screen names, imitates and mocks sox posters he doesn't like and does the thread bumping.  BDC has lost a lot of posters, costing the money. not just here all the sports soites. they decided to take action. I think it's for the best. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Jbay, how do you know all this stuff? You on your batphone again?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Jeter was having an awful season last year prior to his 3,000th hit. He goes on the DL and then comes back like a gang buster. Totally different player. I remember when he had 4-4 including a homerun against David Price, he looked like he was on something. In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Wrong again. When Jeter started 2011, he was using a new "no stride" stance that was an abysmal failure. When he got hurt, it was decided he wasn't getting enough rest, and the NYY changed their rest policy for him, He then went to the Yankee academy in Tampa and reinvented his swing, with the finest instructors in tow.

Also, FWIW, Canseco said in his book if there's one player who's clean, it's Jeter.

The rest is just a bad case of sore loser-itis, following a team which is currently the biggest laughing stock in sports, exceeding even the Jets & Knicks. BV not being able to choose his own coaches & Pedroia (although a player anybody would want) getting away with that remark earlier this yr about how things are done is symptomatic of the problem.

The only way this team shall recover is via a complete overhaul, starting with a selling of the team; John Henry seems bored, like he would be with an old mistress.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]Harpua used to be on the BDC Politics Forum as Camelwalk. He was also MikeyintheBronx on this forum. His politics are ulta-Conservative much like most on this forum. Maybe he is also most of the monikers on this forum. It is illogical that this forum is 90% ultra-conservative since the population of the USA is only 10% ultra-conservative.  Mikey / Camelwalk thus has about 20 monikers here - Kim was correct. Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE] This is my one screename pike, you have like 40 including Kimsaysthis, you're a cancer on this forum. I am not ultra anything, I am right of center.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": Youre right its a mistake to ban other fans, if it happens. There is a great political thread here on BDC and the republicans don't try to get the dems kicked off and vice versa.

I have no problems with debating politics. This is not the place though. I do not care what anyone's political bent is as long as they are ethically straight and not a bigot. Its a heated subject to be sure, but in reality some of my best friends are conservatives. I am, for the record, a social liberal but a financial conservative. I will try to find that forum because it seems like it might be a lot more interesting than discussing this damn team right now.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Then why is J-Bay calling you Mikey?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]Why am I calling you pike?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Then they're p#ssies. If you can't talk with your chief rivals then who are you really? Not a Red Sox fan, at least not in my book. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Yes!!!!!!!!The old posters on this forum knew that!! That's when this forum was at its best!!

Sections
Shortcuts