August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks

The weird thing is, this actually was one of Beckett's better outings since the first week of July. Which, considering he gave up 4 ER in 6 IP, is a pretty sad statement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : That was one of the key signings of the offseason.  He's been huge for the Yankees, one of their MVP's I'd say.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    Without Kuroda, Tampa Bay and the Orioles would be right there, or even ahead, depending on who the Yanks ended up within that rotation spot...And maybe they would have gotten nobody else...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : exam see the pirates beat the cardinals in 19?? 6 hours +
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    I actually watched from about the 13th on. It was crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : To actually answer that question without sarcasm, I do like chilliwings, even though I do not agree with his philosophical beliefs...Namely his atheistic secular humanism...Listen dgale...Political opposite of you or not, I have agreed with a number of your baseball posts while I was here..If it makes you feel better to believe that I'm a "phony and a fraud", I am glad that works for you...But I bear no animosity to you...The only 2 posters on here that have made me lose it are KST and pike, both of whom have gone after me interminably...And with KST, I let myself get caught up in the negativity, and tried to return it in kind...Not something I am proud of..I have had a close friend for years whose politics are very conservative...We never agree, but he would do anything for me, and vice versa..Like brothers...So there you have it..And that is from a JBAY-certified fraud and phony, someone whose ID will certain to be banned permanently...No need to be respectful to a parting charlatan....No need at all... Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE] What a steaming pile tielhard. If I'd label you a phony it would be because of the fake, sometimes condescending and patronizing comments you make about the Sox. "You guys have a great team", and etc. when we all know you hate the Sox' guts and want them to lose every game. Keep it real friend. I don't agree with atheistic secular humanism either, but neither am I totally fooled by this emotional appeal you've tried to create here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]The weird thing is, this actually was one of Beckett's better outings since the first week of July. Which, considering he gave up 4 ER in 6 IP, is a pretty sad statement.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

He was fortunate though.  He loaded the bases with one out for two lefty hitters, then went 3-0 and 2-0 on them.  Somehow he didn't pay for that one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Any time you think that the Sox can get it going, they just fall flat.  Seeing it again tonight. Totally dominated by Kuroda , while Ichiro goes deep twice off Beckett. It is just a lost cause. The worst part is that we think the future is bright because we have a handful of good prospects. The fact is that other teams have more and better prospects.  We could be facing a long drought.  Not a pleasant thought , but very real.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : To actually answer that question without sarcasm, I do like chilliwings, even though I do not agree with his philosophical beliefs...Namely his atheistic secular humanism...Listen dgale...Political opposite of you or not, I have agreed with a number of your baseball posts while I was here..If it makes you feel better to believe that I'm a "phony and a fraud", I am glad that works for you...But I bear no animosity to you...The only 2 posters on here that have made me lose it are KST and pike, both of whom have gone after me interminably...And with KST, I let myself get caught up in the negativity, and tried to return it in kind...Not something I am proud of..I have had a close friend for years whose politics are very conservative...We never agree, but he would do anything for me, and vice versa..Like brothers...So there you have it..And that is from a JBAY-certified fraud and phony, someone whose ID will certain to be banned permanently...No need to be respectful to a parting charlatan....No need at all...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

You seem creepy. Just my take.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Any time you think that the Sox can get it going, they just fall flat.  Seeing it again tonight. Totally dominated by Kuroda , while Ichiro goes deep twice off Beckett. It is just a lost cause. The worst part is that we think the future is bright because we have a handful of good prospects. The fact is that other teams have more and better prospects.  We could be facing a long drought.  Not a pleasant thought , but very real.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

The only advantage we have, over most teams, is money.  Have to be smarter with it the next few years.

Higher picks in the draft this year though. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sox farm system is pretty thin...especially SP...if it was there Sox would have brought it up by now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : He was fortunate though.  He loaded the bases with one out for two lefty hitters, then went 3-0 and 2-0 on them.  Somehow he didn't pay for that one.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": What a steaming pile tielhard. If I'd label you a phony it would be because of the fake, sometimes condescending and patronizing comments you make about the Sox. "You guys have a great team", and etc. when we all know you hate the Sox' guts and want them to lose every game. Keep it real friend. I don't agree with atheistic secular humanism either, but neither am I totally fooled by this emotional appeal you've tried to create here.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

