August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : I reckoned that was you. AL East baby. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Its me, I'm off to bed. hopefully I'm here to stay because this forum has always been better with a mixture.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]Harpua just said that Harpua is his only moniker and then five minutes he admits that he was Mikey. LOL. A year ago he also admitted that he was also Camelwalk. Now here is a liar. Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE] Again, have you seen a mikey or camelwalk post lately? Goodnight Kim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : You have been away from this forum for years and haven't read thousands of posts. J-Bay was the biggest fan of the biggest Yankee troll ever and that was Babe. J-Bay prefers Yankee trolls instead of fans like Breidy, JimfromFlorida, Notin, Expitch, Moonslav, and loyal Sox fans. J-Bay's favorite abode is gamethreads which is reeking with trolls such as Yazzer. He feels comfortable in that company. A den of whiners, pessimists, and malcontents like Andrew. Why he likes that company is strange indeed.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Yup. Been gone for years. JBay seems pretty level headed to me, succoring to neither the pessimist, realists, nor to the optimists. You prefer, obviously, the more optimistic viewpoint but you are not as sugary sweet as RedSoxKimmi whose posts I find as nauseating as overly sweet ice tea. Its all good Calzone; each to his own. Imagine a forum where only one viewpoint was allowed. How boring that would be. 
    Here is what I think: all of us are incredibly fed up with a disastrous season and are demoralized about the near term prospects for improvement. Instead of attacking one another on a personal level, lets try to comment on the POSTS, not the POSTER. Lets discuss BASEBALL and not other Red Sox fans as much as possible. Deep breath everyone.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": Its me, I'm off to bed. hopefully I'm here to stay because this forum has always been better with a mixture.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

Good for you Harpua. You are welcome here. I am off to bed too. Let cooler heads prevail.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Yup. Been gone for years. JBay seems pretty level headed to me, succoring to neither the pessimist, realists, nor to the optimists. You prefer, obviously, the more optimistic viewpoint but you are not as sugary sweet as RedSoxKimmi whose posts I find as nauseating as overly sweet ice tea. Its all good Calzone; each to his own. Imagine a forum where only one viewpoint was allowed. How boring that would be.  Here is what I think: all of us are incredibly fed up with a disastrous season and are demoralized about the near term prospects for improvement. Instead of attacking one another on a personal level, lets try to comment on the POSTS, not the POSTER. Lets discuss BASEBALL and not other Red Sox fans as much as possible. Deep breath everyone.........
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]You're p!ssing in the wind pumpsie.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]KST exposes trolls, pretenders, inconsistencies, and phonies. Nothing is evil about that. What is wrong with the forum are those types. Why debate those who pretend to be Red Sox fans? Isn't that a waste of time, energy, and effort. Debating a pretender is fun???? You must be kidding. Why does J-Bay want BDC to moderate when he hates moderation, truth, no truth, honesty, and sincerity. J-Bay actually prefers anarchy and an anything goes environment. A room full of Yazzer types makes him giddy.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]And what are you if not a pretend Red Sox fan?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Pumpsie and Cater prefer long threads that are much ado about nothing because they are bored.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]So tell me about why you love Jim Rice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with, GPC nothing. youre missing the point. Gloat all you want. its the disruption to the forum and the few that want to ruin it . well ruin it you did and theyre changing it. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    No one is gloating, J-Bay..I was talking about "gloating"" in general when your rival is going thru a rough stretch..And I do get it that a number of Yankee fans have intentionally been disruptive on the site, with thread bumping and a variety of other negative behaviors...But this ultimately comes down to losses and gains...I am happy for you if a Yankee-fan-free site is what the doctor ordered to make this a safer or happier place for you...But I think you are underestimating what you are losing in the process...This forum, to a certain extent, captured the age-old Yamkee- Red Sox rivalry on the field, even if it got messy at times...And I think you are minimizing the loss of that dynamic once people have been banned and booted away...Clearly, any forum can censor anyone and anything because it is, in the final analysis, a business.  That business is set up to make money and free speech rights take a back seat to that business' need to turn a profit since it is financing the site in the first place...You sign an agreement when you join that essentially gives the site the power to censor anything or anybody if they hurt that business in its efforts to make the venture a profitable one...
        While all this is true, I still think it is unseemly for a Boston Red Sox forum, clearly linked to a major metropolitan newspaper, the Boston Globe, to ban potential members because they are Yankee fans, and not because they are disruptive or abusive posters...If someone is making inappropriate political commentaries, ban them for good...If they are being verbally abusive to others, ban them for good.  If they are bumping threads, use your new IP identification software to ban them for good...But to ban all the non-disruptive Yankee fans as well (and I hardly include myself in that category because of my numerous strident political posts on this forum over the years) simply for being Yankee fans is a draconian remedy at best and a potential public relations disaster at worst...Maybe BDC should actually try to find out if this is really what the majority want, or is it just easier to ban all Gotham supporters than do the harder work necessary to screen out the disruptive posters permanently...If they have the software you talk about, it can certainly be done.. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : No one is gloating, J-Bay..I was talking about "gloating"" in general when your rival is going thru a rough stretch..And I do get it that a number of Yankee fans have intentionally been disruptive on the site, with thread bumping and a variety of other negative behaviors...But this ultimately comes down to losses and gains...I am happy for you if a Yankee-fan-free site is what the doctor ordered to make this a safer or happier place for you...But I think you are underestimating what you are losing in the process...This forum, to a certain extent, captured the age-old Yamkee- Red Sox rivalry on the field, even if it got messy at times...And I think you are minimizing the loss of that dynamic once people have been banned and booted away...Clearly, any forum can censor anyone and anything because it is, in the final analysis, a business.  That business is set up to make money and free speech rights take a back seat to that business' need to turn a profit since it is financing the site in the first place...You sign an agreement when you join that essentially gives the site the power to censor anything or anybody if they hurt that business in its efforts to make the venture a profitable one...     While all this is true, I still think it is unseemly for a Boston Red Sox forum, clearly linked to a major metropolitan newspaper, the Boston Globe, to ban potential members because they are Yankee fans, and not because they are disruptive or abusive posters...If someone is making inappropriate political commentaries, ban them for good...If they are being verbally abusive to others, ban them for good.  If they are bumping threads, use your new IP identification software to ban them for good...But to ban all the non-disruptive Yankee fans as well (and I hardly include myself in that category because of my numerous strident political posts on this forum over the years) simply for being Yankee fans is a draconian remedy at best and a potential public relations disaster at worst...Maybe BDC should actually try to find out if this is really what the majority want, or is it just easier to ban all Gotham supporters than do the harder work necessary to screen out the disruptive posters permanently...If they have the software you talk about, it can certainly be done.. 
