August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : not anymore, lloyd. if nothing else, another 5,000 to the jimmy fund 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Right on cue, wasn't it.
    Hmm ... "We're playing in the same bandbox, and all we have two measly singles and one home run."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Tito's right, why are they holding the runner on?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Right on cue, wasn't it. Hmm ... "We're playing in the same bandbox, and all we have two measly singles and one home run."
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

perfectly. just as I was reading it......GONE-zo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : he is serious and he's also right. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Why would that be j-bay..More than one ID makes you a phony and a fraud?...So you are okay with that kind of personal bashing...Or is it one's politics that makes a person that way..? Namely, if you are on the opposite end of the right-wing, conservative spectrum that dgale embraces.....You know nothing about me, or the life I lead, but you are ready to agree that I am a phony and a fraud...I have a full life beyond this forum, and I have enjoyed being on here while it lasted....I will not miss the gratuitous personal attacks on here that people seem to revel in...It says a lot about the people doing the attacking, as well as the individuals lining up behind them to join in the fest...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

How can you give up two homers to a punch and judy hitter like Ichiro? Beckett SUCKS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]How can you give up two homers to a punch and judy hitter like Ichiro? Beckett SUCKS!
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]
    To be honest, I agre to some extent...This is the best Ichiro has looked since they signed him...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Green Party stands for what?
    Posted by Clamshack1[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Wow, Lavarnway gets a hit!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]How can you give up two homers to a punch and judy hitter like Ichiro? Beckett SUCKS!

Sort of helps when you throw a batting practice fastball down the center of the plate twice to the same guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Why would that be j-bay..More than one ID makes you a phony and a fraud?...So you are okay with that kind of personal bashing...Or is it one's politics that makes a person that way..? Namely, if you are on the opposite end of the right-wing, conservative spectrum that dgale embraces.....You know nothing about me, or the life I lead, but you are ready to agree that I am a phony and a fraud...I have a full life beyond this forum, and I have enjoyed being on here while it lasted....I will not miss the gratuitous personal attacks on here that people seem to revel in...It says a lot about the people doing the attacking, as well as the individuals lining up behind them to join in the fest...

It would be, because I happen to agree with him. You're disingenuous, at best. 
    just my opinion, mind you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Just another craptastic game for Beckett.  6 innings, 4 earned runs, 7 hits, 3 walks.  Pretty much in line with his 2012 numbers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Sort of helps when you throw a batting practice fastball down the center of the plate twice to the same guy. Posted by traven[/QUOTE] The fat cat has been doing that all year. I can't stand watching him anymore. They have to get rid of him. He is killing them on and off the field. There is no more hated Boston athlete than Beckett.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Just more tongue -in- cheek magic.  I am only kidding. I am really a nice guy. How is your friend , Chiliwings  ?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    To actually answer that question without sarcasm, I do like chilliwings, even though I do not agree with his philosophical beliefs...Namely his atheistic secular humanism...Listen dgale...Political opposite of you or not, I have agreed with a number of your baseball posts while I was here..If it makes you feel better to believe that I'm a "phony and a fraud", I am glad that works for you...But I bear no animosity to you...The only 2 posters on here that have made me lose it are KST and pike, both of whom have gone after me interminably...And with KST, I let myself get caught up in the negativity, and tried to return it in kind...Not something I am proud of..I have had a close friend for years whose politics are very conservative...We never agree, but he would do anything for me, and vice versa..Like brothers...So there you have it..And that is from a JBAY-certified fraud and phony, someone whose ID will certain to be banned permanently...No need to be respectful to a parting charlatan....No need at all...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": The fat cat has been doing that all year. I can't stand watching him anymore. They have to get rid of him. He is killing them on and off the field. There is no more hated Boston athlete than Beckett.

my fear with that is, he'll do what it takes to show Boston they were wrong to trade him. the ultimate middle finger. that said, this season has been like no other for Beckett. He admitted he's embarrassed. I think he may finally realize he needs to do more than he's had to, in the past. Also, an even year, FWIW

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : my fear with that is, he'll do what it takes to show boston they were wrong to trade him. the ultimate middle finger. that said, this season has been like no other for Beckett. He admitted hes embarrassed. I think he may finally realize he needs to do more that he's had to in the past. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think he realizes he has to do better - I just don't think he can anymore.  He has lost too much off of his fastball and does not command his pitches that well anymore.  Bottom line is that he is not living up to what his contract is paying him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

At least Josh Beckett kept Suzuki off the bases after Ichiro had two singles and two stolen bases off Beckett and Jarrod Saltalamacchia in a 5-0 Red Sox win over the Seattle Mariners on May 15 at Fenway:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS201205150.shtml

... and two singles and another stolen base off the same duo in Seattle's 3-2 win on June 30 at Safeco Field:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA201206300.shtml

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And let us not forget that the Sox might have been able to sign Curoda, but passed on him. Brilliant.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : I think he realizes he has to do better - I just don't think he can anymore.  He has lost too much off of his fastball and does not command his pitches that well anymore.  Bottom line is that he is not living up to what his contract is paying him.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

he's depended on his fast ball in the past, that's gone and not coming back. he needs to learn how to "pitch", not just throw. if he can and gets into better condition, he can still be effective 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]And let us not forget that the Sox might have been able to sign Curoda, but passed on him. Brilliant.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

That was one of the key signings of the offseason.  He's been huge for the Yankees, one of their MVP's I'd say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Beckett needs to get on a serious diet and get a unrelenting trainer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Miller looks pretty good in short/middle relief..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]And let us not forget that the Sox might have been able to sign Curoda, but passed on him. Brilliant.
    Or Hiroki Kuroda passed on signing with the Red Sox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks :  he's depended on his fast ball in the past, that's gone and not coming back. he needs to learn how to "pitch", not just throw. if he can and gets into better condition, he can still be effective 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you that he needs to become a pitcher and that he can do it.  King Fellix had to adjust to the loss of a few mph off his fastball and now he is a true pitcher...and one I wish was on the Sox roster...wishful thinking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

exam see the pirates beat the cardinals in 19?? 6 hours +

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Or Hiroki Kuroda passed on signing with the Red Sox.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox passed on signing any starting pitchers at all.