Swisher 1B
    Cano 2B
    Granderson CF
    Chavez 3B
    Ibanez LF
    Martin C
    Suzuki RF
    McGhee DH
    Pitching: RHP Hiroki Kuroda (11-8, 3.06)

Jeter back at SS tonight,

Ciriaco looks to build on his reputation as the Yankee Killer, he is 15 of 29 against the Yankees this season with seven RBIs in seven games

Stat of the Day: The Sox are 17-15 at the new Yankee Stadium. They are the only American League team with a winning record in the park.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

In Response to August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]RED SOX (59-62) Ellsbury CF Crawford LF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Lavarnway C Saltalamacchia DH Podsednik RF Ciriaco SS Punto 2B Pitching: RHP Josh Beckett (5-10, 5.19) YANKEES (71-49) Jeter SS Swisher 1B Cano 2B Granderson CF Chavez 3B Ibanez LF Martin C Suzuki RF McGhee DH Pitching: RHP Hiroki Kuroda (11-8, 3.06) Jeter back at SS tonight,   Ciriaco looks to build on his reputation as the Yankee Killer, he is 15 of 29 against the Yankees this season with seven RBIs in seven games Stat of the Day: The Sox are 17-15 at the new Yankee Stadium. They are the only American League team with a winning record in the park.
    Posted by lstboss[/QUOTE]

change Bunto to 3B......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : change Bunto to 3B......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd have Ross or even Gomez at DH over Salty.
    If Aviles is healthy, I'd have him at 3B instead of Punto.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : thanks

I think that was Pete A's fault.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I'd have Ross or even Gomez at DH over Salty.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Why's that moon?  Salty 766 OPS vs RHP, Ross 726.  Also Salty has a 3-run homer off Kuroda.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Salty continues his Rob Deer-esque campaign.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hey Belhorn struck out a ton too but that worked out pretty good for us.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Belhorn struck out a ton too but that worked out pretty good for us.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but now he makes a lot of idiotic posts on this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Yeah, but now he makes a lot of idiotic posts on this board.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Amen to that....and Amen to the ignore button!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Why's that moon?  Salty 766 OPS vs RHP, Ross 726.  Also Salty has a 3-run homer off Kuroda.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Salty has been horrible of late. Besides, why even bring up kids like Gomez if he isn't going to play? Seems he would be better off getting reps in he minors. V finally is playing Lavarnway at catcher more regularly, albeit without much success so far, rather than Salty. Thats a step in the right direction. I want to see the kids in the lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Incidentally, the Rays are now just five games behind the Bankees for the ALE crown. The Orioles are just six. If the Sox can manage to beat the Bankees tonite one or both of those teams could give them a run for their money.  If the Sox don't win the ALE I would much rather the Rays do it than the Bankees.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Quick HONEY, lets get  ESPN.......  Beckett$ is pitching his last game in a RED $OX uni tonight, I don't care what it CO$T'$, LETS GET IT !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Nearly every ML player is put on waivers at some point. Beckett is going nowhere at least until the season is over. I am with you: I think he needs to go. Just not overly optimistic he will be gone soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Salty has been horrible of late. Besides, why even bring up kids like Gomez if he isn't going to play? Seems he would be better off getting reps in he minors. V finally is playing Lavarnway at catcher more regularly, albeit without much success so far, rather than Salty. Thats a step in the right direction. I want to see the kids in the lineup.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

I like Salty in the lineup instead of a righty hitter.  Salty hits much better against righties and Yankee Stadium favors lefty hitters.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]RED SOX (59-62) Ellsbury CF Crawford LF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Lavarnway C Saltalamacchia DH Podsednik RF Ciriaco SS Punto 3B Pitching: RHP Josh Beckett (5-10, 5.19) YANKEES (71-49) Jeter SS Swisher 1B Cano 2B Granderson CF Chavez 3B Ibanez LF Martin C Suzuki RF McGhee DH Pitching: RHP Hiroki Kuroda (11-8, 3.06) Jeter back at SS tonight,   Ciriaco looks to build on his reputation as the Yankee Killer, he is 15 of 29 against the Yankees this season with seven RBIs in seven games Stat of the Day: The Sox are 17-15 at the new Yankee Stadium. They are the only American League team with a winning record in the park.
    That is just an embarrassing 5 through 9 for the Red Sox !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Nearly every ML player is put on waivers at some point. Beckett is going nowhere at least until the season is over. I am with you: I think he needs to go. Just not overly optimistic he will be gone soon.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Don't think there will be any blockbuster trades,this off season, Beckett or otherwise. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : That is just an embarrassing 5 through 9 for the Red Sox !
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Huh?  Ciriaco is 15 for 29 vs. the Yankees this year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Don't think there will be any blockbuster trades,this off season, Beckett or otherwise. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No?  I think they will look to trade Beckett at least.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

anyone have Ellsbury's numbers since he has been back ? they cant be good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

why am I not optimistic with Beckett pitching in skankee stadium.....:(

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

that's why

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

[QUOTE]why am I not optimistic with Beckett pitching in skankee stadium.....:(
    Posted by xdrive[/QUOTE]

thats why

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Can someone please tell me why this game is on prime time t.v. One team is completely out of it & the other is coasting to a division title. There were a few other games more worthy of it with playoff implications. The league tries to hype up a rivalry that just isn't what it once was. Honestly, at this point of a lost season for the Sox, does anyone really care about Yankees vs. Red Sox ?

Sections
Shortcuts