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Sorry for saying your girls didn't resemble you. I had no basis for that. Just talking smack on gameday. You're from Manhattan, you know how it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Carnie, my basement is loaded with scrapbooks and memorabilia about the Sox for the last 50 years. I've listened to or watched 90% of Sox games for 50 years. I've been disappointed as much as anyone but I don't need to be publicly catharctic about it and preach to the choir on a forum daily. I am like millions of fans in RSN who internalize their disappointment. I get no pleasure in bahing the personal integrity of the players on MY TEAM, that would be disingenuous and disloyal. I never say "I told you so" because I won't paint myself into a corner by bashing. I don't root for my team by ridiculing them, questioning their personal integrity, and being simplistic.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]So tell me why you love Jim Rice. Or Fred Lynn or Rick Burleson or Luis Tiant or Bob Stanley.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]The Globe needs to weed out this forum and it shouln't be due to lost revenues. Most decent forums are moderated. How long would the village idiot Yazzer last on a moderated forum? Moderated forums are forums that many of you don't like / prefer. There lies the problem. You want the company of the az-holes, clowns, chronic malcontents, pretenders, and fake concerns. You come here for the entertainment of the 3-ring circus, the Jake, Jed, Drew, Crawford absurd bashing on a daily basis. Most forums would not tolerate that. Such repetition is boring, irritating, and predictable. Why you like that is very strange. Do you come here as fraternity brothers of Animal House? You love Andrewmitch but disdain KST? That says it all.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you love Jim Rice. And I tolerate andrewmitch because he occasionally makes a coherent baseball point unlike you.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : I could start threads about those players but I'm sure that you would still gravitate towards the Bill-806, ADG, Communist Contrarian, and Softlaw threads. They seem to garner your undivided attention.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]Bill-806 and the capitalist? Laughing And I'm still waiting. Why exactly do you love Jim Rice?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I would welcome more talk about the 1975 Red Sox instead of those having a cow over the comment made by Pedroia earlier in the season " We don't operate that way around here". Let it go, he was wrong but why beat it into the ground. The media made a huge deal out of it also and then the forum gossipers had to obsess over it. Let it go, it isn't that earth shattering. Only old gossipy ladies like to obsess over minutia. You people love to create mountains out of mole hills.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]Still waiting...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : theyve lost alot of posters...its costing them ad money. thats the bottom line. not my doing or decision. just passing it along. and FYI, I was an advocate for the nyy here. not just the nyy posters will go anyone disrupting the forum. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    I get that JBAy...But if they have this new software, what is to prevent them from using it judiciously...Posters like jesseyeric are an asset to the site...Don't be surprised if the "ban all Yankee fans" approach turns out to be a short-lived experiment...Not because of any gratuitous free-speech considerations, but because they are still not attracting enough posters and therefore not enough ad revenue...Simply put, I think whoever made the decision at BDC is being very short-sighted...The Mikeys and Smiley Benis are not hurting the forum attendance as much as the shoddy Red Sox play on the field is..That being said, go ahead and get rid of the disruptive posters...Red Sox fans, even in the midst of hard times at RSN, are adult enough to deal with respectful Yankee fans...It ADDS something to the mix..I realize I am toast because of my left-wing politics and my Big Mouth, but that is as it should be from a business perspective...This is a baseball site after all, and people not only do not want to hear political commentary...But they certainly do NOT want to hear left-wing political commentary...All I am saying J-Bay is that I seriously doubt that the Red Sox fans only approach will last long...The Boston Globe is a major metropoltan newspaper, and a liberal one at that...We are not talking overthemonster.com or bleacherreport.com here...And from a business perpective, I bet that the experiment will sink faster than the Titanic...If they really want to rustle up more hits and more members for the BDC Red Sox forum, they might want to donate some dough to John Henry's "Let's All Get a Number One Starter"" charity...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Sorry for saying your girls didn't resemble you. I had no basis for that. Just talking smack on gameday. You're from Manhattan, you know how it is.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Haha..I missed that, monsieur...But jeez, I have no idea whose genes they have...Maybe a paternity test is in order?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : No more Babe, Mikey, and other trolls? What an about face for you.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]You'd be first on my list for a permanent ban. Not only are you not a Red Sox fan, but you give Red Sox fans a bad name by being a wimp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 17 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Haha..I missed that, monsieur...But jeez, I have no idea whose genes they have...Maybe a paternity test is in order?
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Ma mere always said I belonged to the milkman.

Sections
Shortcuts