He admitted to mutilple screen names, exam.  thats the BS that will stop soon, hopefully. notice "clamshack" took off, also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Any time you think that the Sox can get it going, they just fall flat.  Seeing it again tonight. Totally dominated by Kuroda , while Ichiro goes deep twice off Beckett. It is just a lost cause. The worst part is that we think the future is bright because we have a handful of good prospects. The fact is that other teams have more and better prospects.  We could be facing a long drought.  Not a pleasant thought , but very real.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Assuming Middlebrooks and Crawford come back healthy, the Red Sox to me look maybe 2 decent starting pitchers (a #1 and maybe a #3) short of a WS caliber team....Middlebrooks is scary, and so is Ciriaco...If Ellsbury has an Ellsbury like year in 2013 (assuming he is still with the Red Sox), I do not see how they can be anything but a very strong playoff team...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Tazawa has really pitched well this year.  He's a potential bright spot for our pitching.  Will they try him as a starter or keep him in the pen?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : I actually watched from about the 13th on. It was crazy. Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE] I watched a bunch of that too. I wanted it to go a LOT longer to burn both those pens up and give the Reds that much better chance to gain on them both next week. I was hoping for something in the 25-30 inning range.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": What a steaming pile tielhard. If I'd label you a phony it would be because of the fake, sometimes condescending and patronizing comments you make about the Sox. "You guys have a great team", and etc. when we all know you hate the Sox' guts and want them to lose every game. Keep it real friend. I don't agree with atheistic secular humanism either, but neither am I totally fooled by this emotional appeal you've tried to create here.
    Simply not the case exam..I think the Red Sox have been snakebit this year, especially because of Beckett's horrible outings and Lester pitching before hislast 2 outings...I am serious when I say the Red Sox will be playoff contenders next year..They obviously need starting pitching, but they have a solid lineup...If they manage to get that pitching for 2013, I have no doubt they will be a playoff contender next year...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Let's go Sox!  At least the meat of the order is up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : He admitted to mutilple screen names, exam.  thats the BS that will stop soon, hopefully. notice "clamshack" took off, also. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] NHStepen called him out on that a few weeks ago. I never did see a response from him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": I watched a bunch of that too. I wanted it to go a LOT longer to burn both those pens up and give the Reds that much better chance to gain on them both next week. I was hoping for something in the 25-30 inning range.
    For some reason, I wanted it go at least 20. Just so it would be 20 and not 19.
    I actually grew up a Pirates fan. Fell in love with Roberto Clemente the season of '71 and got to watch him only one more year after that. So I still have a soft spot for the Bucs. I drifted over to the Sox in '78, of all seasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : Simply not the case exam..I think the Red Sox have been snakebit this year, especially because of Beckett's horrible outings and Lester pitching before hislast 2 outings...I am serious when I say the Red Sox will be playoff contenders next year..They obviously need starting pitching, but they have a solid lineup...If they manage to get that pitching for 2013, I have no doubt they will be a playoff contender next year... Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE] Well, haven't run afoul of you enough not to give you the benefit of the doubt, but the doubt is there nonetheless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : For some reason, I wanted it go at least 20. Just so it would be 20 and not 19. I actually grew up a Pirates fan. Fell in love with Roberto Clemente the season of '71 and got to watch him only one more year after that. So I still have a soft spot for the Bucs. I drifted over to the Sox in '78, of all seasons.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

what a tragedy that was. Clemente was great, player and person

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : what a tragedy that was. Clemente was so great. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Amen. On and off the field.
    Interestingly, the reason I became a Sox fan in '78 was Dwight Evans. Must have a thing for right fielders with cannons for arms.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Oh well...just another ho-hum effort from the Sox and they fall further below .500. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : He admitted to mutilple screen names, exam.  thats the BS that will stop soon, hopefully. notice "clamshack" took off, also.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    I have also confessed to my local pastor...My pregnant wife and 2 young daughters know, and they are struggling with the revelation as best they can...I did everything up unto this admision to hide it as best I could, including attaching the same 2 quotes to each of the 3 screen names...Where did I go wrong in life...?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : I have also confessed to my local pastor...My pregnant wife and 2 young daughters know, and they are struggling with the revelation as best they can...I did everything up unto this admision to hide it as best I could, including putting the same 2 quotes in each of the 3 screen names...Where did I go wrong in life...?
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

You really need more quotes in your sig line.  Not nearly screen-consuming enough yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 19 Game Thread Sox vs Yanks : For some reason, I wanted it go at least 20. Just so it would be 20 and not 19. I actually grew up a Pirates fan. Fell in love with Roberto Clemente the season of '71 and got to watch him only one more year after that. So I still have a soft spot for the Bucs. I drifted over to the Sox in '78, of all seasons. Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE] Yeah. Reds and Bucs had some great battles in the 70's, and 1990 was a classic too. Never forget game 4 when Bonilla tried to stretch that double into a triple and Davis threw him out on the carom after Hatcher crashed into the wall trying to catch it. Unforgettable! That was the turning point of that series. If you would have put a baseball sized cup in front of Sabo's glove, Davis would have hit it with that throw.